PDA

View Full Version : Event Planning

Katy
26-Mar-08, 10:05
I am looking into starting up my own business in Caithness offering event organising. This will cover all parties (birthday, engagement, anniversaries, hen & stag etc) and also weddings.
I would offer a full range of packages from 'on the day co-ordination' to full event planning and everything in between!
I feel that lots would appreciate this help and relieve the stress, others like to do the whole thing themselves but just have someone on the day to get everything in place for them.
I have 8years previous experience in organising events at Ackergill Tower. I am currently looking into doing a degree in both Wedding & Event Planning this giving all my clients peace of mind that I am fully qualified.
I would appreciate feedback from you all and if you feel Caithness would benefit from this?
Many thanks in advance
Katy

BRIE
26-Mar-08, 10:48
ASHAW1 has a thread on here too stating that she was looking to doing wedding planning too. bit of healthy competition.
Not something that I would personally use but sure alot of people would as organising any special occasion is very stressful.

Bobinovich
26-Mar-08, 11:13
I'm all for encouraging new business but having seen some of the reactions to the prices of wedding photographers & the like (Recommendations forum), I'm not sure how some would feel about paying X hundreds of pounds for someone to organise things.

However, good luck if you decide to go though with it.

Katy
26-Mar-08, 11:35
ASHAW1 has a thread on here too stating that she was looking to doing wedding planning too. bit of healthy competition.
Not something that I would personally use but sure alot of people would as organising any special occasion is very stressful.

I did see that ASHAW1 was planning opening a bridal shop in Wick which I think is great and if my business goes ahead I hope that I will be able to recommend her to my customers. I never realised she was going to offer wedding planning as well, I thought it was more a shop for brides (& grooms) to go in and pick their dresses and other things for their wedding. I will be offering the full planning and being there on the day itself. Maybe I have picked this up wrong though.
Katy x

Katy
26-Mar-08, 11:38
I'm all for encouraging new business but having seen some of the reactions to the prices of wedding photographers & the like (Recommendations forum), I'm not sure how some would feel about paying X hundreds of pounds for someone to organise things.

However, good luck if you decide to go though with it.

Hi Bobinovich,
I would hope that I could help all my clients in getting a good price from all their suppliers as well and them not paying anymore than they would expect but still get the service they expect.
I understand a wedding is an expensive time and some people can't afford a wedding planner but I would hope I would be able to save them money in the long run.
Katy x

Venture
26-Mar-08, 11:46
I am looking into starting up my own business in Caithness offering event organising. This will cover all parties (birthday, engagement, anniversaries, hen & stag etc) and also weddings.
I would offer a full range of packages from 'on the day co-ordination' to full event planning and everything in between!
I feel that lots would appreciate this help and relieve the stress, others like to do the whole thing themselves but just have someone on the day to get everything in place for them.
I have 8years previous experience in organising events at Ackergill Tower. I am currently looking into doing a degree in both Wedding & Event Planning this giving all my clients peace of mind that I am fully qualified.
I would appreciate feedback from you all and if you feel Caithness would benefit from this?
Many thanks in advance
Katy

I think your idea is a good one. Particularly when it comes to parties. Weddings can be a different story. In cities where you have a much wider choice of venues, florists, photographers etc it does work but up here Im not so sure. I think the financial outlay for a wedding nowadays is huge and to add on the cost of a planner is not something many poeple up here would be able to afford or I think need. For parties Id say go for it. Everyone enjoys a party and can use any excuse to have one. It would be great to pick up the phone and have someone do it all for you making it extra special by using themes etc. There is a lot of work involved in organising parties and I for one would use you if need be.

Katy
26-Mar-08, 11:51
I think your idea is a good one. Particularly when it comes to parties. Weddings can be a different story. In cities where you have a much wider choice of venues, florists, photographers etc it does work but up here Im not so sure. I think the financial outlay for a wedding nowadays is huge and to add on the cost of a planner is not something many poeple up here would be able to afford or I think need. For parties Id say go for it. Everyone enjoys a party and can use any excuse to have one. It would be great to pick up the phone and have someone do it all for you making it extra special by using themes etc. There is a lot of work involved in organising parties and I for one would use you if need be.

Thanks Venture, there is certainly a lot of work involved organising any events and I enjoy the buzz and then seeing the end result!! Some brides and grooms do like to do all the hard work themselves which I totally understand and my service will also offer being there on the wedding day itself for setting up the venue(s), tables and helping them with anything they require this giving them the chance to relax without having to worry about a thing and actually enjoy their day they have spent lots of time organising.
Katy x

Katy
28-Mar-08, 10:48
Only bringing this back to the top to see if anyone else has any feedback for me.
Thanks in advance.
Katy