PDA

View Full Version : Piercings

rob16d
13-Mar-08, 13:15
How many piercings do you have and what are they? This also is just a general threas about piercings. I predict this will be controversial!

mums angels
13-Mar-08, 13:20
None anymore as all closed up ..but have had up to 6 piercings in ear lobes at one time and two at top of ear .. and my belly button .

got hubby to pierce his eyebrow once ...he looked silly, he was way to clean cut at the time to pull it off.

i find nothing wrong with piercings , each to their own and all that ...the ones in earlobes that make a massive hole fasinate me though ...will they ever heal up ?

rob16d
13-Mar-08, 13:23
i find nothing wrong with piercings , each to their own and all that ...the ones in earlobes that make a massive hole fasinate me though ...will they ever heal up ?

They're called plugs. Depends on the elasticty of each individual's skin. Generally speaking they heal if they aren't streched over 8mm...I stretched mine to 8mm and it healed up in a few months.

highbury
13-Mar-08, 13:24
five, 4 ears (that'll be 2 in each not 4 ears), and eyebrow, had nose at one stage, looked a bit girly

rob16d
13-Mar-08, 13:33
Highbury I'm guessing you're a guy then!

What does everyone think on tongue piercings?

honey
13-Mar-08, 13:37
1 in each ear, thats more than enough for me...

my sister had 11 at one point tho.. and we had a right laugh when we went to go on a roller coaster just to see a sign saying

"for saftey purposes, please remove all piercings"...

you should have seen her face!! :lol:

floyed
13-Mar-08, 13:39
My right ear is peirced 3 times my left 4 times. Had my nose done and my belly button but got them both removed when was pregnant.

mums angels
13-Mar-08, 13:40
thanks rob ..always wandered if they would heal up .

as for tounge piercings ..not for me but have no problem about them on others ..nose piercings gross me out a bit though :lol:

rob16d
13-Mar-08, 13:43
Same here mumsangels....they gross me out too....they look like boogers!! ><

You thinking of stretching you're ear :P

justine
13-Mar-08, 13:49
got my left eyebrow, my nose, tongue, both ears, 6 right, and 5 left.....just investing in some piercing needles so i can do some more....already have a piercing gun....

rob16d
13-Mar-08, 13:50
1 in each ear, thats more than enough for me...

my sister had 11 at one point tho.. and we had a right laugh when we went to go on a roller coaster just to see a sign saying

"for saftey purposes, please remove all piercings"...

you should have seen her face!! :lol:

:lol: And did she remove all the piercings?

sweetpea
13-Mar-08, 13:51
Only got 3 holes in each ear, had nose done but took it out. Love piercings on other people though. Have you seen the bars that go through the skin, bit like putting a needle through cloth? I've seen them through the back of necks and on arms, they look really painful.

rob16d
13-Mar-08, 13:52
got my left eyebrow, my nose, tongue, both ears, 6 right, and 5 left.....just investing in some piercing needles so i can do some more....already have a piercing gun....

Cool! What you going for now....nipples! :lol:

Do you pierce for other people??? :D

rob16d
13-Mar-08, 13:54
Only got 3 holes in each ear, had nose done but took it out. Love piercings on other people though. Have you seen the bars that go through the skin, bit like putting a needle through cloth? I've seen them through the back of necks and on arms, they look really painful.

They're called surface piercings...some people get microdermal piercing...looks YUCK! They have an item of choice and the piercer inserts it under the skin....

porshiepoo
13-Mar-08, 14:30
got my ear pierced twice but that's it. I really don't like the look of other piercings but each to their own.
Donnalee1994 needs to come on and tell you about her piercings :eek:

newpark
13-Mar-08, 14:32
6 here. 3 in each ear. Used to have nose pierced and tops of ears but took them out.

alanatkie
13-Mar-08, 14:32
Got my ears pierced 3 times each.

Have to agree wi porchie - waiting for Donnalee to answer this thread :roll:

honey
13-Mar-08, 14:39
:lol: And did she remove all the piercings?

only the ones we could see...... ;)

mums angels
13-Mar-08, 14:44
Same here mumsangels....they gross me out too....they look like boogers!! ><

You thinking of stretching you're ear :P

eww absolutely not rob...they facinate me to look at but would never get one think they look wierd ..LOL

Jeid
13-Mar-08, 14:54
I've got both lobes stretched to 16mm and the top of my left ear pierced.

crashbandicoot1979
13-Mar-08, 15:12
I've got my tongue and bellybutton pierced, used to have my lip done but took it out.

I've got a "tragus" piercing in each ear, a "rook" piercing in my left ear, a normal hole in each lobe and a 10mm plug in each lobe.

Boozeburglar
13-Mar-08, 15:19
My lobes are now at the point I can actually step through them.

Thinking about getting my liver done.

