PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 00:41
Does anyone know how to induce lucid dreaming? I've heard about brainwave generator programs.....

Also what is the last dream you had?

trix
18-Mar-08, 00:59
Does anyone know how to induce lucid dreaming? I've heard about brainwave generator programs.....

Also what is the last dream you had?

hi rob, i telt ye how til do'ed in 'e regression thread....keep up min....:roll:

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 01:00
Sorry Trix....I needed it more in depth! :D

karia
18-Mar-08, 01:01
My dreams are too lucid and far too detailed..I hanker after the bland and restful rob.

It's that awld saying..'careful what you wish for!'

Peaceful sleeping to all orgers tonight.

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 01:03
I love having dreams! Let's me escape!

Peaceful sleeping to all orgers....who want it! :D

Venture
Can't remember what the last dream I had was about. But I know what Ill be dreaming about tonight........you're avatar.[lol] He's been jumping out at me on every thread.

karia
Put e lad down trix..ye are way too wanton an' sophisticated tae be messing wi him...specially on a Monday!;):lol:

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 01:06
Can't remember what the last dream I had was about. But I know what Ill be dreaming about tonight........you're avatar.[lol] He's been jumping out at me on every thread.

That's why I picked him! To give y'all nightmares!!! :lol:

karia
18-Mar-08, 01:08

it's a bit like Zippy..wi bad Jaundice!:lol:

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 01:09
it's a bit like Zippy..wi bad Jaundice!:lol:

Who's zippy?? It's me with jaundice...and bald!

karia
18-Mar-08, 01:12
Who's zippy?? It's me with jaundice...and bald!

Commiserations..and lay off the booze!

Yella fella!;)

Anne x
18-Mar-08, 01:13

dont know about nightmares but it is very bright "and in your face " maybe migraine reaching for the sunglasses[lol]

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 01:14
Commiserations..and lay off the booze!

Yella fella!;)

None of that made sence.... >< .... where does booze come into it?

And who's zippy! :)

karia
18-Mar-08, 01:14
Rob...if I promise we will still be here tomorrow and that we will still love you to bits....

..will ye go to bed?:)

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 01:16
dont know about nightmares but it is very bright "and in your face " maybe migraine reaching for the sunglasses[lol]

Well I'm a bright loon! Am not really in your face though! Anyway....I think we should all get our sunglasses on!

trix
And who's zippy!

he's kiddin rite.....!!!!!! :eek::eek:

weeboyagee
OK wouldn't normally post on this kind of thread but my dreams can be anything from total madness to night terrors - see another thread I added to. The odd now and then I dream so vividly I am exhausted when I get up and need to go back to sleep! Unless of course I have been on the razz - then if I dream I don't remember it - and then when I remember it I find out it wasn't a DREAM!!!!! :D

WBG :cool:

karia
18-Mar-08, 01:17
Night rob..sleep well!;)

Kariaxx

Anne x
18-Mar-08, 01:17
None of that made sence.... >< .... where does booze come into it?

And who's zippy! :)
Zippy George and Bungle and of course Jeffrey

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 01:18
Rob...if I promise we will still be here tomorrow and that we will still love you to bits....

..will ye go to bed?:)

Please tell me what you mean now Karia my darling? :confused

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 01:20
But WHO is Zippy?!?!?! Thanks WBG for the post!

karia
18-Mar-08, 01:20
he's kiddin rite.....!!!!!!

Who can say..mr Jeffrey?:D

We may be 'beyond Bungle' trix..awld age an that!;)

Anne x
18-Mar-08, 01:21
Well I'm a bright loon! Am not really in your face though! Anyway....I think we should all get our sunglasses on!

I okay but think I will just continue to use mine for now sun glasses that is [lol] just maybe tomorrow morning I will be posting on horrific dreams

trix
18-Mar-08, 01:21
The odd now and then I dream so vividly I am exhausted when I get up and need to go back to sleep!
WBG

maybe ye wis astro travellin?? :Razz

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 01:22
Right then guys, I love you all to bits! Goodnight, and don't have nightmares!

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 01:27
OK, nobody loves me back............?

karia
18-Mar-08, 01:30
Rob,

In e awld days.there wis a popular TV programme wi Bungle ( a bear) George ( an incompetent halfwit) and Zippy who hed an answer for everything and looked like yer avata.....but he was green!

If he hed drunk too much he would have been yellow due to his failing liver and the resulting jaundice..as it was he proffered no such excuse.;)

Kariaxx

If anyone can come up with a kinder description for George..please do so!

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 01:31
Thanks for the info on zippy karia! NIGHT! XXXXXXXxxxxxxx

Metalattakk
18-Mar-08, 01:32
OK, nobody loves me back............?

I do. Your back's a treat. ;)

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 01:33
I do. Your back's a treat. ;)

[lol]Awwww thanks, you gave me a right little chuckle before I go to sleep! xx

Metalattakk
18-Mar-08, 01:36
ROFL....[lol]

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 08:34
Hmmmm....coincidnetially I had no dreams last night! :(

quiteone
18-Mar-08, 09:36
last dream was my neighbour running over his girlfriend in their car then proceeding to crash his car into the houses around, as he made his way down the street the car and him were engulfed in flames as it got nearer my home i couldnt get out the house. very vivid very very scarey!!! most of my dreams jus now r like that pure nitemares. some which wake me up and when i drift off again i go straight back to the nitemare. my dreams r tiring me out jus now, emotionally.:eek::eek:

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 09:50
last dream was my neighbour running over his girlfriend in their car then proceeding to crash his car into the houses around, as he made his way down the street the car and him were engulfed in flames as it got nearer my home i couldnt get out the house. very vivid very very scarey!!! most of my dreams jus now r like that pure nitemares. some which wake me up and when i drift off again i go straight back to the nitemare. my dreams r tiring me out jus now, emotionally.:eek::eek:

Quiteone......that actually sounds pretty scary! I even like having nightmares...maybe it's because I am one!

crashbandicoot1979
18-Mar-08, 10:13
Zippy was the love child of a smash alien and a brown cloot. He always looked as if he would smell foosty....

mccaugm
18-Mar-08, 10:26
I dreamt it was the hundreds of years ago and I was a boy who was in love with the chiefs daughter. (wierd IMHO). We lived inside a large circle of wooden fencing with small wooden houses. The girl was very hard working, collecting firewood and whatever else they did in those days.
:roll:
That was as far as I got....because my youngest woke up and fell over trying to put the light on in his bedroom. DOH!. This was the most vivid, strange dream almost like watching a film.

If anyone can interpret it...I would be very grateful.:confused

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 10:27
I dreamt it was the hundreds of years ago and I was a boy who was in love with the chiefs daughter. (wierd IMHO). We lived inside a large circle of wooden fencing with small wooden houses. The girl was very hard working, collecting firewood and whatever else they did in those days.
:roll:
That was as far as I got....because my youngest woke up and fell over trying to put the light on in his bedroom. DOH!. This was the most vivid, strange dream almost like watching a film.

If anyone can interpret it...I would be very grateful.:confused

Maybe you should try regression...if it's to do with a past life?

justine
18-Mar-08, 11:04
Why dont i dream.:(......Do i go into such a good sleep that my brain shuts down or do i just not dream....Cant remember when i last had a dream....but then i am on the go all day and have a real busy time so maybe my brains misses out the REM bit and i just go into a sleep induced coma.....:eek:

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 11:06
Well maybe you're lucky in some respects...althought deeper sleep isn't always as refreshing according to some studies!

justine
18-Mar-08, 11:11
Well maybe you're lucky in some respects...althought deeper sleep isn't always as refreshing according to some studies!

Tell me about it......I am woken during the night and early every morning, i never truely feel refreshed.....I could sleep for days, but that would only be in a dream.....

ciderally
18-Mar-08, 11:12
morning all...hope you all had a good nights sleep...as for dreams..im still getting haunted by a wolfhound call clyde in my dreams...started weeks ago ...aw dont get me started on this again...........

