PDA

View Full Version : Celtic 2 - Rangers 0

Chardonnay
10-Nov-05, 13:35
What you think of the game last night then????

Rangers played crap - sack the manager NOW!!!!

kwbrown111
10-Nov-05, 13:46
Why sack the manager, its the players that are not doing it

kwbrown111
10-Nov-05, 13:48
Why sack the manager, it's the players that are not doing it

pedromcgrory
10-Nov-05, 14:56
in the end its up to team right enough but personally i think rangers are playing to much high balls. celtic last night were keeping passes low wich was working as you seen rangers need to get back to there old style of playing which was low balls ,and take more shots like maloney took ,they seem to be to scrappy these days,and not enough skill but i think they will do there usual and come back when esteem is low hopefully

Chardonnay
10-Nov-05, 15:34
Why sack the manager, it's the players that are not doing it

Well he coaches them, positions them, buys them, etc, etc, etc.........

Rangers just played absolute pants.............they couldn't hold the ball and more or less passed it Celtic players!!! They are like that in every game, so frustrating.

scorrie
10-Nov-05, 15:56
What you think of the game last night then????

Rangers played crap - sack the manager NOW!!!!

Rangers are suffering from having squeaked the League Title with a mediocre team. When I stated that at the time, Rangers fans would not accept it, accusing me of sour grapes rather than simply stating the facts. The old "Simply The Best" nonsense was trotted out and when the fans are happy why should the Management spend money and carry out the drastic overhaul that was needed, when they can kid on that they might be going somewhere?

Celtic threw away the League last year but are probably benefitting from that now. Despite playing terribly early on and still looking a long way from the finished article, they have at least adapted their style of play and are trying to play a bit of football now. If they defeat Rangers in the next Old Firm game then Big Eck will be gone and Rangers will be forced to accept that they, also, need to make changes.

Get the song changed to "Simply The Best, Of A Poor Bunch" and perhaps fans will start living in the real world instead of a Blue-Tinted Utopia where the only thing that matters is being better than the other "mob"

The Pepsi Challenge
10-Nov-05, 16:05
And over to you scotsboy...

The only way is down for that good bubbleship called Dignity.

"I think the institution that is Rangers has been unsurpassed in 132 years in terms of dignity. We would never bring into question the integrity of the officials" - Alex McLeish : May 05

"I thought the referee gave Inter everything - absolutely everything. The penalty was an unfair decision. Ronald got a touch on the ball before colliding with the guy's legs. You could see it from the dugout" - Alex McLeish : Sep 05

George Brims
10-Nov-05, 18:09
Look people - get a clue - don't put sports results in the title of a thread. That is bad Nettiquette, and is called a spoiler.

Put something like "Rangers-Celtic game last night (spoiler alert)" so those who have taped an event they haven't had time to watch can stay away from it, and not lose the suspense when they get a chance to watch it.

Rant over

Lesta da molesta
10-Nov-05, 18:13
^^^^^^^^^^^
get a life

Dons_Lad
11-Nov-05, 08:57
McLeish, Come Home, Mission Complete.

He's still a Dandy Don at heart!

wicker
11-Nov-05, 09:24
get a grip dons_lad we dont want or need him at afc

Dons_Lad
11-Nov-05, 14:02
No we don't want him back, but the Red Ultra's banner at Ibrox said that message, then it got confiscated by the polis!

Whitewater
11-Nov-05, 16:14
Both Rangers and Celtic are crap anyway, there are better teams in Scotland that bring on good young players only to be bought by Rangers or Celtic so that they can sit on the bench while the highly paid, over the hill foreign imports pose on the field, they are both guilty of failing to bring on young talented Scottish players. I think sometimes they buy them just so as they don't have to play against them and reduce the oppositions strength.

tenabowla
12-Nov-05, 00:07
The time comes for all who believe, keep the faith when others fail. Do not surrender your true feelings.

RFC

caithnesslad
12-Nov-05, 23:49
Everybody says that dado prso is a good striker but i think he is slow cannot dribble or skin anyone and is ball greedy any comments?

scotsboy
14-Nov-05, 07:57
Well I watched the game live in a bar in Bahrain, thankfully with no commentary; the rhythm of the dance music did little to enhance the game – which was dire. I thought the teams were actually pretty even until that great strike by Maloney – I did think Klos was slow at getting across his goal, perhaps Rangers Managements fault for delaying his return to the first team for so long, but definitely the Rangers midfields fault for giving him so much time. At the end of the day the game was deservedly won by Keltic as they were the only team who really looked like scoring – Rangers lack any kind of penetration, guile or ingenuity that is capable of breaking ANY team down at the moment.
Not sure what to make of Scorrie’s statements about our problem being that we won the league with a mediocre team; you can only play what you are up against. We were the best team in a league of mediocre and poor teams maybe – but that league had an exciting finish with nothing being decided at the top or bottom till the very end of the season.
Pepsi, I think we are down, not too sure of we will go too much further but the only way for me is up (did Yazz ever have another hit?), by the way for supposed Dundee Utd fans Deacon Blue members used to be seen at Ibrox far too regularly. As regards the comments on Dignity – I agree with McLeish, I think there is a difference in moaning about decisions that do not go your way in any particular game – but to question the ability/integrity of a referees decision in a game in which your team are not even involved is crass. But there is nothing new there in the paranoia filled world that is Keltic Football Club. By the way I have not seen any press reports of the match – but I think Soto Kyrgiakos was correct to be sent off, however his first booking was not deserved. Being a professional he should have known better than to foolishly clap the referees later decision. Strangely when speaking to my dad (an Aberdeen fan) he was ranting and raving about how biased the referee was towards Keltic!! Me, I think these things even themselves out over a season.
Don’s Lad, how original an idea a banner that is – a direct mimick of the one that Rangers fans had at the Tattiedome during the halcyon days of the dream team of Barnes and Daglish. My sources also tell me that this banner has not actually been completed yet (and my sources are probably MUCH closer to the Red Ultras than you), and the banner that was removed was for “safety” reasons.
Whitewater – pray tell where are these good young players?
Caithnesslad – I disagree.
I hear that Alex McLeish will be replaced VERY soon.

The Pepsi Challenge
14-Nov-05, 10:24
scotsboy, it's always good to hear from you.

A SHIP CALLED DIGNITY CSC
ECK MUST STAY CSC

scorrie
14-Nov-05, 11:45
Scotsboy, I thought my statement was easy to understand. Sure, you can only beat what you are up against but when that standard is poor your goal must be to thrash those poor teams and win by a large margin to indicate your own quality and aspirations of progressing to a higher level. By only scraping home, and doing so because the other team imploded, rather than by your own brilliance, it gives a false impression that all is rosey in the garden.

The league may have been exciting but it is a bit like watching a close race between two poor horses, however thrilling the battle you know that when the winner meets a group performer they will be beaten out of sight.

scotsboy
14-Nov-05, 11:50
I agree Scorrie.

willowbankbear
14-Nov-05, 17:46
Well I watched the game live in a bar in Bahrain, thankfully with no commentary; the rhythm of the dance music did little to enhance the game – which was dire. I thought the teams were actually pretty even until that great strike by Maloney – I did think Klos was slow at getting across his goal, perhaps Rangers Managements fault for delaying his return to the first team for so long, but definitely the Rangers midfields fault for giving him so much time. At the end of the day the game was deservedly won by Keltic as they were the only team who really looked like scoring – Rangers lack any kind of penetration, guile or ingenuity that is capable of breaking ANY team down at the moment.
Not sure what to make of Scorrie’s statements about our problem being that we won the league with a mediocre team; you can only play what you are up against. We were the best team in a league of mediocre and poor teams maybe – but that league had an exciting finish with nothing being decided at the top or bottom till the very end of the season.
Pepsi, I think we are down, not too sure of we will go too much further but the only way for me is up (did Yazz ever have another hit?), by the way for supposed Dundee Utd fans Deacon Blue members used to be seen at Ibrox far too regularly. As regards the comments on Dignity – I agree with McLeish, I think there is a difference in moaning about decisions that do not go your way in any particular game – but to question the ability/integrity of a referees decision in a game in which your team are not even involved is crass. But there is nothing new there in the paranoia filled world that is Keltic Football Club. By the way I have not seen any press reports of the match – but I think Soto Kyrgiakos was correct to be sent off, however his first booking was not deserved. Being a professional he should have known better than to foolishly clap the referees later decision. Strangely when speaking to my dad (an Aberdeen fan) he was ranting and raving about how biased the referee was towards Keltic!! Me, I think these things even themselves out over a season.
Don’s Lad, how original an idea a banner that is – a direct mimick of the one that Rangers fans had at the Tattiedome during the halcyon days of the dream team of Barnes and Daglish. My sources also tell me that this banner has not actually been completed yet (and my sources are probably MUCH closer to the Red Ultras than you), and the banner that was removed was for “safety” reasons.
Whitewater – pray tell where are these good young players?
Caithnesslad – I disagree.
I hear that Alex McLeish will be replaced VERY soon.Well said mate, 51 + counting W A T P How many more world records shall we set??????:rolleyes:

The Pepsi Challenge
14-Nov-05, 17:52
http://www.abledata.com/product_images/images/00A0985.jpg

'ahem'...

