PDA

View Full Version : Spring Is Here

WeeBurd
16-Mar-08, 20:20
The curlews have appeared out here today (sorry, no pics, they're still far enough away for me to get a decent photo), with their pretty call... not sure if they hang out here all the time, but today is the first I've heard and seen of them since last year.

Suddenly it feels like spring! I've a wee while to wait for the Swallows yet though :D.

Seabird
16-Mar-08, 20:33
The curlews have appeared out here today (sorry, no pics, they're still far enough away for me to get a decent photo), with their pretty call... not sure if they hang out here all the time, but today is the first I've heard and seen of them since last year.

Suddenly it feels like spring! I've a wee while to wait for the Swallows yet though :D.

Spring may be postponed for at least another week WeeBurd.
Strong North winds expected later in the week with possible snow.

Colin

WeeBurd
16-Mar-08, 20:42
Spring may be postponed for at least another week WeeBurd.
Strong North winds expected later in the week with possible snow.

Colin

COLIN!!!! Don't burst ma wee bubble ;)[lol]! Myself and BabyBurdie went out a ramble today - it may have looked like spring, but it certainly didn't feel like it when we got caught in a squally/windy shower!

BTW, super pic of the beastie itself on your other post. I've loved curlews since I was a very WeeBurdie, mainly I think because their call and look is so distinctive that even I could spot them, lol!

Lavenderblue2
18-Mar-08, 10:12
I heard a curlew here yesterday - it filled me full of joy - I just love the sound of the curlew. :)

LB

WeeBurd
20-Apr-08, 09:49
I managed to snap this pair out of the kitchen window, early one morning (10th April)...

http://uk.geocities.com/w33burd/Birds/100408_004.jpg