PDA

View Full Version : greenhouse

silverfox57
16-Mar-08, 21:08
hi has any of you started with seeds in cold greenhouses yet,have just cleaned and got packets ready today,though might be to early yet,might wait do see repleys first. have some sweetpeas in bedroom ,i no we will get frosts yet,but cover seeds in greenhouse,thanks:D

Tilter
17-Mar-08, 11:48
Silverfox,
My seeds are now coming up, but they're in a slightly heated propagator in greenhouse. I think some seeds would be OK to plant now, but some that need higher germination temps will need to wait as it's still very cold at night.

Boozeburglar
25-Mar-08, 12:27
Sweetpeas need 15-20 C for germination, so anything similar maybe a bit early for the greenhouse, so right keep em indoors.

I am leaving all mine until early April, anyway, or doing them indoors.

Mister Squiggle
25-Mar-08, 13:20
My radishes and leeks are up, as is my thyme, in our unheated (and a bit draughty) greenhouse). Everything else is on the dining room table in lots of lovely sunlight and near a radiator (tomatoes, basil and courgettes).
I'm not planning any other major plantings until mid-April (carrots, potatoes and peas and beans). I have a couple of other varieties of tomatoes to seed next month but I will probably do these indoors to get them started.

porshiepoo
04-Apr-08, 18:45
I've just been away for 2 weeks and just before I went I was complaining that none of my seeds had made a show. They're in a double glazed greenhouse in a propagator but the propagator isn't heated.
Well, I checked em when I got back thinking that if they've not sprouted I'd chuck em and as luck would have it, they've all come up. I've now got Toms, sweetcorn, cucumber, courgettes, peppers and sweetpeas all romping away. yay!

silverfox57
04-Apr-08, 20:16
I've just been away for 2 weeks and just before I went I was complaining that none of my seeds had made a show. They're in a double glazed greenhouse in a propagator but the propagator isn't heated.
Well, I checked em when I got back thinking that if they've not sprouted I'd chuck em and as luck would have it, they've all come up. I've now got Toms, sweetcorn, cucumber, courgettes, peppers and sweetpeas all romping away. yay!
think you better put covers over everythink for next 2days as frost is forcast for next 2 nights,have seeds up in cold house as temp was up last week,:lol: