PDA

View Full Version : Waterfront nightclub / Thurso cinema

bobbyrussell09
17-Mar-08, 18:23
havent been in the place in a while but heard the price to get in has gone upto 7 pound.for the amount u pay to get in u would think they would do the place up.or have they ???

nicnic74
17-Mar-08, 18:55
I heard that to, never heard that thev'e done it
up but it's in dire need of it.
I grudged paying a fiver never mind £7, it would
be not too bad if they had decent bands like they
used to have years ago, but to pay that amount
of money for a disco that plays mostly just techno/dance
music , thats not everybodys cup of tea.
There is other age groups that do go to it not just
teenagers.

bobbyrussell09
17-Mar-08, 19:18
the dj has selective taste.an if u ask for a song u get told he doesnt have it.also i have asked for a song before an was told it was played earlier.when the place has only had two people in.but they will gladly play old rubbish more than once

bobbyrussell09
17-Mar-08, 19:39
to go along with my post bout the waterfront,was up at the cinema the pther week an was shocked at the price to watch a film.6 pound 80,thanfully i didna get the 5 pound popcorn (dont think thats the price but u never know)

obiron
17-Mar-08, 19:39
I heard that to, never heard that thev'e done it
up but it's in dire need of it.
I grudged paying a fiver never mind £7, it would
be not too bad if they had decent bands like they
used to have years ago, but to pay that amount
of money for a disco that plays mostly just techno/dance
music , thats not everybodys cup of tea.
There is other age groups that do go to it not just
teenagers.

you must be going there on a good night then cos ive heard the gambler and tina turner played there. its a nightclub surely you go there to hear dance type music. when i go there thats the music i want to hear stuff thats playing in the big clubs down south not the rubbish we hear up here.

bobbyrussell09
17-Mar-08, 19:42
i ken were slow to get things up here but i thought good music wasnt one o them.come on mr dj good record on so we can boogie woogie

obalam
17-Mar-08, 20:10
Went bowling a couple of weeks ago and the place is a disgrace. It desperately needs tidying up. Considering there isn't much in the county for family entertainment it could be a good going place. The way it is we won't be rushing back. Seems to be run by teenagers at the weekend.

Amy-Winehouse
17-Mar-08, 20:19
Ive been in that "club" a couple of times & when I went back home , I couldnt stop laughing(neither could any of my mates) when i told them about the Waterfront`s tastes in music!!!!!

The Gambler by Kenny Rodgers & Tina Turner -simply the best??? I mean are you serious??

All the local youngsters were commenting on how bad the place is & smells. It was £5 admission but for me it was entertaining to see how the people of Wick spend an hour and a half on a Saturday night[lol]

I think the owner needs to reduce the size of it & spend quite a large amount of money on the place as it is in dire need of a refit

quiteone
17-Mar-08, 23:06
last time i went i paid £7 to get in at quarter to one and upstairs was closed due to lack of staff and as i was smoking then i spent most of the hour outside in the smoking area. it does absolutly stink in there. that was jan and havent been back since. think that because the waterfront has no compitition it gets away with bein a state. dont think its been done up or even had a new carpet since it opened.....hows many years ago???? 12, 14???

Angel
17-Mar-08, 23:41
There are changes afoot for the waterfront... restaurant starting to get its act togeather... and there is a band on either this weekend or the next...
they have been on national radio.... and do some interesting cover versions...

Jeid
17-Mar-08, 23:57
Tha band you speak of are Hayseed Dixie. They're a national touring act yeah. It's this Saturday.

quiteone
17-Mar-08, 23:58
yip and about time, its hayseed dixie and there pretty good theyve played in skinandis and over in orkney a few times. im goin!!! went for lunch in silver darling and it was lovely have to say. if they revamped the niteclub a bit and as was said gets decent bands up it would be good. years ago theyd have buses running up and down from thurso, helmsdale, dunbeath lybster etc, used to be packed every wkend.

The Angel Of Death
18-Mar-08, 13:05
Well in my slightly pickled state on sat night i went to go into the waterfront at half 1 (30 mins till closing time) and was told it was £7 to get in

I mean come on its bad enough paying £7 to get into there in the first place but at that time in the morn i think not and went to get some munch instead

mama2
18-Mar-08, 15:52
Your lucky you can get in the Waterfront at that time of night you can't get in Skinandis after 12 which I think is pretty bad, there are 2 nightclubs in this county and the same rules should apply for both.

cd1977
18-Mar-08, 15:59
Simple solution folks.

Dinna bother going.

You'll miss nothing.

bobbyrussell09
18-Mar-08, 16:48
heard they are charging 13 to 14 pound to see the band.they better be worth it