PDA

View Full Version : electric meter key

unicorn
23-Mar-08, 20:33
can you get electric meter keys charged in the coop in spring park? anyone know?

Julia
23-Mar-08, 20:46
The co-op in Wick does so if your local store has a pay point I should expect they do that too. Nothing worse than realising you need leccy on a Sunday! :eek:

unicorn
23-Mar-08, 20:48
Cheers Julia, got enough in it but new meter and going shop anyway so better get £6 only lasts 2 days :eek:

baggie boy
23-Mar-08, 22:14
i am told that the little co-op does accept the new meter keys. any where that has a pay point will take them aswell.

unicorn
23-Mar-08, 23:09
Yup I took it round and they do, Thanks all :D

EDDIE
23-Mar-08, 23:46
these pay as u go electric meters do u pay more than a normal meter?.£6 for 2 days is that not dear i pay £60 month for gas and electric

unicorn
23-Mar-08, 23:56
I am actually planning a change as my electric has gone through the roof on the meter and I have no idea why. Time for meter to go I think.

balto
24-Mar-08, 15:28
we just got our meter changed the other day to the new key meter and i have noticed it is costing a good bit more a day to run, dont think i am going to like this new way.

justine
24-Mar-08, 15:42
these pay as u go electric meters do u pay more than a normal meter?.£6 for 2 days is that not dear i pay £60 month for gas and electric

Yes they do.We have a key metre and can put up to 20 a week on it and still ahve to getmore and we have nothing plugged in more than anyone else...The machines are a rip off and wuld advise many to go back to quartely billing..Cheaper in the long run......

Julia
24-Mar-08, 16:23
I'm putting in £20+ a week and I have one storage heater on, a panel heater on two hours a day and hot water plus the other usual household equipment, I'm extremely energy conscious and it's still costing me a fortune and our home is freezing. :( Hurry up Caithness Heat and Power!

justine
24-Mar-08, 16:27
I'm putting in £20+ a week and I have one storage heater on, a panel heater on two hours a day and hot water plus the other usual household equipment, I'm extremely energy conscious and it's still costing me a fortune and our home is freezing. :( Hurry up Caithness Heat and Power!

Could take while..We were supposed to have it in last year but there are problems with planning..If you want any info on this you will need to contact them about it...I only contacted them to find out if and when we were getting it in as it will only cost us 9.65 a week to heat it up and we have 14 radiators...alot cheaper than what we pay for our gas to heat it up..Should ave left the coal fire in but then that would not be green....

angela5
24-Mar-08, 16:27
Since getting the Key meter i've noticed an increase in my electric, currently burning anything from £35-£40 per week.

unicorn
24-Mar-08, 16:39
Blooming heck angela that is a lot!! ouch :eek: