PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted window.

scaraben
11-Mar-08, 19:40
I tried to send a message to lots of folk ( CC ) but it refused to go. I now have a window on my screen advising me that SOME ERRORS OCCURRED WHEN PROCESSING THE REQUEST and can't get rid of it. Can someone help me get rid of it please ? ( I am using Vista Op. system )

Bobinovich
11-Mar-08, 21:50
Restarting the PC should clear it hopefully.

scaraben
12-Mar-08, 00:18
NO .............. That does'nt help !

scaraben
12-Mar-08, 00:47
This is what my unwanted window states:

The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
The rejected e-mail address was 'recipient's e-mail address'. Subject 'Fw: 1 minute for breast cancer - Please do this, not mindless junk mail!...', Account: 'Hamish', Server: 'smtp.wanadoo.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '452 Error: too many recipients', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 452, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Metalattakk
12-Mar-08, 03:26
1. Firstly, can you obfuscate the email address in your post - blank it out or something? The last thing c*r*l at city of st andrews dot co dot uk needs is webcrawlers picking up her email address from here and spamming her mailbox to death. ;)

2. You're trying to send to too many addresses at the same time. You'll have to reduce the amount of recipients you're sending to. You can send in batches (10 or 15 at a time perhaps?) to get round this. Or, reading your original post again, maybe cut down on the amount of CC'd addresses?

From the Orange help pages (which seem to be offline just now....and don't get me started on Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange... [evil])

Article ID: kb5791

As a responsible provider we operate proactive mail management systems to protect both our own and other Internet users. This includes setting limits on the number of recipients per email. These restrictions may alter from time to time depending upon current user sending patterns. It's recommended that you don't use the service to send high volumes of email in one day. You should also avoid sending individual mails to bulk mailing lists. If you stick within a maximum limit of 20 or less recipients per mail, you should have no problems.

scaraben
12-Mar-08, 11:45
Yes, yes, yes, I own up ! :( I KNOW what I have done wrong I should not have sent so many on CC
What I want to know is how to get rid of this blessed annoying window with its message to me, copy of content see earlier message.

blueivy
12-Mar-08, 12:03
Yes, yes, yes, I own up ! :( I KNOW what I have done wrong I should not have sent so many on CC
What I want to know is how to get rid of this blessed annoying window with its message to me, copy of content see earlier message.

Delete the message from your Outbox.

Everytime you go to Send/Receive it will try and send it, fail, and then try again the next time.

scaraben
12-Mar-08, 16:52
Thank you Blue Ivy, actually I tumbled to the answer to my problem myself before I read your message. However I would just like to say that I really appreciate your willingness to advise ( I think you run an IT business am I right ? ) all the more generous of you to give your expertise on this forum so readily.

blueivy
12-Mar-08, 16:59
Thank you Blue Ivy, actually I tumbled to the answer to my problem myself before I read your message. However I would just like to say that I really appreciate your willingness to advise ( I think you run an IT business am I right ? ) all the more generous of you to give your expertise on this forum so readily.

Thanks for your kind words Scaraben! It is appreciated.

I do run an IT business based in Wick with customers as far away as Glasgow and Aberdeen, but I like to help out where I can. I used to contribute here a lot but have had to scale it back due to work commitments, however I am trying to make more time available for the forum here as it keeps me on my toes :-)

Glad you got it sorted in the end!