PDA

View Full Version : Quoys, Auckengill

hoadster
16-Mar-08, 08:58
Can anyone help me with this address. My grandmothers father used this address when registering his children for school. As I am not a local (actually living in Australia), I would appreciate any help in deciphering the address. I will be visiting in May and would like to find where my grandmother lived.

telfordstar
16-Mar-08, 11:47
Maybe try google or google earth that might be your best bet.

Loch not Lock
16-Mar-08, 12:12
Just go to Caithness on this website and click on A-Z and then Auckengill. Great photographs.:)

Loch not Lock
16-Mar-08, 12:16
Otherwise write to Auckengill Post Office and request more details.

Sapphire2803
17-Mar-08, 19:32
The house is still there, but it is now called Parkview.

Sapphire2803
17-Mar-08, 19:44
Otherwise write to Auckengill Post Office and request more details.
That would be:
The filling station
Auckengill

we don't have a post office any more :(

hoadster
18-Mar-08, 11:47
I would appreciate some additional advice about Parkview. Is Parkview the new name for Quoys, or did you mean it's related to the post office.

Sapphire2803
18-Mar-08, 12:43
It's the new name for Quoys
I have pm'ed you about the school photo

Whitewater
18-Mar-08, 12:51
Hoadster, as far as I'm aware the farm is still known as the "Quoys of Reiss" You will have no difficulty in finding it when you get here. The locals are all friendly, you only need to ask.

Sapphire2803
18-Mar-08, 12:53
Hoadster, as far as I'm aware the farm is still known as the "Quoys of Reiss" You will have no difficulty in finding it when you get here. The locals are all friendly, you only need to ask.

Nope, Quoys of Reiss is in Reiss, Quoys of Auckengill is in Auckengill. :)

Tighsonas4
18-Mar-08, 13:51
Nope, Quoys of Reiss is in Reiss, Quoys of Auckengill is in Auckengill. :)
yep when this first came up my initional recation was the quoys of reiss
but assumed that someone in auckengill could come up with something else
regards tony

neepnipper
18-Mar-08, 14:05
If it's Parkview farm it's a two storey house, coming from Wick you come in to Auckengill and turn left at the bottom of the hill, Parkview farm is just up this road on the right, you can see it from the main road.

Sapphire2803
18-Mar-08, 14:09
If it's Parkview farm it's a two storey house, coming from Wick you come in to Auckengill and turn left at the bottom of the hill, Parkview farm is just up this road on the right, you can see it from the main road.
That's the one :)

michellembm
24-Mar-08, 12:53
I live there now if you want to know more pm me