PDA

View Full Version : Orange Network / Vodafone

ashaw1
15-Mar-08, 16:27
Is it just me or is the Orange Network down again at the moment. Getting a little more frequent now it seems and it always seems to be over the weekend!

dandod
15-Mar-08, 16:35
i used to have a mobile with orange.the signal would go off for a week or maybe 2 at times.is it still that bad?

nicnic74
15-Mar-08, 16:44
Im on the orange network as well, & wasnt at all happy this morn
when i found i had no signal :(, getting the odd txt that is coming thru
it does seem to be more often this last while that it's going down & as you said especially over the weekend, which is a bit of a pain as thats when i use
it most, might hav to think about changing networks

Angela
15-Mar-08, 17:03
I don't know about their mobile network but their broadband is just dire. For ages now it's been disconnecting several times every day.

I'd just been waiting for the end of my contract to leave them ...and then the nightmare began....:eek:

They're upgrading their systems, or so they say. In my case they've changed my ADSL from BT to a company I'd never heard of. This didn't stop them giving me a MAC code that was only valid for a BT line.

It's taken me two weeks of phonecalls to them and to BT (who I'd planned to migrate to as I fancied BT vision) to find out what the problem was.

Orange then refused to give me a valid MAC until the end of the 30 day period the first MAC would have been valid for -except it never was valid in the first place -and told me that any new MAC I got from them would still be very unlikely to work if I migrated to BT, as I no longer had a BT ADSL....:confused

To add insult to injury, I received an apparently unrelated call from Orange asking me if I'd like to upgrade to their faster, more expensive service.

BT have been totally useless as well - they set up and then cancelled 2 separate orders without telling me what they were doing, or ever trying to find out what the MAC problem might be. One day last week I spent 2 hours glued to the phone and being passed around BT departments where nobody could help at all....each time having to try to explain the problem over and over...and each time being told "I don't know anything about that!"

Well -I've now managed to close my account with Orange, although this too will take them 30 days to accomplish -why???

I won't be moving to BT either...I'm moving to a small local provider which will cost more, but hopefully provide much better service. There are really no words to describe how helpless and furious I've felt about all this.

Sorry, I know this doesn't really relate to Orange mobile problems, but I would strongly advise folk to steer well clear of their broadband.

ashaw1
15-Mar-08, 17:18
I don't know about their mobile network but their broadband is just dire. For ages now it's been disconnecting several times every day.

I'd just been waiting for the end of my contract to leave them ...and then the nightmare began....:eek:

They're upgrading their systems, or so they say. In my case they've changed my ADSL from BT to a company I'd never heard of. This didn't stop them giving me a MAC code that was only valid for a BT line.

It's taken me two weeks of phonecalls to them and to BT (who I'd planned to migrate to as I fancied BT vision) to find out what the problem was.

Orange then refused to give me a valid MAC until the end of the 30 day period the first MAC would have been valid for -except it never was valid in the first place -and told me that any new MAC I got from them would still be very unlikely to work if I migrated to BT, as I no longer had a BT ADSL....:confused

To add insult to injury, I received an apparently unrelated call from Orange asking me if I'd like to upgrade to their faster, more expensive service.

BT have been totally useless as well - they set up and then cancelled 2 separate orders without telling me what they were doing, or ever trying to find out what the MAC problem might be. One day last week I spent 2 hours glued to the phone and being passed around BT departments where nobody could help at all....each time having to try to explain the problem over and over...and each time being told "I don't know anything about that!"

Well -I've now managed to close my account with Orange, although this too will take them 30 days to accomplish -why???

I won't be moving to BT either...I'm moving to a small local provider which will cost more, but hopefully provide much better service. There are really no words to describe how helpless and furious I've felt about all this.

Sorry, I know this doesn't really relate to Orange mobile problems, but I would strongly advise folk to steer well clear of their broadband.
Not at all! It's good to see their service, or lack of it as a whole!

