PDA

View Full Version : Food Bins in Wick for cats

KCI
11-Mar-08, 19:06
Are there still bins/boxes available in Wick if you want to donate cat food to cat charities?

I thought there was one in Pets At Home, but when I went in to look, it was just for dog food?

I have 2.5 very fussy cats, and end up with sachets/tubs of food that they refuse to eat! :roll:

attidude9464
11-Mar-08, 19:44
Balmore Animal Welfare Centre would be more than delighted to accept any donations of dog or cat food. Please phone 01847861386 to ask the Inspector to collect it Cheers

crashbandicoot1979
11-Mar-08, 20:57
Theres a box in Somerfield for cat food

neepnipper
11-Mar-08, 23:15
The one in Pets at Home is for cats and dogs, the cats protection regularly collect from it, it just has the Pedigree banner on at the moment as Pedigree are doing an adoption promotion.

Liz
11-Mar-08, 23:24
Cats Protection are very grateful for the food which people kindly donate at Pets At Home.

It costs a lot of money to feed all the cats in our care and this has been a great help.

So KCI we will be very grateful for the food your fussy cats reject!:lol:

I know what it's like as my three are the fussiest cats ever but I have four stray cats I feed and so what they won't eat is given to them. Cats Protection help as well.

KCI
12-Mar-08, 00:33
thanks for the info everyone.

So, if anyone has any spare cat food, you all know where to take it now! ;)

Wally seems to have decided he is too good for cat food now, and has moved on to a diet of ham and chicken, so it looks like I will have a lot of spare cat food to give away! :roll:

KCI
12-Mar-08, 23:24
The one in Pets at Home is for cats and dogs, the cats protection regularly collect from it, it just has the Pedigree banner on at the moment as Pedigree are doing an adoption promotion.

Sorry, just noticed your post!
We went in there a few weeks ago, but were told that it was just for dog food! That's where the confusion started, as I had left cat food there before, but we were told no!
Anyway, thanks for that - I'll be dropping off loads of cat food at the weekend! :D

floyed
13-Mar-08, 13:25
I am sure there is one in somerfields.

Liz
13-Mar-08, 14:46
I am sure there is one in somerfields.

I think that is for the SSPCA?

Cats Protection only get the food from Pets At Home.

Liz
15-Mar-08, 13:55
The food bin at Pets At Home has been changed to one for dogs? Even though cat food is still accepted isn't this going to be a bit confusing?

neepnipper
15-Mar-08, 14:14
The bin that's there now will soon be going, Pedigree are doing a Support Adoption Campaign for dogs and Pets at Home are supporting it.

Although the bin has Pedigree and dogs on it Pets at Home will accept any pet food in it.

The usual Pets at Home charity bin will be going back out again soon.

Liz
15-Mar-08, 19:03
Thanks ever so much for clarifying the situation Neepnipper.

Much appreciated!:D

attidude9464
15-Mar-08, 22:48
Can you tell me where the dog food is donated to? Thanks

neepnipper
15-Mar-08, 23:01
It is usually collected by the Scottish SPCA for use at Balmore, but is available to any animal charity.

attidude9464
15-Mar-08, 23:26
Thanks for the reply. I am glad that the food goes to Balmore when you see the picture on the thread about the Firewalk. They do a great job in looking after all the cruely treated and neglegted animals of Scotland