PDA

View Full Version : Easter Holiday

newpark
18-Mar-08, 10:35
Does anyone have any ideas what to do over the holidays with kids. What are you all doing?

skinnydog
18-Mar-08, 11:17
Well I will be attempting to decorate eggs so that will no doubt be a messy affair. Still to get the glue, the feathers, the glitter etc. Arts and crafts were never my strong point so the poor child is up against it from the beginning.

Will definitely be baking at some point and that is an even messier affair!! A visit to the swimming pool is a weekly thing anyway, a trip out to Dunnet Woods and if the weather is good, which the forecast says it wont be, then a trip to the swings.

emszxr
18-Mar-08, 11:20
well egg painting and rolling on sun. get oldest to do some baking too. soft play place in alness. horse riding. and hoping to get a lamb soon so that keep them busy feeding it. also the other 50 plus pets they help feed , clean, and walk.

justine
18-Mar-08, 12:09
we are gonna send them all to easter camp and spend it in the pub....LOL. not really.But i have been looking at the forecast for the easter period and we have RAIN, SLEET, Winds to look forward to, so travel plans are out the window...

there are many holiday clubs that i could send them to but then i am not sure, they are on holiday, why send them away.....We will do what the morning brings,,

Lindsay
18-Mar-08, 15:59
For all those of you that are decorating hard boiled eggs, dont let them go to waste as the portlands in lybster are having a competition on easter sunday at their easter fayre, should be good!

emszxr
18-Mar-08, 17:07
For all those of you that are decorating hard boiled eggs, dont let them go to waste as the portlands in lybster are having a competition on easter sunday at their easter fayre, should be good!

ours dont go to waste, after rolling them the dogs eat them. lol

Whitewater
18-Mar-08, 17:34
Does anyone have any ideas what to do over the holidays with kids. What are you all doing?

Best thing to do with the kids is send them to some loving relatives for the weekend, they will have a good time and so will you.

We used to have a special day on easter sunday when the kids were young, start off by rolling eggs, then going out for lunch somewhere. Now we sometimes have the grandchildren if their parents wan't away on their own, when that happens we just have as much fun as we can. It helps to keep us young at heart.

Alice in Blunderland
18-Mar-08, 21:07
My kids will be out in the garden picking up all the stones so that we can sow some grass in our new garden yiiipppeee :D