PDA

View Full Version : Easter weekend

Gleber2
16-Mar-08, 16:58
The J.Fats Band are playing in the Newmarket on Sunday, 23rd March, four thirty until I stop. Isaac on drums and Willie on bass. Guest artist will be Tich Bremner if he is on shore. Saturday 22nd March Self and Isaac will be playing in the refurbished Mountain Dew in Wick, nine thirty until one.

canuck
21-Mar-08, 21:56
It looks to be a busy few days for you two. Good luck.

Sizzled&Stirred
27-Mar-08, 18:45
Just a quick question.I popped into the gig at the Newmarket on Sunday and I've got to say Johns guitar sound floored me :D What kind of rig was he using? And better yet where can I get one? It was frickin awesome!!!!:cool:

Gleber2
27-Mar-08, 19:10
Just a quick question.I popped into the gig at the Newmarket on Sunday and I've got to say Johns guitar sound floored me What kind of rig was he using? And better yet where can I get one? It was frickin awesome!!!!:cool:
Glad you liked the sound on Sunday. I was using a rig which you would find difficult to copy. I bought the Gibson in 1966 and retired it in the nineties and Sunday was its first outing in a long time. I recently had it rewired and refinished. It is a 345 Stereo and on Sunday I was playing through two Hughs and Kantner Replex echo boxs, two overdrive pedals, a Maesro wah/vol from 1971 and a George Dennis vol/wah. This was feeding a Selmer Stereomaster from the sixties(two 50w Zodiacs in one box) which was driving two Mongotone 2x10 cabs. This was miked in stereo. Most pleased with the results.
Thanks for the interest.:)

Sizzled&Stirred
27-Mar-08, 20:23
Guess I'll have to start trawling Ebay then..And flog my beloved SG :cool:

Mystical Potato Head
28-Mar-08, 12:39
Glad you liked the sound on Sunday. I was using a rig which you would find difficult to copy. I bought the Gibson in 1966 and retired it in the nineties and Sunday was its first outing in a long time. I recently had it rewired and refinished. It is a 345 Stereo and on Sunday I was playing through two Hughs and Kantner Replex echo boxs, two overdrive pedals, a Maesro wah/vol from 1971 and a George Dennis vol/wah. This was feeding a Selmer Stereomaster from the sixties(two 50w Zodiacs in one box) which was driving two Mongotone 2x10 cabs. This was miked in stereo. Most pleased with the results.
Thanks for the interest.:)

Is that 345 one of those one where the E, D and B strings go to one output and the the A, G and high E strings go to the other?

Gleber2
28-Mar-08, 14:14
Is that 345 one of those one where the E, D and B strings go to one output and the the A, G and high E strings go to the other?
Not quite. Each pickup has a separate output.

loganbiffy
28-Mar-08, 16:07

I must admit, the sound was immense, i wouldn't mind getting one of those mongotone cabs myself!
In the market for a new amp at the moment and there is so much to choose from!

Mystical Potato Head
28-Mar-08, 16:31

Ahh, I know nothing about gibsons so pardon my ignorance

zebedy
15-May-08, 23:28
i know this vid wasnt from this threads date
but next best thread to put this random video i uploaded into

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=va4URb9WNiA

trix
15-May-08, 23:56
excellent stuff lek, wullie jivin awie ayre....

cana wait til seturday nite ;)