PDA

View Full Version : supportive or pushy parents

ciderally
20-Mar-08, 13:12
i have just been reading about lewis hamilton and tiger woods..both started young ...do you think the success they have so clearly worked hard for themselves in later years..has been due to the fact that the parents being really obesssive in their younger days...i mean what 2 year old would want to practise golf all day...and lewis dad worked 3 jobs to help his son...did the parents see the talent in the boys at so young an age....or did they think you will do it come hell or high water....

router
20-Mar-08, 13:18
Look at michael jackson, what else needs to be said..he was pushed all along and still turned out a spoilt child, whacko maybe but still spoilt..thats my opinion...

justine
20-Mar-08, 13:30
I would say in the case of Woods it definately would be supportive. His mothers goes to every game he plays and enjoys watching her son succeed in something that is obviously natural to him....He may be a moody, grumpy man but he can play golf.

As for hamilton, dont know much about him, dont like motor sports....

Penelope Pitstop
20-Mar-08, 13:40
I think Lewis's dad would have played a supportive role. Lewis obviously loved karting and so did his Dad....something they would have done together as a team......probably every other weekend during racing season.

It is very very expensive to compete in so I'm not surprised that he had 3 jobs to pay for it!! lol

ciderally
20-Mar-08, 13:44
i suppose what im wondering were they ....quote

Child prodigy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_prodigy)
A child prodigy is someone who is a master of one or more skills or arts at an early age. One generally accepted heuristic for identifying prodigies is the following: a prodigy is someone who, roughly by the age of twelve, displays expert proficiency or a profound grasp of the...

or were they the outcome of the parents pushing them into doing well at a young age? ....

justine
20-Mar-08, 13:47
here is a list of some child prodigies.....maybe you can get some idea looking through these...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_child_prodigies

ciderally
20-Mar-08, 14:03
thanks for that justine.....they have been given recognition from the earliest periods of recorded history.....gives me more to think about...

justine
20-Mar-08, 15:06
thanks for that justine.....they have been given recognition from the earliest periods of recorded history.....gives me more to think about...
I know it seems we have more child prodigies than we thought....

dook
20-Mar-08, 18:12
Look at michael jackson, what else needs to be said..he was pushed all along and still turned out a spoilt child, whacko maybe but still spoilt..thats my opinion...

But fair do's. He does love the kids.

justine
20-Mar-08, 18:44
But fair do's. He does love the kids.

oooooooh, not making any comment on that one.....:eek: