PDA

View Full Version : Fast4.net

Liz
13-May-03, 18:07
I know the topic of ISP's has been covered before but I don't think anyone mentioned Fast4.net?
I've been looking at cheaper options, at the moment I'm with Freeserve for £14.99 per month.
Fast4.net is £6.99 per month unlimited access and so sounds good pricewise but I don't know about service etc and so wondered if anyone currently uses them and, if so, what do you think?

:roll: :eek:

The Angel Of Death
14-May-03, 12:28
dont touch em with a big stick one of the worst isp's i have used and thats saying something i used to do tech support for bt internet and at our worst we was far better than this bunch of clowns

there price says it all cheap access my problems was that i couldnt get online most nights if you got on 9 times out of 10 it was not bad and after 2 hours you could just reconnect and grab your port you was on before but if you couldnt get on then it could take anything from 10 mins to a few hours to get on if you got on at all sometimes i just got so fed up with it i used a paying connection just to get online

i mailed there tech support and got a poor reply about people using it as an always on connection but for unlimited access for £7 a month what do they expect

i changed to tiscali got a month free and unlimited calls for £15 atleast i can connect when i want now

Gizmo
14-May-03, 22:35
Try either clara.net or virgin.net, both 14.99 a month for unlimited access, Clara is the better of the two as they dont have a 2 hour cut off time, you get disconnected after 10 mins idle time though, but this can be fixed by setting Outlook to check for mail every 8 mins, then you can surf uninterupted for as long as you like and you'll never get booted halfway through a download :)

Also Clara have a user to modem ratio of 1 to 10 so the connection speed is always pretty good.

I used to be on Freeserve, but because i was a heavy user they always moved me to a crowded bandwidth and my connection became slow as a snail, and thats not paranoia, i was told this by an employee...so i cancelled my account and went with Clara, never had a problem with them yet

Zambo
24-May-03, 21:47
Liz - I think it might be time to move from Freeserve! I am with Freeserve as well, but have experienced a lot of connection probs lately. I'm about to buy a new PC - thought I would follow your lead.......and I think I will register with Clara.net on the new PC.

Liz
26-May-03, 22:04
Cheers everyone!

Your info has been really helpful and I appreciate it!

Liz :D :) ;)