PDA

View Full Version : Thrumster Garage

BIG A
15-Mar-08, 18:27
Sorry to hear that Thrumter Garage is up for sale.
Staff there are most helpful and prices are reasonable

SOAC
15-Mar-08, 22:46
Aye,

I hope it continues as I always got good service and an honest assessment of any problems. The garage has a good reputation and I hope whatever comes of its future continues in the same vein.

octane
15-Mar-08, 22:53
Hope its kept going, its the best garage in the county without a doubt :D

Dont get conned and falsely lead by these other cowboy bigger outfits with monkey mechanics and make that worthwhile journey to get your problems sorted while you can.

Ill start a petition for them to hopefully reconsider

1- Octane

Poultney lad
16-Mar-08, 00:50
Sorry to see it closing it has been going a fair long time

bluebell
16-Mar-08, 05:25
Sorry to hear this,always used it when we had a problem a very friendly bunch

EDDIE
16-Mar-08, 09:07
One of the bigest problem little garages have these days is keeping up and affording all the different types of software and cables and training to fix all these modern cars that are run by the computer i think its a sad now that a modern mechanic like my self is more or less totally useless without laptop to fix things when i started of being a mechanic u could go to any piece of kit and diagnose the fault and fix it because it was all mechanical or fairly basic electrics not like today were u need a laptop and a training course on that specific bit of kit or u have no chance in fixng it.
What really annoys me is why the car or piece of kit doesnt have a self diagnoseing process on the dash which anyone can access rather than having no choice but to go to a main dealer but its like every thing else in life its all about money.

dessie
16-Mar-08, 10:34
just sorry to here it is closing its a good garage very friendly.and always try,s to keep up with the big concerns with fuel prices...

chaz
16-Mar-08, 10:39
Sorry to hear they are up for sale,they are always reasonable with thier prices and helpful.

SNOWDOG
16-Mar-08, 10:58
Been going to Kennys for years, best garage in Caithness! Good luck to Ronald and Murph wherever they go!

balto
16-Mar-08, 11:16
Used to live in thrumster when i was younger and used to pop to my uncle kennys garage the whole time, sad to see it go after all this time.