PDA

View Full Version : Arnold Clark

Macwull
14-Mar-08, 18:38
Hi was just wondering what people think of the service arnold clark give?
I'm dealing with them just now and i'm getting slighlty sick of them! Was told the car should be ready by the wk'end but now it won't be to the start of the week!!

Dealt with them with the last car and there was nothing but hassle, had to wait year for a parcel shelf!! !!

If my service doesn't improve this time then i think it'll be the last time im using Uncle arnold!!

Any feedback would be great then when I go down tomorrow I can show them what the customers of caithness think of there service!! Good or Bad

Cheers

ashaw1
14-Mar-08, 18:55
I didn't have a problem with them but then again the car i bought from them was second hand. Don't know if this makes a difference. The only thing i can really add is that i remember getting servicing reminders from them for years after i got rid of the car, even though i told them i no longer had it.

robfal
14-Mar-08, 19:42
My last 3 new cars were bought from arnold clark in elgin also my fathers car was bought there no problems what so ever i have always delt with the manager at elgin and i will go back for my next car there to

martin macdonald
14-Mar-08, 19:48
Hi was just wondering what people think of the service arnold clark give?
I'm dealing with them just now and i'm getting slighlty sick of them! Was told the car should be ready by the wk'end but now it won't be to the start of the week!!

Dealt with them with the last car and there was nothing but hassle, had to wait year for a parcel shelf!! !!

If my service doesn't improve this time then i think it'll be the last time im using Uncle arnold!!

Any feedback would be great then when I go down tomorrow I can show them what the customers of caithness think of there service!! Good or Bad

Cheersyes and never again. i was told my car was to be on the road and could be picked up in two days i went and got insurance for the car and then was told it would take a week for my car to be on the road.i told them stuff it and went to another dealer[evil]

bobbyjoeufb
14-Mar-08, 20:02
I have bought two brand new cars from Arnold Clark, they gave a great service when selling the car but did not give a monkeys when they developed faults.

The first one had a faulty gear box after 6 months which came down to a tooth breaking off one of the cogs in the differental and they were just going to replace the faulty cog. Had a good screaming match about that one untill they agreed to replace the whole gear box.

Unfortunatly I bought a second car and had problems with it from day one. Exhaust was bouncing off the rear bumper as it had been postitioned wrong and when I pulled up to a junction at idle the revs kept going up and down on there own. At about a year old my father borrowed the car and came back saying that there was a knocking nosie when turning the steering, on inspection I found the front coil spring had snapped, I called Arnold Clark who could not advise if this would be repaired under warrantee and would not arrange for the car to be picked up, so I had to drive it carefully to Inverness and got it repaired under warrantee.

After that did not go back to Arnold Clark and went to Macre and Dick, which I can say are just as bad! Brand New car which has been checked to make sure every thing was okay, Driving home from Inverness, 20 miles home it started to rain, so I turned the wipers on and found then found my boot opening on its own. Could not go back to garage as it was now closed so had to secure the boot and drive home, also found cd player to be faulty and a missing panel which covers the fuse box.

Rang the garage to complain and was advised that the wiper activating the boot is a know problem and should have been resolved before the car was sold to me! To make matters worse 3 weeks after buying my car Rover went bust and was no longer under warrantee. I had to pay to get the suppressor fitted to stop the boot opening on its own and after writting several letters of complaint and some 8 months later had the CD player replaced and a panel supplied by the garage.

dook
14-Mar-08, 23:06
I was meant to travel to Birmingham today to pick up a new car from Arnold Clark as it was £2k cheaper than Inverness. Settled on a price with the salesman that even included my fuel down and back. I was delighted until the manager came on and said I had to pay £1400 extra as the "junior" had got it wrong.

After a few choice words and major haggling I got the same offer then told him to stuff it and will go to Dumfries instead!!

It's a very good time to buy as getting close to the end of the financial year and targets have to be made.

Don't be afraid to walk away. You'll get a call back with a better offer guaranteed.

Rourkee
14-Mar-08, 23:19
It depends which branch you go. I have had no problems with Perth but would never go near the Inverness branch ever again.

dancingtaz13
14-Mar-08, 23:49
Ive bought from both Citroen & Peugeot Arnold Clark in Inverness and were fine. The car we got from the Citroen one was a week later than advised and we drove just out the courtyard area with no indicators working after their 72 point check!! Went straight back and i was sorted in 10mins and no problems since.
This is the 1st yr we have bought from a completely different company than Arnold Clark and might have to go to court to sort out the many problems we have with our new car & the salesman that ripped us off! :mad:

I now regret not staying with Mr Clark!

plank
15-Mar-08, 01:34
Personally I wouldn't advise anyone to use Arnold Clark unless they were the enemy.

I had major problems with them, moved heaven and earth to sell the car but once the first of many faults appeared they shirked and lied and tried to ignore me.

Did a google and wrote to Sir Arnold at his home address and low and behold he phoned me the next day and promised to get it sorted....then the trouble really started!!!

It took a lot of time and trouble to get things sorted, very basic things that should not have happened in the first place, my personal opinion is that they are no better than a dodgy arfur daley fly bye night!!

don't even bother to look there.

dragon
15-Mar-08, 13:56
I have to agree with most, arnold clark's service is terrible. The steering wrack went on our 53 plate citreon C3, the only option was to go to the Arnold Clark citreon garage in inverness. When we got back we realised something was right so went back to the local garage who noted A.C had forgotten to put a part back on. We're having trouble to arrange them to fix it. Would never use them again, it just seems all they want to do is sell the cars they don't give a monkeys about the aftercare. Also I would never buy a citreon again, this car has been nothing but trouble always something going wrong with it and its not an old car.

changilass
15-Mar-08, 14:00
We were planning on taking our C5 down to Inverness to be serviced, but think I will give it a miss.

Anyone know of anywhere that can re-set the computer on the C5 other than Arnold Clark??

Angela
15-Mar-08, 14:09
I bought a car from Arnold Clark in Edinburgh about 6 years ago.....never, never never again![evil]

Problems developed almost immediately and they had no interest whatsover in sorting them out. Their after sales service is a complete joke. [disgust]

bekisman
15-Mar-08, 15:02
Seem to remember a while back there was a site 'Arnold sucks'? but this now goes to an Adult site; anyone know where the site is now? - it was a huge site giving very detailed experiences with them..