PDA

View Full Version : Newtonhill Woodland Closed to Public

Venture
18-Mar-08, 23:13
Newtonhill Woodland has been closed after raised levels of heavy metals, arsenic and asbestos were found in surface soil and waters. No more dog walkies in there for a while.

TBH
18-Mar-08, 23:15
Newtonhill Woodland has been closed after raised levels of heavy metals, arsenic and asbestos were found in surface soil and waters. No more dog walkies in there for a while.There must have been alsorts buried there at one time or another, just another health hazard that was waiting to happen, even if you could polish a turd it would still be a turd.

herenow
18-Mar-08, 23:17
i saw someone the other day taking water samples from the burn under the milton burn! wondered what they were doing, it does explain things!

Venture
18-Mar-08, 23:27
i saw someone the other day taking water samples from the burn under the milton burn! wondered what they were doing, it does explain things!
I dont think that had anything to do with it. To be honest samples are taken on a regular basis from the Milton Burn by SEPA. The woodland was closed as a result of a consultants report. Full story is on the front page.

TBH
18-Mar-08, 23:30
Given time that place is going to be an archaeologists playground, maybe someone did a Spike Milligan.[lol]