PDA

View Full Version : Homebase

sadam
16-Mar-08, 00:44
What do you think of Homebase? I have heard 2 stories now about them which makes me want warn the rest of you folks. First I heard of someone buying 5 tubes of something like No Nails down town for about £10.00 and found it would cost about £9.95 for one tube in homebase which would have cost nearly £50.00 if they bought 5 there.
Second story was a man from Thurso went through to Wick to get tiles which he saw advertised on the Homebase website at £2.99 but when he got to the shop they were on the shelf at £9.99, he went to the assistant to enquire about it. He was asked if he took a copy of the prices from the website with him for proof, she would then give it him them at that price.
He didnt but offered to go and get the proof needed. On returning he went to the shelf to get his tiles to find the shelf empty and a big OUT OF STOCK in place. Waht would that tell you. Please always double check if your going to buy at Homebase.

Riffman
16-Mar-08, 01:19
Shearers is half the price of homebase. But homebase is big and shiney and that is what lures people in.

I went in today and they don't even sell meths, what use is that?

telfordstar
16-Mar-08, 11:45
I must admit I find homebase really expensive there has been a few occasions when i have been loking for some thing ie silicone in a tube gone up, looked at the ridiculous price homebase charges and walked back out and gone to either shearers or even woolies and got it there for a fraction of the price. It just goes to show if you shop around youll find a good price.

Penelope Pitstop
16-Mar-08, 12:03
I was in it yesterday to "kill time". Had no intention to buy anything - it's a dear hole.

Anji
16-Mar-08, 12:39
I must admit I find homebase really expensive there has been a few occasions when i have been loking for some thing ie silicone in a tube gone up, looked at the ridiculous price homebase charges and walked back out and gone to either shearers or even woolies and got it there for a fraction of the price. It just goes to show if you shop around youll find a good price.

I know where Woolies is, but can somebody please tell me where Shearers is? I do a lot of DIY and at present have to use Homebase, although I agree they're really expensive for most things. I would be eternally grateful to anyone pointing me in the direction of somewhere cheaper.

111heather
16-Mar-08, 13:39
shearers is at tha side of the old police station in wick

telfordstar
16-Mar-08, 13:40
I know where Woolies is, but can somebody please tell me where Shearers is? I do a lot of DIY and at present have to use Homebase, although I agree they're really expensive for most things. I would be eternally grateful to anyone pointing me in the direction of somewhere cheaper.

Shearers is down the street between the royal bank of scotland and the town hall its next door to the hairdressers. Its worth a look

rfr10
16-Mar-08, 14:13
The no nails stuff you refered to has actually been sold in the 99p shop when it was open for.. if I'm correct.. 99p for 2 tubes.

Anji
16-Mar-08, 15:02
Thanks, 111heather and telfordstar. I'll take a look sometime this week.

sids
16-Mar-08, 15:21
I know where Woolies is, but can somebody please tell me where Shearers is? .

If people don't know where it is, that's not exactly a marketing success, is it? Could they get a placard on the floral clock railings or something?