Poultney lad
15-Mar-08, 17:52
I agree 100 % with angela

Poultney lad
15-Mar-08, 17:54
Try tmobile nicnic74

ashaw1
15-Mar-08, 18:15
Try tmobile nicnic74
When we first moved to Wick both my son and husband were on T-mobile and constantly lost the signal on the Pulteney side of the village. That's why i went for Orange and for a while the service was good. Every now and again i couldn't get a signal over the weekend but this seems to be becoming more and more frequent.

rainbow
15-Mar-08, 18:48
My vodafone is down just now - and I never have reception problems with them.

celtchicky
15-Mar-08, 18:58
anyone else got problems with no signal in wick today?

pjyemail
15-Mar-08, 19:10
yes i do, i think orange is the same

sweetpea
15-Mar-08, 19:32
I've had no signal for the last hour or so-vodafone:(

celtchicky
15-Mar-08, 19:36
just phoned vodafone and they reckon its due til weather problems. lookin lek tomorrow before theres a signal again

quiteone
15-Mar-08, 19:53
im with orange and had no signal since is morning!! they do that from time to time for essential maintenence or sooo they tell me :lol:

nicnic74
15-Mar-08, 19:53
Try tmobile nicnic74
Hav already used t-mobile & could hardly get a signal, it
was ok if i wiz outside but inside was terrible, had to hang
out e window if i wanted to use it, no so handy if it's a howling
gale & pouring down we rain:)

sweetpea
15-Mar-08, 19:55
just phoned vodafone and they reckon its due til weather problems. lookin lek tomorrow before theres a signal again

What weather probs? It's a beautiful night.

Liz
15-Mar-08, 20:17
I am about to get a new mobile phone and not sure what network to go for?

I used to have 02 and they seem quite reliable?

sweetpea
15-Mar-08, 20:20
Vodafone usually are as well, this isn't an everyday occurence

dessie
15-Mar-08, 21:10
i dont think know that the highlands exist...my orange mobil is rubbish indoors around the wick area...

quiteone
15-Mar-08, 21:30
iv been with orange for almost 6yrs now, i get 500 anytime/network mins and unlimited txts for £35 a month. on the odd occasion like today the network goes down but apart from that i get good signal where ever i go. no complaints about them really

Sapphire2803
16-Mar-08, 00:04
I've had no signal in Auckengill all afternoon on O2. It's driving me mad!

ashaw1
16-Mar-08, 11:04
Hav already used t-mobile & could hardly get a signal, it
was ok if i wiz outside but inside was terrible, had to hang
out e window if i wanted to use it, no so handy if it's a howling
gale & pouring down we rain:)
We were exactly the same!

Mik.M.
16-Mar-08, 12:51
I`m on 3 mobile,which usually gives good reception apart from the odd spot. However yesterday it was rubbish all day why? Back to normal now thankfully.T mobile was rubbish when I was on that,up here and in \crawley where we lived before

Highland Laddie
16-Mar-08, 13:00
The wifes orange mobile has been down since Friday night, phoned to ask what was happening, was told that their equipment was getting old, and the signal was deteriorating.

All the rest in the house are with O2, and have had excellent signal strength and no other problems.

nicnic74
16-Mar-08, 14:04
Orange back on noo Yipeeeeee:Razz

rfr10
16-Mar-08, 14:05
Vodafone was down for a while last night as I'd heard quite a few people complaining. Then again, they can't be perfect all the time.

justine
16-Mar-08, 14:18
its not just orange and vodafone, three is down aswell..had no signal for 2 days now and cant use the phone...Must be to do with the weather in england affecting the satellite signals....:confused

johnlc
16-Mar-08, 14:24
yes my 3 Network is down and has been for 2 days now,dnt usually have problems with 3.

saxovtr
16-Mar-08, 14:44
a bird i was speaking to last night said her phone(vodafone)went down lastnight,but it wasnt for to long,im with o2 and have never had any problems!!

rob16d
16-Mar-08, 18:09
My mate had no signal all day yesterday on vodafone

ashaw1
16-Mar-08, 18:14
My son is on Vodafone and he got his signal back yesterday evening, my Orange signal didn't come back on until lunchtime today.

quiteone
16-Mar-08, 18:27
iv still no signal on orange :(

bobbyrussell09
17-Mar-08, 19:33
i used to be with vodaphone an every 2nd or 3rd weekend id get no signal changed to o2 an makes me wish i did it sooner