PDA

View Full Version : Thrown out of Oz

ciderally
20-Mar-08, 10:36
dont you think that australia was responsible for this paedophile after him living in that country for 50 years?

honey
20-Mar-08, 10:36
Its a hard one, cause if its was the other way round, we would only be to glad to get rid of him.....

justine
20-Mar-08, 10:40
think this is mad..Just been reading it, why should we take him back, although he is a brit he has been away for 50 years, and is a known sex offender, but i dont think what we think makes a difference as britain will take anyone in, they dont call it the Motherland for nothing, arms open for anyone...

ciderally
20-Mar-08, 10:41
yea im understanding that...its just that after 50 years..how long does it take to belong to a country...

changilass
20-Mar-08, 10:43
If he still has a british passport then they have every right to send him back.

As was said on the Wright Stuff this morning, they are just getting their own back for us sending our criminals over there years ago.

justine
20-Mar-08, 10:47
If he still has a british passport then they have every right to send him back.

As was said on the Wright Stuff this morning, they are just getting their own back for us sending our criminals over there years ago.

Fair enough but how long can someone hold a grudge.....:eek: the last know criminal sent was in 1898...

honey
20-Mar-08, 10:47
I work for US Embassy, and although i dont deal much with people once they have immigrated to the US, im preety sure part of the provisions to live there is that you dont breach the immigration laws... such as commiting a crime such as this.

Id say that that is a pretty good basic rule for any country11

ciderally
20-Mar-08, 10:59
why not after his first conviction then..he has spent a lot of time in jail over thare...

honey
20-Mar-08, 11:01
why not after his first conviction then..he has spent a lot of time in jail over thare...

as i say, im not sure of the in and outs of it. Its just something that sounds vaguley familiar., Plus Australia will have its own rules im sure..

Lolabelle
20-Mar-08, 11:15
I don't understand why they have deported him to the UK, he has been here since he was 5 yrs old???? It seems to me that he should have just been left in gaol here. Not that I don't think that Australia is well rid of him.

justine
20-Mar-08, 11:15
as i say, im not sure of the in and outs of it. Its just something that sounds vaguley familiar., Plus Australia will have its own rules im sure..

Heres a quick link with some of the facts....

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1310065,00.html (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1310065,00.html)

The big problem we will have with him is the fact he will have to report to a police station close to where he moves, which he probably wont, and he will be free to offend...After spending so long in jail i dont think the threat of five years if he steps out of line will bother him....Petty they dont open alcatraz, stick the sick get on there with he rest of the dirty gets....

This is a passage of the link above....
But Shy Keenan, of child abuse victims' campaign group Phoenix Chief Advocates, said Horne would be "more dangerous" in Britain because he has no support network here

honey
20-Mar-08, 11:25
Cheers Justine, but i meant the ins and outs of the immigration law.

dont get me wrong, i dont want him here either... i dont think paedophiles should be released into the community near kids, let alone be moved from another country....

newpark
20-Mar-08, 11:40
Thank god there have been pictures of him all over the media as they say he is very highly likely to re offend. Imagine the poor family that gets him as a neighbour. Will he get a job?

justine
20-Mar-08, 11:53
slightly off topic of oz, but here is a link to a tragic story, that could have been prevented if the police had better ways of tracking sex offenders...
Now in this link the man was not named but he is called Ronald Mariner, a known pervert from blackburn, who was at the time of the offence was living in the next street to the little boy in Bolton..
Now mariner was supposed to tell police if he moved, but then why would any perve let anyone know...
Now this is close to home as i lived four doors away from this little boy at the time of this murder, which was a prompt to leave england and find somewhere safe for my children, but i remeber the fear we all felt at the time..No kids played out, they were in all the time until the court case was over...

http://archive.theboltonnews.co.uk/2002/2/15/633869.html

ciderally
20-Mar-08, 12:54
he will probably get all the benifits plus a lot more knowing the system in the u.k. prob a house and furniture ect ect ect

Penelope Pitstop
20-Mar-08, 13:20
The big problem we will have with him is the fact he will have to report to a police station close to where he moves

I may be wrong, but I'm sure I heard on the news this morning that he will have to sign the sex offenders register....but will not have to report to the police...:eek:

I suppose the way the authorities look on it is that he has done his time and is free to live his life. Unfortunately, the Australian Dr who assessed him before leaving said that he was very likely to reoffend....very, very scarey isn't it.

Penelope Pitstop
20-Mar-08, 13:23
he will probably get all the benifits plus a lot more knowing the system in the u.k. prob a house and furniture ect ect ect

I've absolutely no doubt that you are 100% right there.

I wonder if he was not allowed to become an Australian citizen....???

justine
20-Mar-08, 13:23
I may be wrong, but I'm sure I heard on the news this morning that he will have to sign the sex offenders register....but will not have to report to the police...:eek:

I suppose the way the authorities look on it is that he has done his time and is free to live his life. Unfortunately, the Australian Dr who assessed him before leaving said that he was very likely to reoffend....very, very scarey isn't it.

I cant believe that pp...why should he not report to the police i thought that would have been part of his condition for returning...Well i hope he is plastered on all sites and boards and the locals are the first to know when he moves in.....

Good afternoon......

router
20-Mar-08, 16:15
this has just come out..He is supposedly still dangerous, and would have been watched if he had stayed in Australia, for atleast another 15 yrs..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7306300.stm

ciderally
20-Mar-08, 16:22
quote from router's link///

Hetty Johnston, from the Brisbane-based charity Bravehearts, told BBC News that Horne had been "sex offending against young boys for half his life" and should never have been released. She said the Australian authorities could have detained Horne after his release date because of the risk of him reoffending but that had not been sanctioned and it was "cheaper" to send him back.

what can one say....words fail me...if they could have detained him ...shouldent they have done it...isent a child in the uk worth anything to them.....

_Ju_
20-Mar-08, 18:49
Oh, when the shoe is on the other foot.........

I seem to remember a thread not too long ago where a nationalized chap who commited a violent crime that resulted in a death ( I believe he was condemned for 2nd degree murder, or the UK equivalent) as a minor (was he 14/15 at the time?). This person happened to have been born in another EU country, but he had been here almost since birth. I seem to remember many people braying for him to be returned to origin, one way ticket, don't come back please. Yet when the same is done, returning UK (by circumstance of birth) criminals the general feeling is that that is not wanted either. We can't have it both ways.

balto
20-Mar-08, 21:30
as if we need another beast to be living with decent people, wonder where he will end up, and all he had to do was sign the sex register and that was him in the country free to go where he wants.

Penelope Pitstop
21-Mar-08, 17:00
Should tattoo their foreheads then we would all know who they are:confused....maybe a deterrant as well;) lol