PDA

View Full Version : i'm away to e usa

teddybear1873
11-Nov-05, 05:41
well folks i'm of to the states on the 19th nov...new job, new life..going to louisiana first for about 6 weeks then driving 2800 miles threw 8 states to seattle..so hoping to catch u all on e old caithnness.org soon after i get there...so all b good and no slaggin on the forums lol

donss
11-Nov-05, 08:17
Best of luck T Bear:
It reminds me of when I packed up and went to Oz for 10 years... It'll be the best thing you'll have done.

Even if it doesn't work out: Better to have tried and gone than to have stayed where you are. You can always come home, but maybe never get another chance to go.

Good on you. Best wishes. Have fun: Take care......... ;-)

wicker
11-Nov-05, 09:28
Wishing you all the best even though im jealous, would love to work abroad but no idea bout it. Best of luck

paris
11-Nov-05, 12:02
Good luck T Bear, hope you enjoy your new life in usa.

golach
11-Nov-05, 12:20
Good luck, on your new life, what are the Huns going to do without you and Big Eck lol

porshiepoo
11-Nov-05, 12:28
Good luck ! You're so lucky! I've always wanted to go. I'd love to live on a ranch, or visit Atlanta, tenessee, new orleans etc.

Good luck again!

crayola
11-Nov-05, 12:38
Good luck teddybear1873. Don't forget to take your umbrella. You know what they say about Seattle. "People don't age there, they just rust". Nice place tho. Must go back and visit properly some day. Say Hi to Bill Gates.

Atlanta? Hmmm. The only good thing about Atlanta is the train that speaks to you as you travel between terminals at the airport. The rest is pants.

porshiepoo
11-Nov-05, 12:53
Yes but I'd love to go back to an old way of life! I'd love to go to the old wild west or 'gone with the wind' time.

crayola
11-Nov-05, 12:58
But Atlanta is a modern city. It's a massive sea of surburbia in a flat boring landscape. It's huge, soulless, full of shopping malls, the traffic is dreadful and it has smog problems. There's barely a hill between Atlanta and the Gulf Coast. Take all the worst features of Los Angeles, plonk them down in the middle of nowhere on a flat soulless plain away from the ocean and you have Atlanta. It would be a nightmare for you.

Seattle is nice. Real nice. Teddybear1873 has chosen well.

Never been to Tennessee.

hails4
12-Nov-05, 11:31
although i dont know who u are im jelous just reading that! best o luck!

cullbucket
12-Nov-05, 17:27
Mr Bear, I couldnt believe how much it rained when I was in Seattle - it can rain for like 1 month straight in winter... When I asked my mate how he coped with the weather he replied "when its raining down here, its snowing on the mountains" - my advice is to take up the winter sports so you can have the same attitude....

angela5
12-Nov-05, 18:12
all the best teddybear and i hope you got your tv sold:)

teddybear1873
12-Nov-05, 18:50
thanx 4 all the post folks...ye Seattle is a cold place but l have to adapt to that...( i hope )..i'm really looking forward to it and with a bit of luck l get shifted 2 a warmer climate...l keep u all posted on how i get on when i get online

sandie
12-Nov-05, 20:06
hi i have just finally read this and i wanted to say good luck i am also happy for you making a new life metting new ppl.
Hope you find you'r job is ok and if you see any famouse people make sure you get thier autograph's
Good luck and take care xx

the_highlander45
16-Nov-05, 14:57
look i ken your going to the u.s. of a just hurry up & go so i can have a good going party

RobRoy
16-Nov-05, 17:32
I remember living in Caithness and it's a lot colder there in winter than what it is here in Seattle, and a lot more snow too.

George Brims
16-Nov-05, 18:51
From what I hear (my son's girlfriend is from there) Seattle is not cold, but rather what we Scots would call dreich. Think of Fort William with bigger (and volcanically active!) mountains behind it.

Anyway good luck with the move. Remember to drive on the right! Check the right-turn-on-red and other traffic laws in each state as you enter it (yes they vary). Make sure to visit as many National Parks as possible on the drive. I recommend Yellowstone, Yosemite and the Grand Canyon, though to do all of those you will have to zig-zag a bit!