PDA

View Full Version : Veg Box Scheme

ashaw1
16-Mar-08, 16:47
I know this was talked about a while ago but i just wondered if anyone knew if the scheme in the Caithness area was any further forward. I noticed that the organic veg boxes sold by Tesco actually contain veg from England. This is crazy surely there are local farmers who could all contribute to this scheme. I think it would be very popular up here and i would be very interested to know if this might actually happen.

ashaw1
16-Mar-08, 17:29
I also wondered how many people would be interested in buying these boxes on either a weekly/fortnightly basis if they were available and if the produce came from the Highland area.

Skerries
16-Mar-08, 17:31
Sounds like a good idea if it's reasonably local.

rob16d
16-Mar-08, 17:32
Sounds expensive though :(

ashaw1
16-Mar-08, 17:41
Sounds expensive though :(
Not really! The boxes can start from around £10 and include 7-10 varieties of vegetable.

rob16d
16-Mar-08, 17:44
Not really! The boxes can start from around £10 and include 7-10 varieties of vegetable.

Sorry...but that's expensive to a wee pleb like me! xx

ashaw1
16-Mar-08, 18:02
Sorry...but that's expensive to a wee pleb like me! xx
For organic produce that can be made into several meals that would do for the whole week i actually think it's quite good but i understand it's not for everyone!

marlyn
16-Mar-08, 19:37
Well I would certainly be interested, especially if it was local/highland produce.

justine
16-Mar-08, 19:39
great idea...Hiope they make full full boxes,,,,,we grow our own for taste difference but we still have to wait for them to grow, so would be good to have a good box of different veg for my family......................

crashbandicoot1979
16-Mar-08, 20:10
I would definitely be interested aswell.

chaz
16-Mar-08, 20:14
great idea...Hiope they make full full boxes,,,,,we grow our own for taste difference but we still have to wait for them to grow, so would be good to have a good box of different veg for my family......................

Hi would be intrested also, have the same reasons as justine:)

ashaw1
17-Mar-08, 08:27
Thanks for the input guys!

rob16d
17-Mar-08, 09:45
Well ashaw1, if you sen me some recipes I will buy some! ><

ashaw1
17-Mar-08, 12:15
Well ashaw1, if you sen me some recipes I will buy some! ><
Funny you should say that! I've come across a cookbook containing 146 recipes especially for veg box schemes!