PDA

View Full Version : Addictions

justine
18-Mar-08, 11:08
ok so we all know about addictions, but what about the harmless ones we have.....we hear of people being addicted to gambling, drink, drugs, but what about the not so harmfull addictions, the ones you enjoy,,,,

Me i am addicted to coca-cola, drink it by the can,i also love smarties, 2 tubes go down a treat....

so what non harmful addiction do you have....

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 11:09
Coke could be a harmful addiction....diabetes! In fact I'd say it's more harmful than gambling...! :D

I'm addicted to shopping!

ciderally
18-Mar-08, 11:14
coffee..cadburys cream eggs...cigs...

justine
18-Mar-08, 11:16
Coke could be a harmful addiction....diabetes! In fact I'd say it's more harmful than gambling...! :D

Maybe so, but its alot cheaper...Its the caffeine thats the addiction, but the taste is so sweet when it is fresh from the fridge......

If you are addicted to shopping my friend, you are the first male that i know who loves it...This may be hard to take in but i hate shopping, being a woman i am supposed to love going around the shops but i have to get in and out as quick as i can.....drives me mad when a shop is full of people and you cant move.......I prefer to go to tescos for our shopping late at night when theres less people....Infact online shopping suits me.....

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 11:18
Maybe so, but its alot cheaper...Its the caffeine thats the addiction, but the taste is so sweet when it is fresh from the fridge......

If you are addicted to shopping my friend, you are the first male that i know who loves it...This may be hard to take in but i hate shopping, being a woman i am supposed to love going around the shops but i have to get in and out as quick as i can.....drives me mad when a shop is full of people and you cant move.......I prefer to go to tescos for our shopping late at night when theres less people....Infact online shopping suits me.....

Hehe! The cheapskate's addiction! I just remembered....since diet coke is so yucky, you probably drink the real stuff....which may lead to obesity!

You hate shopping?!?!?! How could you? :~(

justine
18-Mar-08, 11:27
Hehe! The cheapskate's addiction! I just remembered....since diet coke is so yucky, you probably drink the real stuff....which may lead to obesity!

You hate shopping?!?!?! How could you? :~(

Oh beleive me obesity is the last thing i am going to have to worry about... Even after my kids i am sitting proud in a size 10 so i dont think wieght comes into it.......

YES i HATE shopping......how can i simple, to many people about, dont like crowds and can never find anything i like....Food shopping and special occasions is the best i can do......

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 11:30
Oh beleive me obesity is the last thing i am going to have to worry about... Even after my kids i am sitting proud in a size 10 so i dont think wieght comes into it.......

YES i HATE shopping......how can i simple, to many people about, dont like crowds and can never find anything i like....Food shopping and special occasions is the best i can do......

:~( I didn't mean be caefull about obesity as in insult.

I feel SO sorry for you that you hate shopping!

newpark
18-Mar-08, 11:33
I know the feeling Justine I am addicted to Diet Coke. Thank god I recycle so all my cans are not going in the bin.

Venture
18-Mar-08, 11:33

You forgot about your addition to the org Rob.:lol:

justine
18-Mar-08, 11:34

I feel SO sorry for you that you hate shopping!

was not taken as an insult mate,, i have no worries about myself physically, as my oh would agree........:lol:

Dont feel sorry that i dont like shopping, i feel sorry for you that you feel the need to go spend what money you have on idealistic items....but then we all need an addiction, just there are plenty that dont invovle spending....

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 11:35
You forgot about your addition to the org Rob.:lol:

:( I don't want to admit it........but I DO!

Newpark, diet coke is minging! Ewww!

angela5
18-Mar-08, 11:36
:D

Internet shopping?:confused

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 11:37
Dont feel sorry that i dont like shopping, i feel sorry for you that you feel the need to go spend what money you have on idealistic items....but then we all need an addiction, just there are plenty that dont invovle spending....

Don't worry...by shopping I don't just mean clothes etc. I LOVE grocery shopping and trying to find bargains...so you shouldn't feel sorry for me.:)

justine
18-Mar-08, 11:37
I know the feeling Justine I am addicted to Diet Coke. Thank god I recycle so all my cans are not going in the bin.

Hope you go to tescos, they got it at £7.49 for 24 cans....Works out cheaper than buying the boxes of 10......Only i cant drink diet stuff....taste minging....but then i like sugary drinks,,,,

I am also getting the taste for Bridies, i discovered them a few weeks back and they are scrummy, jummy....now thats what i call good pastry.....

newpark
18-Mar-08, 11:38
Rob,
It would be Real Coke but I am not as fotunate as Justine and I am not a 10 lol.

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 11:39
Internet shopping?:confused

Internet shopping, shop shopping.....'tis much of a suchness! :P

justine
18-Mar-08, 11:41
Rob,
It would be Real Coke but I am not as fotunate as Justine and I am not a 10 lol.
believe me hun never always been a 10..:(.started off at 16 stone when i was 14 took me years to get it off.....I used to look at a cream cake put on 10 lbs, now i just regulate what i eat and when i eat....helped me....

newpark
18-Mar-08, 11:43
Well done Justine thats great I too am on the long road of weight loss.

angela5
18-Mar-08, 11:46
Internet shopping, shop shopping.

Oh how i'd love to have that addiction, purse strings won't allow it though. Your a lucky chap.:D

TBH
18-Mar-08, 11:49

I feel SO sorry for you that you hate shopping!So sorry?[lol] Everytime you go shopping they are screwing with your head Rob. You go in for a loaf and come out with £40 worth of shopping.

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 11:50
Oh how i'd love to have that addiction, purse strings won't allow it though. Your a lucky chap.:D

It's not all about how MUCH I spend, it's about how I spend it...kinda sad for a 16 year old lad really!

Julia
18-Mar-08, 13:23
I'm addicted to ebay as well as any other kind of retail therapy!

I'd say there are a lot of folkies who are addicted to the org![lol]

Venture
18-Mar-08, 13:34

Aye you're right there Julia but its getting them to admit it[lol]

My addictions are turkish delight in any shape or form, fizzy water and definitely retail therapy, buckets of it.

justine
18-Mar-08, 13:58

with you on that, EBAY is fantastic....great bargains if i say so myself.....

I am addicted to the org in moderation...NOW......:lol:

Thumper
18-Mar-08, 14:35
I am addicted to buying shoes :eek: I just cant help myself.....I try hard not to buy them but I always find an excuse to buy more....since my hubby left I have taken up his side of the wardrobe with shoes....its a much better deal too BTW ;) x

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 14:46
I am addicted to buying shoes :eek: I just cant help myself.....I try hard not to buy them but I always find an excuse to buy more....since my hubby left I have taken up his side of the wardrobe with shoes....its a much better deal too BTW ;) x

Was going to suggest you open a shoe shop...

Until I realised you'd do nothing but sit and kiss all the shoes all day. Hehe!

So how many pairs do you have thumper..post some pics of all your shoes! :P

Thumper
18-Mar-08, 14:49
Hey Rob,at the moment I have about 86 pairs...I think!:o I stopped counting at 80 and then I had a clear out and got rid of some BUT then I bought more...daft thing is I wear the same ones over and over again so most of them have had one wear if they are lucky!Infact I wore a pair on sat nite that I bought a year ago and that was the first time I had them on :roll: x

Sapphire2803
18-Mar-08, 14:54
I would have to admit to shoes being an addiction, luckily I don't have enough money to buy as many pairs as I would like, our house is only small, we'd be overrun. I tend to eBay for shoes these days, I have some pretty outrageous ones. Come on Thumper, post us a pic of your most outrageous shoes. If you're anything like me, you probably have some that (if you're honest) you'll never wear in public.
Apart from that, The tesco version of redbull, diet with cranberry. Salt and vinegar pringles, the rice ones.
Make up and beauty products, I have boxes of the stuff, in a lot of cases, unopened.

TBH
18-Mar-08, 14:55
Hey Rob,at the moment I have about 86 pairs...I think! I stopped counting at 80 and then I had a clear out and got rid of some BUT then I bought more...daft thing is I wear the same ones over and over again so most of them have had one wear if they are lucky!Infact I wore a pair on sat nite that I bought a year ago and that was the first time I had them on :roll: x86 pairs of shoes and 2 feet? Imelda Marcos will be proud of you.[lol]

Thumper
18-Mar-08, 14:58
Hmn well guys I am afraid to say I havent a clue how to post pics!!But I will ask my son when he gets home....I honestly dont have any outrageous pairs but I do have a few expensive ones :eek: but they are not in the Jimmy Choo bracket[lol] Funnily enough TBH I was thinking last night if I had to change my user name I would have to use Imelda!!! x

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 14:59
Hey Rob,at the moment I have about 86 pairs...I think!:o I stopped counting at 80 and then I had a clear out and got rid of some BUT then I bought more...daft thing is I wear the same ones over and over again so most of them have had one wear if they are lucky!Infact I wore a pair on sat nite that I bought a year ago and that was the first time I had them on :roll: x

!!!! Jee whizz! You ought to sell some of them, you must have a small forune...ok LARGE fortune worth of shoes!!!

Seriously....get 'em put on ebay!

xxx

Thumper
18-Mar-08, 15:00
!!!! Jee whizz! You ought to sell some of them, you must have a small forune...ok LARGE fortune worth of shoes!!!

Seriously....get 'em put on ebay!

xxx

Rob I could never part with them.....I might need them for a hot date or something ;) x

TBH
18-Mar-08, 15:01
Hmn well guys I am afraid to say I havent a clue how to post pics!!But I will ask my son when he gets home....I honestly dont have any outrageous pairs but I do have a few expensive ones but they are not in the Jimmy Choo bracket[lol] Funnily enough TBH I was thinking last night if I had to change my user name I would have to use Imelda!!! xYou could work your way up to 365 pairs for every day of the year.:lol:

Thumper
18-Mar-08, 15:03
You could work your way up to 365 pairs for every day of the year.:lol:

If I knew anyone who could build me a nice set of shelves for them TBH I probably would...lack of space is stopping me buying more ;) x

Sapphire2803
18-Mar-08, 15:03
Hmmm.... 86 pairs?

What size are they? If they're a 7 then where do you live and do you have a burglar alarm? ;)

Thumper
18-Mar-08, 15:08
Hmmm.... 86 pairs?

What size are they? If they're a 7 then where do you live and do you have a burglar alarm?

Ahh sapphire they are 6's and 7's and I have a big doggy guarding them ;)[lol]x

Sapphire2803
18-Mar-08, 15:13
Ahh sapphire they are 6's and 7's and I have a big doggy guarding them ;)[lol]x

Aarghh!! Foiled again!!

karia
18-Mar-08, 15:14
[quote=rob16d;360526Seriously....get 'em put on ebay![/quote]

Oh rob...what a terrible idea! We are talking shoes here, it's not easy for us women to be rational about footwear.:eek:

Thumps...you'd have made a gorgeous centipede hun!;)

Thumper
18-Mar-08, 15:18
Nah Karia....could you imagine my bum wiggling with a hundred feet :eek: [lol] x

karia
18-Mar-08, 15:21
Nah Karia....could you imagine my bum wiggling with a hundred feet [lol] x

How do you think the conga got invented?!;)

floyed
18-Mar-08, 15:21
Bueno chocolate bars and hippo's mmm can't have them in the house.

Thumper
18-Mar-08, 15:25
Aarghh!! Foiled again!!