My credibility is stretched so far I think I may need stitches.

Julia
13-Mar-08, 15:31
I have five in one ear, two in the other, ear cartilage, both tragi and tongue (always fancied a double) pierced. I used to have my eyebrow and labret pierced too, and my nose but I now think that looks minging. I wanted a Madonna but never got round to it

rob16d
13-Mar-08, 15:55
Madonna...don't you mean Munro?

Julia
13-Mar-08, 15:57
A Munro (or Marilyn) is the other side

balto
13-Mar-08, 16:14
noway in this world would i ever get anything pierced not even my ears ouch to much of a wimp for that.

rob16d
13-Mar-08, 16:26
A Munro (or Marilyn) is the other side

sorry julia! btw...justine will u pierce my tongue?

shhwelle
13-Mar-08, 17:03
What does everyone think on tongue piercings?

Tongue piercings are great, difficult to eat spag with first of all but you get used to it.

I have 5 in my ears but ive had my belly button and eyebrow done. They've closed up now though thinking of getting them re-done

:lol:

Hibeechick
13-Mar-08, 17:27
I have 5 in my right ear and 4 in my left ear and my right eyebrew pierced.

tan422
13-Mar-08, 18:25
I have 3 holes in each ear. I did have my eyebrow done but it fell out, tongue done but swallowed it and nose done but let it close up.

I would like my tongue done again and maybe another hole in each of my ears.

purplerain
13-Mar-08, 18:36
I've just got my ears peirced now, did get my tongue pierced in my younger days, I couldn't eat for a week afterwards my tongue was so swollen! Once the novelty wore off I took it out.

crashbandicoot1979
13-Mar-08, 21:22
I could never get my tongue pierced again. I've had it pierced for 10 years and I sometimes think about taking it out, but I know I could never stomach getting it done again if I wanted it. The mere thought makes me feel ill :eek:

Not that this should put anyone off getting their tongue pierced. I'm just a wimp.

donnalee1994
13-Mar-08, 21:36
got my ear pierced twice but that's it. I really don't like the look of other piercings but each to their own.
Donnalee1994 needs to come on and tell you about her piercings :eek:

Ok hear we go lol ive 6 in ma left ear 5 in ma right ear 1 in ma eyebrow,1 in ma tongue,1 in ma belly button,1 in ma nipple an 1 in ma well wont say on hear so use ur imagination lol ;)

young_fishin_neep
13-Mar-08, 21:48
i have my tounge peirced and the top of my left ear and both lobes and i used to have my belly button done but not anymore

kazzii xxxx

quiteone
13-Mar-08, 22:01
i had my ears pierced once but seldom wear earrings now if i do i have to repierce the hole which is really sore and then weeps for about a wk at the back of it and closes up again!!! the things women do for vanity :lol:

rob16d
13-Mar-08, 22:57
Hmmm...if justine won't pierce my tongue.....I'll just do it myself! lol ><

quiteone
13-Mar-08, 23:03
bit o ice to numb it ul be fine!! :lol:

rob16d
13-Mar-08, 23:11
bit o ice to numb it ul be fine!! :lol:

I know :Razz I've seen tons of mates perform self-piercing! lol! I just want someone else to do it so I have to put up with the pain instead of stopping when it gets sore!

quiteone
13-Mar-08, 23:15
i mind e lassies at school out wi needles to pierce and using snow to numb the pain!!! loads of blood which looked worse cos it was on the snow!!! oh the days :lol:

anneoctober
13-Mar-08, 23:35
Oh dear, I've come over all funny. WHY are you all being so brave? Had me ears pierced (just once in each lobe!) when I was 16 - NEVER again :eek: and I don't mind being called a wimp.............[para]

anneoctober
13-Mar-08, 23:37
I know :Razz I've seen tons of mates perform self-piercing! lol! I just want someone else to do it so I have to put up with the pain instead of stopping when it gets sore!
Rob, the PAIN factor is telling ye, dinna do it !!! :eek:

Julia
13-Mar-08, 23:41
Hmmm...if justine won't pierce my tongue.....I'll just do it myself! lol ><

I do hope you are joking, if you do want to get your tongue pierced you should really visit a certified piercer who knows what they are doing, there are risks that you could bleed uncontrollably, there is a risk of infection or you could even lose sensation in your tongue which also means losing your sense of taste, your tongue has a very high blood supply and attempting this yourself will only end in a visit to casualty. You will of course need to wait until you are 18 to have your tongue pierced professionally, considering anything else is just plain stoopid! ;)

dancingtaz13
13-Mar-08, 23:42
I have my ears pierced twice, my tongue pierced twice and my lip done.
Had my belly button done but that had to come out when i was pregnant. Had my eyebrow done too but that came out.

Would never regret getting any of them done.

