PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy cravings?

floyed
18-Mar-08, 15:26
When i was pregnant i had wild cravings for milk shakes and ice cream. I also had a strange one, all throught my pregnancy i loved chewing on flannels/face cloths.:confused

My mum when she was pregnant with me loved carrot's.

So did you have any strange craving's when you where pregnant?

Thumper
18-Mar-08, 15:31
With the first it was twix's....but they had to be melted on the radiator first,second one I had no cravings,well apart from sniffing screenwash :eek: ,just sickness and the third was icecubes(which means an iron deficency) x

Max
18-Mar-08, 15:33
Number 1 Bananas and custard
Number 2 Fire lighters, coal, petrol (didn't submit to any of these though!!)

Sapphire2803
18-Mar-08, 15:41
1. Cheese and beetroot sarnies.
2. Any REALLY sour sweets (I used to suck the fizzy stuff off the cola bottle sweets and then throw the sweetie away).
3. Pickled onion flavoured monster munch.
4. Cashew nuts
Not numbered by child btw. I was the same on all 3 pregnancies

Ash
18-Mar-08, 15:43
salt and vinegar crisps
sandwiches with crisps salad cream and mustard
toast and tomato sauce

Lindsay
18-Mar-08, 15:49
With my first it had to be Marks and Spencers strawberries, with my second I loved really soapy sponges!! Couldnt get me out of the sink! With my third sickness, sickness and more sickness!!!

squidge
18-Mar-08, 15:54
Ice cubes - crunch crunch crunch
Fruit pastilles mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Watermelon

newpark
18-Mar-08, 15:57
With the 1st it was brushing my teeth and sniffing freshly washed clothes. With my second it was frozen Snickers.

justine
18-Mar-08, 16:18
CHEESE. COCA COLA and last but not least Ice lollies...go mad for them and the strange ting is is get the same craving each time.....

BRIE
18-Mar-08, 16:52
with my first it was vegetable soup, with my second it was ice pops, my third it was apples, didnt really have anything with my fourth, & now with this pregnancy its coffee!

johnlc
18-Mar-08, 17:06
with my first it was pickled onions n with my second i was the same i would bite in 2 face cloths that came out of hot water also lemons,would have half in morning otherhalf at lunch then another half from another 1 before a went to bed.:D

mccaugm
18-Mar-08, 17:15
First one was cold coffee and chocolate but could not bear the smell of coffee for the first seven months???

Second child - chocolate and hot chocolate but then and still now could not bear the smell of French Toast being cooked.

Third Child was Worcester Sauce Crisps???

BRIE
18-Mar-08, 17:25
with this pregnancy I cant stand the sight or smell of rice!! saving me a fortune in chinese take aways though:lol:

justine
18-Mar-08, 17:28
with this pregnancy I cant stand the sight or smell of rice!! saving me a fortune in chinese take aways though:lol:

with the twins i could not stand the smell of boiling water, so you can imagine what i was like with food....... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxuk101MXGB)

simpsoney
18-Mar-08, 17:33
With my first it was ice lollies. Just now (baby No 2) it is diet coke and i think the ice lollies are creeping back in too.

mums angels
18-Mar-08, 18:18
1st - pickled onions & lolly pops
2nd - Robins sausage and chips loaded with vinegar
3rd - Ice cubes/ ice pops ( apparently sign of a zinc or iron deficency )

this one - started with pickled onions but now ice cubes or ice lollies :) yum yum.

mums angels
18-Mar-08, 18:20
Ice cubes - crunch crunch crunch
Fruit pastilles mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Watermelon

out of curiosity when you had the fruit pastille craving was the baby a girl ??? i seem to find that sweet cravings are often girls and more savoury cravings are boys ...just an observation from watching family and friends

miranda
18-Mar-08, 20:08
1st .. went off tea
2nd.... cockles!!! ...and back on tea!!
now cant stand either!!!:lol:

YummyMummy
18-Mar-08, 22:09
Blood! No, not kidding - had to make do with tomato juice......:(

Poultney lad
18-Mar-08, 22:23
wife had cravings for cucumber sandwiches with loads of salad cream with first child but no cravings with the other 2 children:roll:

telfordstar
18-Mar-08, 23:03
with my first i craved coronation chicken rolls from macdonalds bakery an milk.

My second was pine flash.

My third was anything lemon scented but i was going daft for lemon flash and lemon origional source shower gel god i could of ate the stuff.

Tugmistress
18-Mar-08, 23:05
baby beetroot and salad cream! sliced beetroot was not good enough lol

Argghhhhhhhhh

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 56 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 34 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 16 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.

herenow
18-Mar-08, 23:08
ice lollies with nu 1

petrol and nail varish with nu 2 oh yeh and the smell that you get when you follow busses, when ever their was a bus on the go i was close behind it lol!!

Moby
18-Mar-08, 23:11
Number 1 Bananas and custard
Number 2 Fire lighters, coal, petrol (didn't submit to any of these though!!)

:lol:LOL! Misread your post completely and thought you wrote fire fighters!

Julia
18-Mar-08, 23:13
1st - sweet 'n' sour chicken, beetroot
2nd - beetroot (eat a giant jar in one sitting and drink the vinegar), cocktail gherkins
3rd - Zoom lollies and sniffing the dog's worming medicine, still makes me drool thinking about it, yum!

Julia
18-Mar-08, 23:16
ice lollies with nu 1

petrol and nail varish with nu 2 oh yeh and the smell that you get when you follow busses, when ever their was a bus on the go i was close behind it lol!!

I'm now picturing a heavily pregnant woman waddling after a bus :lol:

mccaugm
19-Mar-08, 00:27
out of curiosity when you had the fruit pastille craving was the baby a girl ??? i seem to find that sweet cravings are often girls and more savoury cravings are boys ...just an observation from watching family and friends

Well as mine were all boys and my major craving was chocolate doesn't really tally....sorry!

mums angels
19-Mar-08, 00:54
Well as mine were all boys and my major craving was chocolate doesn't really tally....sorry!

Thanks for that :D like i said was just an observation ... like many old wives tales LOL i wasn't really thinking of chocolate, was thinking more along the lines of Boiled sweeties, fruit pastiles, lolly pops etc .. chocolate is a common craving anyway so i'd never really thought about it in a pregnacy craving kind of way is you get my meaning lol
:D

DM07
19-Mar-08, 01:00
Rainbow crystals while pregnant with my last. The heartburn it gave wasnt worth it though

The Angel Of Death
19-Mar-08, 12:06
Lol on a sat night when im slightly pickled i get kebab and chinese cravings but i dont think im alone there !!!

When my maw was pupped we me she had a mad craving for turkish delight she cant eat it anymore but i love the stuff though

anneoctober
19-Mar-08, 14:35
No.1 anything orangey including oranges!
No.2 nothing specific
No.3 Home baked queen cakes with sultanas doused in malt vinegar :eek:
No.4 Chow Mein

Even today, No's 3 LOVES vinegar wi everything!! No.4 succumbs to Charlie Chans after a night on the booze!![lol]

wifie
19-Mar-08, 17:32
Chicken soup or roast chicken dinners for both!

floyed
19-Mar-08, 18:12
ice lollies with nu 1

Haha think that is the strangiest yet, sniffing buses:lol:!!

mama2
19-Mar-08, 19:32
With 1st it was coca cola and chinese sweet & sour chicken, which I hated until I craved it, 2nd was tea, I'm a coffee fiend but couldn't look at it when I was pregnant with my youngest.

Anne x
19-Mar-08, 21:07
Beetroot and always wanting to bite into a bar of soap did not succumb to the latter part

freyalass
19-Mar-08, 22:13
Raspberries with my son, but they were out of season so I had to make do with tinned ones. Apples with my daughter. Funnily enough I don't normally eat any fruit!

Max
22-Mar-08, 11:33
:lol:LOL! Misread your post completely and thought you wrote fire fighters!

Probably tastier than fire lighters!!!! :)

telfordstar
22-Mar-08, 11:35
[quote=The Angel Of Death;361172]Lol on a sat night when im slightly pickled i get kebab and chinese cravings but i dont think im alone there !!!

Oh your definatly not alone with there The Angel Of Death:lol:

rockchick
22-Mar-08, 12:20
Nothing much for the first two, but on the third I craved salsa by the bucketful. The spicier the better.

padfoot
24-Mar-08, 23:15
for my first i had bad cravings for chewing on sponges and also spare ribs and fried rice and curry sauce with my second didnt really hav any cravings

balto
01-May-08, 11:52
Back on the is pregnancy thing, i never had cravings with any of my other 3 but this one is making me want the dafftest things, the other night it was king rib and strawberry jelly, i reckon at this rate i will be chewing in coal soon lol, so what cravings have any other orgers or their partners have.

honey
01-May-08, 11:56
the smell of disenfectant!!! i couldnt get enough of it!!! :lol:

joxville
01-May-08, 12:03
I wonder if it's a psychological thing, my sister-in-law never had cravings during both her pregnancies, however my brother did-for cucumber's and raspberry jam!

BRIE
01-May-08, 12:15
my craving at the moment is cheese with anything! i cant get enough of it.

kriklah
01-May-08, 12:45
first time round was plum tomatoes with fried bread
second was prawn cocktail crisps
third was original pringles with pineapple, also went off chocolate, wanted jellybabies instead
forth was cheese and tomato sandwiches with black pepper
fith was cheese and cucumber sandwiches with salt

the pringles thing was quite drastic, it HAD to be original pringles, nothing else would do, and i trawled around town one day and nowhere had them!!! the following week the coop had them on 3 for 2 offer...... and the cravings had passed!!!

mums angels
01-May-08, 13:10
i'll be happy when this one arrives so i dont have to crunch on ice anymore ...