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 11:13
Tell me about it......I am woken during the night and early every morning, i never truely feel refreshed.....I could sleep for days, but that would only be in a dream.....

At least being an early riser is an advantage if you need to go to work or the likes! You don't want to be zombified at stupid-o-clock oin the afternoon!

Liked your ending comment, gave me a giggle!

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 11:15
morning all...hope you all had a good nights sleep...as for dreams..im still getting haunted by a wolfhound call clyde in my dreams...started weeks ago ...aw dont get me started on this again...........

A wolfhound eh? Carefull....don't want it to scare you senseless! Maybe you're under stress at the mo?

ciderally
18-Mar-08, 11:33
no he is a friendly beast...just wondering whare i got his name from...wierd..

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 11:42
no he is a friendly beast...just wondering whare i got his name from...wierd..

Is he by any chance Glaswegian? That would explain a lot!

ciderally
18-Mar-08, 13:07
Is he by any chance Glaswegian? That would explain a lot!
no ..he is a big irish wolfhound...:lol:

Fantoosh
18-Mar-08, 19:43
"If anyone can come up with a kinder description for George..please do so!"........A gay pink hippo, maybe [lol]

I thought zippy was yellow?

karia
18-Mar-08, 19:49
Actually Fantoosh it would appear he is a sort of Cinnamon colour.

To my eternal shame I looked up his website.[lol][lol]

JamesMcVean
18-Mar-08, 21:53
Lucid Dreams are hard to create...I read that during your normal waking state, you should regularly hold up your hand and say to yourself " This is my hand..."
This may sound daft, but there is a good reason for it!!

You see, if you do this simple thing every ten mins or so EVERY DAY then you sorta program your subconscious mind into trying to do the same whilst you dream...the only problem is...You cannot see yourself during a dream...so suddenly you realise that you CANNOT SEE your hand...and it dawns on you that you are in the middle of a dream - Voila - Lucid state...Then the fun begins...LOL

You can do whatever you fancy...

I strongly recommend a Book - Robert A Monroe - Journies out of the Body -
This guy could achieve astral projection and lucid dreaming at will and set up an institute to study this,,,really interesting stuff...

Think the site is -

www.monroe-inst.com (http://www.monroe-inst.com)

There is also a device called a biofeedback machine...relaxation aid, that sends lights flickering into glasses...induces a dreamstate whilst awake...can also lead to OOBE

Cheers

James

TBH
18-Mar-08, 21:57
"If anyone can come up with a kinder description for George..please do so!"........A gay pink hippo, maybe [lol]

I thought zippy was yellow?george always reminded me of Godfrey from Dad's Army.

karia
18-Mar-08, 21:59
george always reminded me of Godfrey from Dad's Army.

Thank god..I am not alone!;)

It's the creeping and grovelling that does it..I think!:D

TBH
18-Mar-08, 22:07
Thank god..I am not alone!;)

It's the creeping and grovelling that does it..I think!I knew George was modelled on someone but couldn't prove it.[lol]

trix
18-Mar-08, 22:15
I strongly recommend a Book - Robert A Monroe - Journies out of the Body

hi james, aye, iv come across 'iss book afore, found it kwite facinatin....

JamesMcVean
18-Mar-08, 22:35
Trix

Have you ventured far on the astral planes?

Have you felt the etherial Sunshine and seen the forest around the Library?

Have you felt/heard the voice?

trix
18-Mar-08, 22:45
no much james,

read all aboot it tho ;)

e'd is somethin id lek til investigate further tho.....

karia
18-Mar-08, 23:54
Trix

Have you ventured far on the astral planes?

Have you felt the etherial Sunshine and seen the forest around the Library?

Have you felt/heard the voice?

Trix is aye feeling the 'ethereal sunshine' of her friends who love her..we are hacking doon the trees roond the library ifanow.

Community service!;):lol:

JamesMcVean
19-Mar-08, 00:41
LOL Karia:)

I think the Guardian at the Threshold might have something to say bout that though...

Ricco
19-Mar-08, 22:00
Rob16d - cheese... works every time for me.