PDA

View Full Version : Missing - Wheelie Bin

catherine nicol
15-Mar-08, 12:55
Good morning folks.

My green wheelie bin has wandered away from my front door in Laurie Terrace and I would be obliged if the person who has accidentally removed it could please return as soon as possible.

Last week mine was swapped with one from Royal Terrace and this week it it appeared as though the same thing may have happened again but a day later it had vanised altogether.

There was no number painted on my bin so someone may have inadvertently thought it was theres or indeed a spare bin.

If you could return the bin to the location that it was acquired, ie next to abandoned trailer in garage area, I will collect it from there.

Thank you.

Catherine

Dadie
15-Mar-08, 13:00
In our old house our wheelie bin was inadvertantly swallowed by the scaffie cart and we got a replacement straight away ( the lid was swallowed twice as well) if this has happened to yours rather than assuming its been stolen/ taken for a walk you should phone the council and a replacement will be sent out asap!

catherine nicol
15-Mar-08, 13:06
I know it hasn't been swallowed by the refuge cart as it was there on Wednesday after it was emptied. It just wasn't there on Thursday.

Thanks for the suggestion though, never crossed my mind that this could happen.

POUNDIT
15-Mar-08, 15:49
My wheelie bin has gone missing twice this year ,know how you feel its not handy.Think its the kids around where i live probably set it on fire or something really fun like that !!!!!:mad:

EDDIE
15-Mar-08, 17:32
My wheelie bin has gone missing twice this year ,know how you feel its not handy.Think its the kids around where i live probably set it on fire or something really fun like that !!!!!:mad:

lol sorry i shouldnt laugh about it what ever happened to the good old days when kids used to knock on your door and run rather than hyjacking wheely bins

catherine nicol
15-Mar-08, 18:00
Hey who said the power of the net isn't a useful tool.

I went out this afternoon and low and behold the wheelie bin was back in situ.

There is a bag of rubbish in it and my friend suggested that if I had a look through the rubbish I might just discover where it was holidaying...........but I don't really care. Just delighted it is back as someone told me that you have to pay for a new one from the council and I could do without that extra expense.

Thank you to whoever was looking after it for me since Wednesday/Thursday.

I will now number and address it for future to avoid any confusion.

Cheers

ashaw1
15-Mar-08, 18:20
Glad you got it back. A new one would have set you back £35.

Dadie
15-Mar-08, 18:36
didnt cost me anything when the scaffie cart ate my one!

Buttercup
15-Mar-08, 18:43
Hey who said the power of the net isn't a useful tool.

I went out this afternoon and low and behold the wheelie bin was back in situ.

There is a bag of rubbish in it and my friend suggested that if I had a look through the rubbish I might just discover where it was holidaying...........but I don't really care. Just delighted it is back as someone told me that you have to pay for a new one from the council and I could do without that extra expense.

Thank you to whoever was looking after it for me since Wednesday/Thursday.

I will now number and address it for future to avoid any confusion.

Cheers

Glad you got it back, now put your house number on it or some other identifying mark to try to prevent it happening again. But, I believe that if you report to the police that your bin has been stolen you can get the crime number from them and the council provide you with another bin free of charge.:D