Julia
13-Mar-08, 23:47
Oh dear, I've come over all funny. WHY are you all being so brave? Had me ears pierced (just once in each lobe!) when I was 16 - NEVER again :eek: and I don't mind being called a wimp.............[para]

It's certainly not brave considering piercing your own tongue, it ain't that straight forward, it has to be pierced at an angle so the barbell lies flat when you close your mouth and the piercing also has to miss the line in the centre. If Rob is indeed joking I promise to get off my soapbox!

TBH
14-Mar-08, 00:59
Rob is awful quiet, I wonder has he nailed his tongue to a coffee table or something?[lol]

rob16d
14-Mar-08, 09:04
Morning guys! I was only jokin Julia - would never do it myself!!! I know about how it needs to be pierced at the right angle etc.

TBH - lol! I should think not!

kellogs
14-Mar-08, 11:01
only my ears but when i am older i would like to get my belly button pierced.

candyfloss
14-Mar-08, 11:19
Stop now please, i'm starting to feel sick :eek: [lol]

justine
14-Mar-08, 11:24
sorry julia! btw...justine will u pierce my tongue?

sorry rob, dont do others. I am not qualified to do that, but what i choose to do on my self is up to me...I would love to start up piercing...

rob16d
14-Mar-08, 11:24
lol the 1st one is interesting....but the 2nd one is just purely disturbing!!!

Sapphire2803
14-Mar-08, 11:25
Yeuch!! That's just nasty... :eek:

rob16d
14-Mar-08, 11:35
Lets put it this way, if you are in any way bothered about pain, get someone else to do it.......I dont have a pain threshold, so i find it easy, also depends where you want to pierce...Freeze evreything, push quickly.....keep clean. or go to someone who knows what they are doing....

So if nobody is willing to do it for me and I have no pain threshold....should one just push the needle through as fast and hard as possible?

PS. LOL at sapphire...curiosity killed the cat! (look at your avatar!)

Sapphire2803
14-Mar-08, 11:36
LOL at sapphire...curiosity killed the cat! (look at your avatar!)

But, satisfaction brought him back!

justine
14-Mar-08, 12:11
So if nobody is willing to do it for me and I have no pain threshold....should one just push the needle through as fast and hard as possible?

PS. LOL at sapphire...curiosity killed the cat! (look at your avatar!)

sorry rob only advice is to go see someone who knows what they are doing...

rob16d
14-Mar-08, 12:12
Ok thanks anyway....needles are on ebay. 16G ....10 for £4.99!

justine
14-Mar-08, 12:15
yep and you can also get the full kit of clamps and corks......there is a full set for piercing and tattooing for 180 i think....not that i would go for it....done practice tatts on pig skin not to bad but prefer to go to my cousin who does them in bolton......thats why i have so many, they came from working with him, he would tatoo me if there was no-one in the shop....my parents paid for my last one...

rob16d
14-Mar-08, 15:08
Ah cool! So you can tatoo yourself!?!?! What does it feel like getting tattooed??

weeboyagee
14-Mar-08, 15:11
rob16d - you bad lad doing it yourself! :D

See my pm!

Holes make you leak. Hahahahaha!

WBG :cool:

sweetpea
14-Mar-08, 16:35
! What does it feel like getting tattooed??

It's just like a slight burning sensation. I got one on my foot a couple of weeks ago and to be honest it didn't hurt but as it started to heal it nipped a bit, the skin felt tight when it was forming a scab.

Pleeeease don't pierce yourself!!!

rob16d
14-Mar-08, 16:46
lol don't worry sweetpea! i was only jokin! Id NEVER pierce myself (except when I did my ear!)

sweetpea
14-Mar-08, 17:00
Ats ok then!! Had visions of a thread ' How do you stop bleeding?' lol

rob16d
14-Mar-08, 17:04
lol! I dunno....but I'm guessing the answer would be...phone 999!!!! well my answer!

quiteone
14-Mar-08, 18:25
lol rob mind and put yersel in e recovery position too :lol:

rob16d
15-Mar-08, 09:12
Oh quiteone, how could I forget that! And ABC! Airways Breathing Circulation!!

quiteone
15-Mar-08, 10:35
well rob seens how u know recovery, and abc, and the emergency services number............il pierce ur tongue :lol:;)

rob16d
15-Mar-08, 10:38
Bring it on!!! You and Justine should have a pierce-off!

quiteone
15-Mar-08, 20:02
yea u could get 2 piercings in ur tongue.............now thats unique cos i aint seen anyone wi 2!!!! if it all goes wrong u can save urself.................:lol::lol:

rob16d
16-Mar-08, 09:47
Just to clarify....I am NOT going to self pierce!

SNOWDOG
16-Mar-08, 11:07
Had my left loog done many, many moons ago!

rob16d
16-Mar-08, 12:58
lol get it redone then!