PDA

View Full Version : large black and white photo...

dessie
12-Mar-08, 21:45
xp problem

my daughter opened a picture months ago.its a full screen black and white photo. now everytime i switch the computer on this picture comes onto the screen..until the computer is ready to use.then it vanishes..and then when i close the comp it comes on again for a while..then vanishes just before i close the comp down..its very annoying and also i think its slowing it down...please help. thank you..

Bobinovich
12-Mar-08, 22:24
It sounds as though you've got a picture set as a background web page. To clear it, right click on a blank piece of desktop (not an icon) and click the Properties menu option.

Now click the Desktop tab and then the Customize Desktop button. Click the Web tab and you should see "My Current Home Page" in the main box - if it's ticked then take the tick out of it. If there are any other entries, click each in turn clicking the Delete button to the right in between.

Once you are left with just the "My Current Home Page" entry with no tick next to it, click the OK button and that *should* sort the problem.