PDA

View Full Version : Primary Schools Reading Assessment Levels

Julia
15-Mar-08, 19:12
Just wondering if anyone can explain what they are and at what age which level is sat? thanks

chaz
15-Mar-08, 19:50
Just wondering if anyone can explain what they are and at what age which level is sat? thanks
Hi, on my sons from primary there was a sheet explaining what the levels are and when they should be met.I will go and look for it, havent seen it since we moved.If i find it will let you know:)

NickInTheNorth
15-Mar-08, 20:11

This is a link to a word document which should explain all you could want to know.

http://www.hvlc.org.uk/hlp/docs/Assessmnetofreading.doc

and the main website http://www.hvlc.org.uk/ace/index.html is a very good resource too!

Julia
15-Mar-08, 22:58
My daughter has just passed Level A and is in primary 3, not come across this before as she moved schools last year. I was trying to figure out if she is ahead or behind or just right doing the assessment at her age.

Thanks for the info!

mums angels
15-Mar-08, 23:25
My daughter has just passed Level A and is in primary 3, not come across this before as she moved schools last year. I was trying to figure out if she is ahead or behind or just right doing the assessment at her age.

Thanks for the info!

If it helps my son is in P2 and passed level A maths but from what i remember from my daughter been in P3 she passed Level A reading and writing 1st half of P3( the reading writing tests are harder than the maths ones so tend to be done later than maths ) ...however Level A is the level aimed for by start of P4 so sounds like shes on track. should all be explained in her report card if i can remember where i put theres i'll post what level is expected by which primary.

ok found it A - should be attainable in the course P1- P3 by most

level B - should be attainable by some pupils in P3 or even earlier , but certainly by most P4

C - should be attainable in the course of P4 - p6 by most pupils

D - should be attainable by some pupils in P5 -P6 or even earlier but certainly by most P7

E - should be attainable by some pupils in P7 / S1 but certainly by most in S2

F - Sould be attainable by some pupils in P7 or in the course of S1& S2

Tristan
15-Mar-08, 23:48
From the Learning and Teaching Scotland website.

Level A
should be attainable in the course of P1 - P3 by almost all pupils.

Level B
should be attainable by some pupils in P3 or even earlier, but certainly by most in P4.

Level C
should be attainable in the course of P4 - P6 by most pupils.

Level D
should be attainable by some pupils in P5 - P6 or even earlier, but certainly by most in P7.

Level E
should be attainable by some pupils in P7 - S1 but certainly by most in S2.

telfordstar
16-Mar-08, 11:38
From the Learning and Teaching Scotland website.

Level A
should be attainable in the course of P1 - P3 by almost all pupils.

Level B
should be attainable by some pupils in P3 or even earlier, but certainly by most in P4.

Level C
should be attainable in the course of P4 - P6 by most pupils.

Level D
should be attainable by some pupils in P5 - P6 or even earlier, but certainly by most in P7.

Level E
should be attainable by some pupils in P7 - S1 but certainly by most in S2.

Thanks for that my son came home with a certificate for passing level B in reading so going by the list you gave he did pertty good im fair chufed with it.