PDA

View Full Version : Weather Watch

Tugmistress
09-Nov-05, 20:27
From one of the sites i use and have found to be reliable.....

Severe Gales and much colder weather

Weather Watch
issued at 1125 am on Wednesday 9 November 2005
Another developing Atlantic weather system seems set for almost a repeat of the Sunday into Monday storm. Currently, barely a centre several thousand miles out in the Atlantic, this will run rapidly east and deepen quickly as it gets 3000-400 miles west of Ireland. It is expected to be off the western Isles of Scotland by 1200 on Friday, with a centre below 980mb. Its subsequent track will take it over or very near to Shetland by early Saturday afternoon, by then with a centre below 972mb

Gale force southerly winds will be affecting Northern Ireland by lunch time on Friday. They will subsequently spread to many Irish Sea coastal areas of England and northwards into the whole of Scotland. Speeds into Severe gale force are likely, at least in gusts, and may be higher. This is most likely over the western and northern Isles and the far north of Scotland. Here, as the winds change to west and then north west these speeds will be maintained into Saturday afternoon.

To the rear of the low much colder air will flood south with most areas of the country affected by late on Saturday. Over the north of Scotland as far south as the Highland region the air will be cold enough for any showers which follow on behind the main rain belt to turn increasingly to snow above 2000ft. By evening any showers here may give snow down to about 1000ft. At the moment amounts do not look like being more than slight.

This Watch is expected to upgraded to an Alert during Thursday. Currently its validity is only to Saturday evening but it may need extending for possible further developments.

Tugmistress
09-Nov-05, 22:55
for those that like diagrams / charts, this is what is forecast

http://www.net-weather.co.uk/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=7573

Oh yeah,
the good news is that i received my weather stuff back today, but due to the wind cannot concrete in my big pole for the anenometer, but i will put it back up temporarily sited so i can get back online with the readings which should be tomorrow (it's too dark now and i just moved the living room round to compensate for the cables coming in from a diferent direction).
If you want to check tomorrow i would expect it to be running after noon if i am lucky :D

peedie man
09-Nov-05, 23:15
hope you get back in action very soonhttp://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon14.gif