PDA

View Full Version : Hobbies

Dusty
19-Mar-08, 13:56
Looking at the various posts in the different sections of the Forum, there seems to be quite a varied amount of interests indulged in by the Orgers.

What is your hobby?

Myself, I'm into genealogy, computing, photography, metal detecting, local history and Caithness.org.

I think it might be interesting to find out what others do with their leisure time.

justine
19-Mar-08, 13:58
history is a favourite, so is art and anything to do with my garden...In fact i hold alot dear to me and hobbies just get better as i learn more.....

karia
19-Mar-08, 14:19
Hi Dusty,

I paint, read, enjoy cooking and walking.....not at the same time or I'd spill stuff.;)

unicorn
19-Mar-08, 14:21
I breed and show rabbits. I read a lot. Help organise the Caithness rabbit fanciers' association.

honey
19-Mar-08, 14:22
if i get time now.... dancing, reading and following Glasgow Rangers

DRM
19-Mar-08, 21:55
Radio Ham amongst others

NickInTheNorth
19-Mar-08, 22:02
I read, I fish, I'm about to build a boat, I cook, I'm a birder, I'm a photographer, I enjoy walking, but I probably spend more time doing what the kids want than anything else.

dook
19-Mar-08, 22:03
I lick toads............

dessie
19-Mar-08, 22:04
i fly model aircraft...and have model railways...bit of photography.but crap at it....

blowfish
19-Mar-08, 22:07
I have started making things out of model balloons. I know it sounds real lame, but I started with a snake, then went onto a worm. Having mastered the basics, I managed a poodle and a swan, though i found the trickiest part is trying to get my stubby fingers around the balloon knot, sometimes you have to grip it in yer teeth.

It is quite rewarding and goes down well at my kids and friends kids parties

Phoebus_Apollo
19-Mar-08, 23:29
Give me a guitar and I`ll happily amuse myself for hours.

sweetpea
19-Mar-08, 23:33
I'm into nail art, my sewing machine, crochet, gardening, my gym ball, books, music, painting and making stuff. I like to have a few projects on the go at the same time, so if I get bored with one I can move onto another. My skills are with my hands.

Poultney lad
19-Mar-08, 23:49
hI I USED TO BREED ANGORAS MANY YEARS AGO

Bobinovich
20-Mar-08, 00:00
Computers (of course :D), graphic design, reading, movies, music, DIY, and good food (a biggie that one!).

sweetpea
20-Mar-08, 00:28
Me and you sound quite compatible Bobo, pity your marreid;)

Margaret M.
20-Mar-08, 00:47
I love gardening, dancing, cycling, yoga, pilates and doing research on health and nutrition. I also love birds and used to have a purple martin colony and a bluebird trail at my last house. I still have about a dozen nestboxes that I monitor.

Oddquine
20-Mar-08, 01:18
Presently, I'm into genealogy, computers (and the internet and building websites), cross-stitch, DIY, playing with flash and photoshop and reading mostly................but in my time (which is not inconsiderable), I've produced 1/12 and 1/24 Dolls Houses and furniture, knitted, done tapestry,sewing, crochet and dressmaking, made and dressed porcelain dolls, made stuffed toys, produced salt dough "things", tried glass engraving, egg blowing and decoration, collected stamps .....in fact, I think I've had a go at just about any crafty (but not particularly arty) option I have come across.

I have also landscaped the train set layout I bought my son (he got it because I wanted to set up and landscape one!)

But I tend to lose interest once I have mastered the techniques to my own satisfaction.

Dusty
20-Mar-08, 08:31
I just knew the Orgers were a diverse lot.

That's a fair spread of activities so far and I've already got a couple of ideas of things I might like to try. There are some things I'm doing at the moment that I have to improve my ability at first though.