PDA

View Full Version : Sicko

TBH
21-Mar-08, 21:35
I have just been watching the Michael Moore documentary. Any members, American or otherwise wish to comment on the validity of this. Are insurance companies really guilty of putting people out on the street if they can't afford to pay? Did they really make 911 emergency personnel go through a host of specific requirements before they would be allowed government funded healthcare?

badger
21-Mar-08, 22:21
I don't know about the film as haven't seen it but have heard a lot about the plight of those who don't have medical insurance in the US and it's pretty shocking. Makes you grateful for the NHS.

TBH
21-Mar-08, 22:30
I don't know about the film as haven't seen it but have heard a lot about the plight of those who don't have medical insurance in the US and it's pretty shocking. Makes you grateful for the NHS.It is well worth watching, like I said I am not sure as to the validity of it but If true it is an absolute disgrace.

ciderally
22-Mar-08, 11:31
i just watched that the other night...opens your eyes to the perfect american system...my OH is american and he said its true to form if you dont have the money forget it .....