PDA

View Full Version : THE WATERFRONT/Hayseed Dixie

zappster
23-Mar-08, 21:50
That was a bloomin disgrace last night in the waterfront..Hayseed dixie are a reasonably well known band & to be playing in that stinking hole must've really given a bad impression on the town! £13.50 if you bought a ticket but I was hearing they were charging £17 at the door!
GET THAT PLACE FUMIGATED..It stinks of wet dog (& i dont even like dogs!)

BIG A
23-Mar-08, 21:56
So True the place Smells the smoke used to hide it[disgust]

lagertops
23-Mar-08, 22:03
Apart from the smell,was it a good night?

zappster
24-Mar-08, 11:24
aye hayseed dixie were a laugh..what I remember of it!!

gemma89
24-Mar-08, 12:15
That was a bloomin disgrace last night in the waterfront..Hayseed dixie are a reasonably well known band & to be playing in that stinking hole must've really given a bad impression on the town! £13.50 if you bought a ticket but I was hearing they were charging £17 at the door!

It was still £13.50 at th door if u didnt hav a ticket an £7 after th band had finishd. At th end of the day its a ngtclub, ther are no windows to air th place out through th week, only the fire doors an front door an considerin ther was years of smokin you cant rele expect anythin else. Hayseed dixie wer also playin in skinandis nt tht long ago an personally, i find skinandis a lot worse than th waterfront. At least when you could smoke in th pubs th smoke seemd to hide the smell off sweat :lol: most ngtclubs iv been in all smell now

~~Tides~~
24-Mar-08, 16:29
I just hate the attitude that everyone has that it is imperriive that you must go to the waterfront on a saturday night. The place is a rip off and humms to high heaven, most people agree the music is terrible.

gemma89
24-Mar-08, 16:49
Its a good thing we dnt all think like that then and make the most of what we have up here. I dnt have a problem with th wf at all. If u dnt lyk it, simply dnt go

angela5
24-Mar-08, 17:11
If u dnt lyk it, simply dnt go

Stopped going there over 4 years ago. It was a smelly dump then, hate to imagine the stink in there now!:lol:

2little2late
24-Mar-08, 22:44

Same old story every week. "Waterfront is crap, Waterfront is boring, that's the last time I go to Waterfront". I hear it over and over again but still, all the fools go back for more. If it is that bad then why don't you all make a stance and just don't visit the establishment. Then when Jocky isn't getting any money from you all he might do something about it.

You are all being laughed at for paying over the odds to get in to such a rubbish place. But then people do anything when they are drunk.

zappster
25-Mar-08, 10:05
Same old story every week. "Waterfront is crap, Waterfront is boring, that's the last time I go to Waterfront". I hear it over and over again but still, all the fools go back for more. If it is that bad then why don't you all make a stance and just don't visit the establishment. Then when Jocky isn't getting any money from you all he might do something about it.

You are all being laughed at for paying over the odds to get in to such a rubbish place. But then people do anything when they are drunk.
Right for a start I hadnt been to the waterfront in about 3-4 years because of the state the place used to be..
My point being (if you had read my thread correctly in the 1st place)I went Purely to see Hayseed Dixie & it was an embarrasment to wonder what they were thinking of the stinking place. I didnt mind £13.50 but I thought it was a bit out of order that other people appearing on the night were getting charged even more!

~~Tides~~
28-Mar-08, 13:35
It's not as simple as 'if you dont't like it, don't go'. Because it's where everyone goes. The alternative is to go home on your own and sit in a dark room facing the wall, and think "yeah! im making a stance!", because you cant persuade anyone else.

gemma89
30-Mar-08, 16:59
Well if its where every1 goes then it cant be as bad as every1 makes out then?
I dont go into the camps because i dont like it... but the place always seems packd, if i didnt like the waterfront i wouldnt go. When i go out in thurso i go home or elsewher before skinandis because i dont like it.. I wont pay £7 on a saturday ngt to go sumwher i dont like!!

Invisible
23-May-08, 13:42
Stop your complaining, if you don't like it don't go.

zzzzzzz
04-Jun-08, 01:54
No matter what happens in the town there's always a handfull of people ready to windge. Honestly thank god the waterfront is there and trying to do something interesting and saying don't go so Jocky won't get money how petty minded, he has put alot of his own money into the town to try and make it better and bigger theres a lot worse men in the town than him, that do nothing for the town and make a profit. you guys complain about the price but do you know how mich it cost's to get big names up to Wick more than if you were in Glasgow and really people pay more to travel,accomodation and then concert tickets when they go down south so how about supporting your community and give these people who try a helping hand

foreveruntitled
04-Jun-08, 12:42
so how about supporting your community and give these people who try a helping hand

People who try? Maybe if they tried cleaning the place I'd be more inclined to give them a 'helping hand'. The waterfront is a dive.

tomacomen
05-Jun-08, 22:00
the waterfront is a joke. its not a nightclub!

the place stinks, its interior is outdated, needs decent lighting effects, desperately needs a decent dj who can actually use turntables not just a cd player, needs doorstaff and stewards who dont let in bairns or bams and can actually handle a situation, a cheaper door price wouldnt go a miss especially with the amount of money they bring in every saturday night (7quid is a lot of money to be paying for only 3 hours) and would it be so hard to clean the place up?

i suppose the management can get away with this service (or lack of) when wick, unfortunately, has no competition. i havent been in the place for nearly a year and i dont think ill be in anytime soon unless a vast improvement is made.

zzzzzzz
18-Jun-08, 05:05
I agree the staff are a problem and it would be great to have a real dj and lighting but in wick were do u find these people when its only 1 night a week not even close to a part time job and the door price what about skinz its always been more than the waterfront the price hasn't changed in the waterfront almost since it opened as the price of running a place staff and fixing it from tinks that reck it then they need to up the price is like everything else in the world everything is going up

phil_moonbeam
18-Jun-08, 06:59
i think its unfair on the waterfont all this bad press yes things have changed over the years the lighting rig was updated at least twice and the soundsystem too but if you dont support the place how can updates be done it use to open 4 nights a week and was busy smallest crowds about 120 people that was on a sunday night so come on people show some support and you may get what you want good bands decent djs latest lights no support cant improve things so support the WATERFRONT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Invisible
26-Jun-08, 16:23
the waterfront is a joke. its not a nightclub!

the place stinks, its interior is outdated, needs decent lighting effects, desperately needs a decent dj who can actually use turntables not just a cd player, needs doorstaff and stewards who dont let in bairns or bams and can actually handle a situation, a cheaper door price wouldnt go a miss especially with the amount of money they bring in every saturday night (7quid is a lot of money to be paying for only 3 hours) and would it be so hard to clean the place up?

i suppose the management can get away with this service (or lack of) when wick, unfortunately, has no competition. i havent been in the place for nearly a year and i dont think ill be in anytime soon unless a vast improvement is made.

Very well said

zzzzzzz
08-Jul-08, 08:05
I hate wickers there never happy unless there windging no wonder no 1 wants to do anythin for eh place

Looby2K7
08-Jul-08, 23:08
I hate wickers there never happy unless there windging no wonder no 1 wants to do anythin for eh place

excuse me , how long have wickers been paying to get in the waterfront over 10years and it still the same stinky smelly carpet on the floor...where exactly is our admission fees going to and wot are they paying for?????

zzzzzzz
17-Dec-08, 07:22
The place has been refurbished 5 times since it opened and could you imagine paying that electricity bill and they have updated their sound and lighting heaps since it opened where do you think your money is going and coz you get the clever people wreking the place every weekend they have to replace toilets or the seats get plumber out to fix what ever the druken idiot broke and then don't for get the staff they have 5 bar staff 8 bouncers a d.j the cloak room how many people are there on a sat night that money wouldn't go far. that was such a typical small minded thing to say

forevera123
17-Dec-08, 22:02
coz you get the clever people wreking the place every weekend they have to replace toilets or the seats get plumber out to fix what ever the druken idiot broke
instead of spending admission fees for fixing those things been damaged by drukies,, the waterfront really should send those bills to those drukies who damaged things.:)

butterfly
04-Jan-09, 19:27
the place has been refurbished 5 times and it still stinks and it is still a rip off.i have never smelt a place like it.they need to really try and get rid of that stink,everybody talks about it now.not good.wash floor and seating and a little air freshner wont go wrong,it smells like a cattleshed![disgust]

telfordstar
05-Jan-09, 00:09
Dump. End of.:lol:

mrsbaghdaddy
05-Jan-09, 17:29
yepppeee

closing down and getting done up i have heard on the jungle drums

spiggie
05-Jan-09, 18:19
Would need the insides ripped out and totaly rebuilt! something more like Skinandis. As it stands it is just like a massive hall with no atmosphere! we need a proper nightclub!