Blast!
14-Nov-05, 22:27
quote from Whitewater

"they are both guilty of failing to bring on young talented Scottish players"

Take a look at Celtic's line up against Rangers and tell me we just

Celtic: Boruc, Telfer, Balde, McManus, Camara, Nakamura, Lennon, Petrov, McGeady (Varga 77), Hartson, Maloney.
Subs Not Used: Marshall, Thompson, Virgo, Pearson.

Beattie would also have started had it not been for Injury.

McManus, McGeady and Maloney have all learnt their trade at Celtic and come up through the ranks to be established. Marshall is an ever present on the bench and it's only the high standard or Boruc that keeps him out of the team. Don't Marshall was first choice at the begining of the season - he conceded 9 in two games yet barely any of the goal were his fault, still 9 in two games means a goalkeeper will get the chop.

When Pearson arrived from Motherwell he was an ever present, started almost every game for the second half of the season then fell out of favour. Martin O' Neil may have been guilty at some point of favouring seasoned professionals and established players - but look how Strachan has turned it around!

McManus said he would leave if Strachan hadn't shown so much faith in him - and he's been outstanding. John Kennedy has signed his second, yes second, contract extension to stay at Celtic Park since he had his ligaments done in against Romania. Is that Celtic not showing incredible faith in a player who had just breifly established himself in the Celtic side under Martin O' Neil.

Look at the facts.

The word at Celtic Park is that young Paul Lawson is going to be a mainstay once Lennon hangs up his boots - maybe at the end of the season.

Remember Simon Donnelly, Phil O' Donnell, Mark Burchill and more recently Liam Miller? They all got starting roles at Celtic Park and stayed there for months. Mark Burchill and Liam Miller particularly both got too big for their boots and followed the money.

Look at them now. Burchill scored two at the weekend, good for him, but since he left CP he's done sweet ############ all! And Miller has be quoted by Roy Keane as "not being Man U quality". Down south they think nothing of him. Miller could have been a legend by now.

i was at the Anderlect and Lyon games when he scored - he got carried of injured in the Bayern and was given a standing ovation - he was loved, Celtic fans thought the world of him and he though nothing of us.

So Whitewater take that back - Celtic are certainly not "guilty of failing to bring on young talented Scottish players"

scotsboy
15-Nov-05, 06:16
You forgot the new Baggio -Steve Fulton.

Cuckoo Cuckoo

willowbankbear
15-Nov-05, 10:44
Theyve had a few equivillants of the one and only Nuno Cappucho:o , but while we watched the Bill they got horsed in Seville . And whats Nuno got that Sutton and Petrov havnt? A Uefa Cup winners medal . Remember that now bhoys:D :D :D

DrSzin
15-Nov-05, 10:45
I heard on the radio this morning that Rangers have just signed a new Chinese striker.

willowbankbear
15-Nov-05, 10:55
I heard on the radio this morning that Rangers have just signed a new Chinese striker. Aye right, transfer windows shut . this is a wind up, im going to F.F site, but i smell treason in the air dr Szin :cool:

DrSzin
15-Nov-05, 11:47
His name is Win Won Soon :D

golach
15-Nov-05, 11:49
His name is Win Won Soon :D

Good one Doc!!!!!!:D

willowbankbear
15-Nov-05, 12:00
His name is Win Won Soon :D Ha ha thasss an old 1:) I heard a similar 1 when Rangers marched to 9 in a row, Celtic signed 2 chinese boys-wi won wons & ho lon sins:p :p Always gets a laugh, Can ye mind 5-6 years ago when the sheep wer worst team in Europe,when they had the danish manager, Whats the difference tween a triangle & Aberdeen? A triangle has three points! Class

The Pepsi Challenge
15-Nov-05, 20:02
Speaking of three points, I hear Eck has gone and got himself done for drink-driving. Seems he'll do anything for three points these days.