PDA

View Full Version : Flatulent smelly dog

justine
19-Mar-08, 01:25
Looking for advise on one smelly staffie......He has a bad gas problem, It makes no difference what type of food he is on it is well lets just say sickly...Is there anything that i can buy to help him with his obvious problemits starting to become one smelly problem....Any help would be so much appreciated.....

Liz
19-Mar-08, 13:02
Does he gulp his food by any chance? If so it sounds like he is swallowing air?

If you give him wet food (btw Naturediet Lite is the best food I have found for stopping gut problems)then feed this to him in Kongs as he will need to eat more slowly then.
I had to try a lot of different foods on my dog Benjy to find one which wouldn't upset his tum.

You can get treats from Mark & Chappell Ltd called 'Digestive Aid' which may help as it 'reduces excessive wind'. Not sure whether Pets At Home will sell it?

Good luck!!!!

justine
19-Mar-08, 13:25
Does he gulp his food by any chance? If so it sounds like he is swallowing air?

If you give him wet food (btw Naturediet Lite is the best food I have found for stopping gut problems)then feed this to him in Kongs as he will need to eat more slowly then.
I had to try a lot of different foods on my dog Benjy to find one which wouldn't upset his tum.

You can get treats from Mark & Chappell Ltd called 'Digestive Aid' which may help as it 'reduces excessive wind'. Not sure whether Pets At Home will sell it?

Good luck!!!!

No i can say he does not gulp. infact i can say he is not a piggy dog, takes his time..

i know staffies are renound for their gassy problems, but oh dear if i had only known how bad...will try the suggestion, see if it helps reduce the ommissions....

Liz
19-Mar-08, 14:08
Benjy gets really bad bottom burps if he gets anything other than Naturediet Lite, Tripe Sticks and carrots!

If you PM me your address I could send you some of the Digestive Treats to try?

justine
19-Mar-08, 14:45
Benjy gets really bad bottom burps if he gets anything other than Naturediet Lite, Tripe Sticks and carrots!

If you PM me your address I could send you some of the Digestive Treats to try?

Tank gets bottom burps no matter what he eats..and it is stinking...But apparently that is natural for a staffie, whats natural about it i have no idea, Its that bad that you can taste it, not being to descriptive....

fuzz24
19-Mar-08, 17:17
justine Mine are exactly the same , we never knew staffies backside smelt so bad, worst offender is sophie no matter how much food or little she pumps away everyday!!:lol: Still love them tho, wouldn't change them for the world!

justine
19-Mar-08, 18:09
justine Mine are exactly the same , we never knew staffies backside smelt so bad, worst offender is sophie no matter how much food or little she pumps away everyday!!:lol: Still love them tho, wouldn't change them for the world!

Oh i would not part with tank but how many nights i can go with the stench, i will be hitting ebay for gas masks if i dont solve this problem

Liz
19-Mar-08, 20:56
Found this which might help
http://www.dogflatulence.com/freereport.shtml

nicnak
24-Mar-08, 23:02
hi justine I give our dog who also is extremely smelly charcoal biscuits, doesnt stop it completely but cuts out about 90o/o
you can get them from pets at home.

ciderally
25-Mar-08, 21:03
that looks a good site liz..thank you
my tomas farts up a storm on an evening...so i shall be testing out some of these as well....

Kevin Milkins
01-Apr-08, 21:52
My boxer has been known to do the odd botty burp which I am pleased about. If I have the odd trouser cough I blame her and most of the time I get away with it :lol:

angela5
01-Apr-08, 22:08
If I have the odd trouser cough I blame her and most of the time I get away with it :lol:

Maybe it's not Justines dog that causing the stench then.[lol] She better take a closer look at what shes feeding her hubby!

justine
02-Apr-08, 00:56
Maybe it's not Justines dog that causing the stench then.[lol] She better take a closer look at what shes feeding her hubby!
No its definately the dog..we have two dogs and they smell similar..I can tell the difference between dogs and hubby...and hubby does the kinder ones, Honestly:eek:

angela5
02-Apr-08, 12:46
No its definately the dog..we have two dogs and they smell similar..I can tell the difference between dogs and hubby...and hubby does the kinder ones, Honestly:eek:

Is there such a thing as a kinder one? I couldn't handle that, i'd have all 3 of them in a Kennel in the garden.[lol]

justine
02-Apr-08, 14:31
Is there such a thing as a kinder one? I couldn't handle that, i'd have all 3 of them in a Kennel in the garden.[lol]

Believe me if you smelt the dog its a lot worse than any human could give off. and i would never put my dogs or hubby in a kennel......:confused