PDA

View Full Version : 5 minute benefit check-up

Julia
12-Mar-08, 16:13
I found a clever wee site which uses a simple calcultor to check that you receive any and all benefits if you are entitled to them. It's completely anonymous. The calculator includes all the main benefits: Working Tax Credit; Council Tax and Housing Benefit; Pension Credit; Child Benefit; Child Trust Fund and Child Tax Credit.

www.entitledto.co.uk

JAWS
12-Mar-08, 16:19
Oh dear, Julia, that's rather risky. You'll have the "Everybody is living off my back" Brigade after you! :lol:

Julia
12-Mar-08, 16:33
I'm no scrounger, I had a job until the birth of my son and I fully intend to return to work ;)

It's not just benefits for the unemployed, it also checks working tax credit too.

Ash
12-Mar-08, 16:35
I'm no scrounger, I had a job until the birth of my son and I fully intend to return to work ;)

It's not just benefits for the unemployed, it also checks working tax credit too.

thanks for that julia xx

mums angels
12-Mar-08, 17:16
Oh look i could get 11.40 a year on tax credits based on when i have baby number 4 ..must run and claim for it :lol:

doubt its very acurate to be honest as i dont think it asks enough information and knowing the tax credit system if i did claim 11 pound they'd write to me at end of year and say i have to pay it back like they did once when i claimed £40 a month for 9 months

NickInTheNorth
12-Mar-08, 18:27
Oh look i could get 11.40 a year on tax credits based on when i have baby number 4 ..must run and claim for it :lol:

doubt its very acurate to be honest as i dont think it asks enough information and knowing the tax credit system if i did claim 11 pound they'd write to me at end of year and say i have to pay it back like they did once when i claimed £40 a month for 9 months

It's actually a very accurate calculator. Asks most of the relevant questions. As always it won't be perfect, but usually not far out.

Julia
12-Mar-08, 21:13
It's actually a very accurate calculator. Asks most of the relevant questions. As always it won't be perfect, but usually not far out.

I agree, it certainly worked my bit's and pieces out spot on. It does recommend you check it again every few months so as to keep up with current rates.

ciderally
12-Mar-08, 23:16
thats a handy site to have...thanks