PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me...?

Julia
18-Mar-08, 21:08
or do you hate it too when someone fiddles with your dongle? My son who is now mobile has just made off with mine twice! [disgust]

connieb19
18-Mar-08, 21:11
You shouldna leave your dongle dangling where your son can reach it Julia. :eek:

Dusty
18-Mar-08, 21:16
It's a well known fact that a dangling dongle's dangerous! ;)

connieb19
18-Mar-08, 21:17
It's a well known fact that a dangling dongle's dangerous! ;)Do you let yours dangle then Dusty?
:Razz

Julia
18-Mar-08, 21:18
well normally it would be hanging round the back but this one sticks out at the front, it's pretty much saying 'come and grab me'!

angela5
18-Mar-08, 21:27
I'm pretty sure any dongle left dangling will be grabbed.:D

Dusty
18-Mar-08, 21:30
well normally it would be hanging round the back but this one sticks out at the front, it's pretty much saying 'come and grab me'!

I do hope that you are not presuming to answer connieb19 on my behalf Julia! [lol]

Julia, I used to but my dongle is old technology nowadays and isn't normally used, far less allowed to dangle. I really should think about updating the software I suppose.

TBH
18-Mar-08, 21:34
I do hope that you are not presuming to answer connieb19 on my behalf Julia! [lol]

Julia, I used to but my dongle is old technology nowadays and isn't normally used, far less allowed to dangle. I really should think about updating the software I suppose.I think you may indeed need your dangling dongle upgraded.

Dusty
18-Mar-08, 21:39
Yea TBH, truth be told, there is probably quite a bit I could be doing with new drivers for.

angela5
18-Mar-08, 21:42
Any dongle should be upgraded, you never know when it'll be dangling and you sure want to be proud of it when it is.:D

connieb19
18-Mar-08, 21:44
Yea TBH, truth be told, there is probably quite a bit I could be doing with new drivers for.Have you tried pulling it out, blowing on it and sticking it back in again? :D

TBH
18-Mar-08, 21:44
Yea TBH, truth be told, there is probably quite a bit I could be doing with new drivers for.So you think it maybe a soft-ware problem?

Julia
18-Mar-08, 21:45
Or you could just rub it on your trouser leg to give it a wee clean

connieb19
18-Mar-08, 21:46
Or a wee bit of spit and give it a rub? :confused

karia
18-Mar-08, 21:47
Don't doubt darn dratted dangling dongles deserve detaching..don't dare do Dusty!;)

Julia
18-Mar-08, 21:49
Or a wee bit of spit and give it a rub? :confused

You can't spit on a dongle! :eek:

connieb19
18-Mar-08, 21:50
You can't spit on a dongle! :eek:How about a lick then? :confused

Dusty
18-Mar-08, 21:57
Thanks folks for your concern and suggestions.
At one time or another I have tried most of the solutions you offer but to no avail. I have suffered everything from crashes while rubbing it on my trouser leg to a hard drive failure after taking it out and trying to put it back in.
I have toyed with the idea of purchasing a more modern replacement but I am advised that the original casing would not do justice to it, and the power supply could well be overstreched as well.

ashaw1
19-Mar-08, 00:18
Have you tried pulling it out, blowing on it and sticking it back in again? :D
Now that's a silly question!