PDA

View Full Version : How many jobs have you had?

percy toboggan
18-Mar-08, 19:24
...or perhaps you're a 'career' person...interesting word that.
Anyway...just a bit of insightful fun...no conclusions to draw from this.

How many? Any interesting/out of the ordinary ones ? The shortest and longest time with an employer?...that kind of thing...

27 - ish here. (since 1967)
Traffic Reporter - Cinema Projectionist -Artificial Limb repairer *

* the shortest = 2 hours
* longest = 8 years...driving a 'wagon and drag' on nationwide distribution.

Current job = six years

henry20
18-Mar-08, 19:30
3 since 1995

Shortest 1 1/2 years (part-time waitress while still at school)

Longest 11 1/2 years (current job)

but I also had a part time job while doing current job. Barmaid for almost 9 years!

the second coming
18-Mar-08, 19:31
pre college, 2 jobs

post college

6 jobs, shortest 1yr (twice) and longest 10 yrs, left to be self employed.

Best job is current one (still only a few months into it)

worst job, working in academia (reality check required, I should have listened to my mates!! ).

I've been laid off twice and picked myself up and got a better job each time out of the circumstances.

justine
18-Mar-08, 19:33
worked in the army Royal Engineers in Gutersloh, germany,, supply squadron for the RAF princess royal barracks, germany then 39 heavy regiment stables attached to the blues and royals horse guards....sennelager/Paderborn germany....returned to uk in 97/98

Then i started working in a video shop,then i had twins and ran a youth club voluntarily for 8 mths, then went back after twins were born, took my kids with me....

Boozeburglar
18-Mar-08, 19:46
One of my pals reckons he has had over 30, and he is just over 30!

I took him on to do some work at one point, and I think I know why. He just cannot be told.

I have had around ten, at 40.

:)

Bobbyian
18-Mar-08, 20:08
I have had four, royal signals 12yrs, Garage attendant 1 year, Insurance rep 6 months, Security tech 27 years or there about. may be I can add pensioner to the list if time allows,,

emszxr
18-Mar-08, 21:12
oh ill have to think about this
kitchen hand
kitchen hand in other place
housemaid
petrol station attendant
removals and haulage worker, also doing all paper work for company
van driver for 4 companies
sales person

thats 10

now a mummy.

mums angels
18-Mar-08, 21:20
..big fat Zero

never had a job in my life ...apart from being a mummy :Razz

jayem
18-Mar-08, 22:53
Sorry but you're all 'babes in arms' when it comes to this. Jobs I've had: Junior Clerk, Secretary, Mum to 3 children, Accountant's Assistant, Solicitor's Clerk, Factory Machinist, Wages Clerk, Office Manager, Owner of General Shop, Hairdessing Business, Mum to 2 more children, Hotel owner, Cook, CAB volunteer, Accounts Assistant, Computer Tutor, Visitor Guide and currently Visitor Guide, Shop helper, Web site editor and voluntary support work. Added to this of course, family support, child minding and baby sitting. I've probably forgoten some but then I am quite an oldie!

Fluff
18-Mar-08, 22:57
I have a quite a bad job history, about 5 jobs in 5 years! I found i got bored easily (and was young) never lasted more than a year until now. Now i am in my career, joined Nov 2005 and no plans to leave the company :)

Tugmistress
18-Mar-08, 23:03
longest job - current one, over 5 years now in this line of work (stevedore)
shortest job - 3 months, got taken the mickey out of (auto parts place)

'weirdest' job - not really job but YTS back when lol doing general engineering (am a girlie for those that don't realise!)

herenow
18-Mar-08, 23:11
i aint had many just four then had my kiddies now im a stay at home mummy!! and love it! the best job in the world

karia
18-Mar-08, 23:13
Lion tamer,...ouucch

traffic warden wi one hand!:lol:

Features editor and Uni lecturer..looking after my dying mum....ifanow!

it's just what ye do..not who ye are..at's much more important!;)