PDA

View Full Version : pc trying to access

router
20-Mar-08, 22:24
i have norton online security and a couple of times it has blocked a remote pc from gaining access to this one...odd but the pc that is trying to gain access has the same name as this one! security gives ISP of the remote one,how would i find the location of this as i understand it is possible to trace a pc practically to the doorway of where it is by the ISP number

blueivy
20-Mar-08, 23:50
i have norton online security and a couple of times it has blocked a remote pc from gaining access to this one...odd but the pc that is trying to gain access has the same name as this one! security gives ISP of the remote one,how would i find the location of this as i understand it is possible to trace a pc practically to the doorway of where it is by the ISP number

What is the IP address of the remote machine?

Mr_Me19
21-Mar-08, 11:57
If the address is 127.0.0.1 then it is almost definately your own computer. If it is another address (even the same one as you have) then it could be your router or it could be someone trying to access your computer AFTER having gained access to your router.

router
21-Mar-08, 13:26
no,not that one though the ip address is similar to this one in the first 7 digits...when the the remote pc tried to gain access the pc was off though the router was still on....i did wonder if it was something to do with the router itself,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Mr_Me19
21-Mar-08, 13:40
Out of curiosity... How do you know that the remote pc tried to gain access if your computer was turned off?