I dont mind sharing tho [lol]x

mama2
18-Mar-08, 16:01
I'm with you Thumper I'm also addicted to shoes & handbags I just love them last count was 69 pairs of shoes oh no it's 70 just got a pair of bargain boots and think in the region of 80 bags and I just will not part with any. Love them love them love them xx

Flair
18-Mar-08, 16:19
I'm addicted to being nice to people of course. ;)

trix
18-Mar-08, 22:50
mines hes til be books.

books books books books......hundreds o' books....

when im a proper grown up, id lek til hev a beeg, beeg bookcase, that goes fie 'e floor til 'e roof, takin o'er 'e whole wall.....

choost fill o' books.

books books books......

karia
19-Mar-08, 00:50
mines hes til be books.

books books books books......hundreds o' books....

when im a proper grown up, id lek til hev a beeg, beeg bookcase, that goes fie 'e floor til 'e roof, takin o'er 'e whole wall.....

choost fill o' books.

books books books......

Hi babe,

First it's a wall..an braw it looks

Then it's a room, twa rooms, all yer rooms...the hallway and...the loo!

books books books...

Trust me.. Bookmark my words!;)

DM07
19-Mar-08, 01:02
Def the World wide web. If I dont get my time in cyber space I am grumpy! :)

kellogs
19-Mar-08, 09:30
i am addicted to biting my nails and my computer

justine
19-Mar-08, 12:14
i am addicted to biting my nails and my computer
I am a nail biter to.....:(would love to stop but cant.....What is it like biting the computer;)

kellogs
19-Mar-08, 16:00
I am a nail biter to.....:(would love to stop but cant.....What is it like biting the computer;)
it's quite good actually you get all the knowledge off of the internet in your brains yummy!!!

Sapphire2803
19-Mar-08, 16:04
it's quite good actually you get all the knowledge off of the internet in your brains yummy!!!
If you can absorb information through your stomach, then it'll be dictionary for dinner, and encyclopaedia for breakfast. ;)

twiglet
19-Mar-08, 16:04
Solitaire, can sit for hours playing solitaire on the comp

justine
19-Mar-08, 16:11
If you can absorb information through your stomach, then it'll be dictionary for dinner, and encyclopaedia for breakfast. ;)

and what about the inbetween snacks, we can take google for that....:confused

Sapphire2803
19-Mar-08, 16:16
and what about the inbetween snacks, we can take google for that....:confused

Snacks would have to be pamphlets, bite sized sources of info ;)

justine
19-Mar-08, 16:22
well i want the chinese menus...:lol:

trix
19-Mar-08, 19:35
Hi babe,

First it's a wall..an braw it looks

Then it's a room, twa rooms, all yer rooms...the hallway and...the loo!

books books books...

Trust me.. Bookmark my words!;)

hey Ak

iv got books crawlin up ma walls,

books hadin up ma beid,

books in 'e toilet

books in 'e lobby

twa bookcases full o' books

an a pile o' books sittin in front o' me ifanow.....

consider yer words.....weel an truely 'bookmarked' [lol]

moureen
19-Mar-08, 21:53
CHOCOLATE,CHOCOLATE,CHOCOLATE,oh and shoes!!!!

calish6
19-Mar-08, 22:21
Sleeping........zzzzzzzz

George Brims
20-Mar-08, 01:45
My name is George and I am a recovering Mars Bar addict.

I used to eat one or two a workday from the vending machine downstairs. This was when I worked in U of Edinburgh. Mind you I had a commute of 5 hilly miles each way on a bike, so I burned off the calories no trouble.

Oddquine
20-Mar-08, 02:05
I'm addicted to McCoys Ridge Cut Flame Grilled Steak Crisps.

I used to be addicted to Ribena Ice Lollies, but I can't find them any more!

justine
20-Mar-08, 10:29
I'm addicted to McCoys Ridge Cut Flame Grilled Steak Crisps.

I used to be addicted to Ribena Ice Lollies, but I can't find them any more!

Tescos do the Ribena ice lollies........right next to the freezer with the traffic light lollies in it...

Penelope Pitstop
20-Mar-08, 13:55
.................custard creams.................. lol

Karen
20-Mar-08, 22:54
chocolate, must be Cadburys though!