PDA

View Full Version : Spring Is In The Air

Kevin Milkins
11-Mar-08, 19:13
Spring is my favourite time of year and I have been out and about today and it feels very spring like.
On the way up to the police station in Wick the Daffs are starting to bloom on the grass verge.
Up in the woods at Milton the birds were in full song and some collecting nesting material. And sat here now at 18-15 looking out of the window and its still light and not raining. Such a lot to look foward to.

unicorn
11-Mar-08, 19:15
Don't be taken in and fooled :lol: I am sure mother nature has more nasties up her sleeve for us :roll:

Metalattakk
11-Mar-08, 19:21
Aye, still got the "Shochad Storms" and the "Gobs o' May" to come yet. If spring has sprung, it's in for a shock. :D

Kevin Milkins
11-Mar-08, 19:22
Days like today does give you a bit of a lift though ,especialy when they are having it rough down south. I have no doubt we will have some more stinkers, but at least the nights are drawing out.

unicorn
11-Mar-08, 19:31
It is lovely when the days start to stretch and you feel like you are getting a few extra hours each day :D

karia
11-Mar-08, 19:39
Daffs are in full bloom down here and the birdsong at 5 am is wonderful to hear...but oh that rain!:eek:

Kevin Milkins
11-Mar-08, 19:43
Daffs are in full bloom down here and the birdsong at 5 am is wonderful to hear...but oh that rain!:eek:

I get the Dawn chorus every morning.

My wifes name is Dawn, and boy does she snore.LOL

Lavenderblue2
11-Mar-08, 19:57
Yes it is good to feel spring in the air, I love to see the days getting longer.

Not long now 'till 30th March when the clocks 'spring forward' ! :)

LB

magtomich
11-Mar-08, 23:17
Spring is my favourite time of year. Seeing my little bit of garden coming to life after the winter makes me feel so good.

trix
12-Mar-08, 15:14
aye, spring is ma favourite time o' year asweel.

i love walkin til ma work an checkin oot all 'e peoples gairdens, 'e trees an 'e bushes are fairly comin on now too.

if ye listen carefully, ye can nearly hear 'e earth wakenin up efter it's long sleep...

weel, if ye can hear o'er 'e soon' o' win' an' rain batterin' o' 'e window :roll:

aye, it'l get worse afore it gets better....

unicorn
12-Mar-08, 15:20
yup some nasties out there today :lol:

Ash
12-Mar-08, 15:21
weather is depressing, im inside in the warm, got the cold and swollen glands, feel awful :(

karia
12-Mar-08, 15:28
[quote=trix;357082if ye listen carefully, ye can nearly hear 'e earth wakenin up efter it's long sleep.....[/quote]

Let's hope it doesn't feel the need to yawn and scratch itself or we're all in trouble!:eek:;)

trix
12-Mar-08, 15:31
poor ash...hope ye feel better soon

im on bloomin holiday an its too cowld til go anywhere

mind ye, sayin 'at, am fair delited, i da really want til go anywhere an what better an excuse than 'e weather? ;)

ps - least am no sittin in ma goony a'day.....i did get dressed :Razz

JAWS
12-Mar-08, 15:59
Winter can't be over, we haven't had the Lambing Blizzards yet! :lol: