PDA

View Full Version : Rob16d Isnt He A Treasure?

STUDMUFFIN
11-Mar-08, 14:02
What A Grand Boy Rob Is. Joins In And Talks Way Beyond His Years. Keep It Coming Wee Man, You Are A Treasure.

justine
11-Mar-08, 14:07
one has to agree, rob knows how to cheers people up....:lol: studmuffin..May i also wish you and the furtue mrs studmuffin well for tomorrow.....:)..

Sapphire2803
11-Mar-08, 14:07
I think we should all adopt him, like a panda ;)

KCI
11-Mar-08, 14:08
I suppose we all have our own definition of the word "treasure".

I think my definition is different to yours! ;)

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 14:10
*blushes* I talk beyond my years.... :) I never expected this thread! Really cheered me up! I seem to have managed to settle onto the org really quickly...cheers guys!

KCI....do you mean you don't like me? :(

Boozeburglar
11-Mar-08, 14:16
Settle in?

You have painted, put up curtains, changed the bleedin carpet and keep playing the same darn CD!

:)

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 14:17
Booze....I don't understand.....I know that you mean I've settled in well....but are you saying it as a good thing or a bad thing?

Sapphire2803
11-Mar-08, 14:28
*blushes* I talk beyond my years.... I never expected this thread! Really cheered me up! I seem to have managed to settle onto the org really quickly...cheers guys!

KCI....do you mean you don't like me?

Oi! Go away you, we're talking about you, not to you! ;)

Before this thread goes any further Rob, I'd just like to remind you that nobody is liked by everybody and gues what??!!

It doesn't matter!! Not even a tiny, teeny bit.

Lots of people don't like me and in the words of Katherine Tate, that great philosopher of our time.....

Am I bovvered?? :lol:

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 14:32
Sorry sapphire...Im off! lol

Liz
11-Mar-08, 14:35
Yes Rob is a smashing lad and I really admire him for setting up home on his own at his age. He is a breath of fresh air on the org!

scorrie
11-Mar-08, 14:39
Booze....I don't understand.....I know that you mean I've settled in well....but are you saying it as a good thing or a bad thing?

I'd guess that it is a Quality/Quantity ratio thing ;)

trix
11-Mar-08, 14:42
water of a ducks back rob - go an hev a snooze ;):lol:

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 15:06
Ooops I'm not supposed to be here! lol

Liz
11-Mar-08, 15:10
Ooops I'm not supposed to be here! lol

You just can't resist can you?!!!lol Now don't be getting a big heid with all this praise!!!

Saveman
11-Mar-08, 15:12
Rob who? ;)

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 15:41
Liz... my head is currently the size of a peanut!

honey
11-Mar-08, 15:52
Yes Rob is a smashing lad and I really admire him for setting up home on his own at his age. He is a breath of fresh air on the org!

and takes pride in his home. He really breaks away from the stereotype of "teenagers" today.. i was actually thinking this the other day... (i dont know "why" hes living on his own, and dont want to pry).. but he must be making someone proud with his attitude to life!

MadPict
11-Mar-08, 15:53
So who of this newly formed fan club is going to send him some food so he doesnt have to eat the cats...

ciderally
11-Mar-08, 15:55
we couldent really do without him....yea lets adopt him...xx

trix
11-Mar-08, 15:56
i tak'id it isna gona be ye madpict...?? :lol:

honey
11-Mar-08, 15:57
So who of this newly formed fan club is going to send him some food so he doesnt have to eat the cats...

dont need to, hes gonna have mice and tatties!! :lol:

unicorn
11-Mar-08, 16:18
I think he is doing great and I hope if "friends" come a knocking thinking they have a cool place to make a mess and hang out he still has enough sense to send them off with a flea in their ear!!

MadPict
11-Mar-08, 16:19
i tak'id it isna gona be ye madpict...?? :lol:

If I could understand what you said I'd answer - I'll just go with YES/NO/UNDECIDED*

*Delete as applicable

unicorn
11-Mar-08, 16:21
I will translate trix said "I take it, it is not going to be you Madpict"

changilass
11-Mar-08, 16:23
I don't care how nice everyone thinks he is, he aint getting my stew and dumplins, I been looking forward to it all day.

golach
11-Mar-08, 16:36
I don't care how nice everyone thinks he is, he aint getting my stew and dumplins, I been looking forward to it all day.
Not getting my Tattie Soup either, but you can have some Changilass [lol]

dandod
11-Mar-08, 17:12
very refreshing to see such a young lad with such a wise head on his shoulders.to be living on your own at such a young age and doing it really well is something you should be really proud of. stay positive.

horseman
11-Mar-08, 17:30
I have a g'son ages with you rob an like you ==he is the bees nees!!!
All power to your elbow-- an all other important bits as well:D

Julia
11-Mar-08, 17:34
What A Grand Boy Rob Is. Joins In And Talks Way Beyond His Years. Keep It Coming Wee Man, You Are A Treasure.

Just a thought, Rob could be an elderly grandmother having a rare old laugh at us all! [lol] Anyone could be anyone one on this old thing

Julia
11-Mar-08, 17:40
If I could understand what you said I'd answer - I'll just go with YES/NO/UNDECIDED*

*Delete as applicable

Have you ever read anything by Irvine Welsh, it's helped me a lot with Trix's posts LOL

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 18:03
Julia loved your 2nd last post! Thankd guys! Can I ask studmuffin, what made you want to start this thread? *blush*

STUDMUFFIN
11-Mar-08, 19:09
Julia loved your 2nd last post! Thankd guys! Can I ask studmuffin, what made you want to start this thread? *blush*

where i am from all boys your age are dicks, out fighting,drinking, womanising
etc, it makes a pleasant change to watch you post with positive rather than negative input. i was brought up to respect others as you seem to do.

Boozeburglar
11-Mar-08, 19:15
Rob could be an elderly grandmother having a rare old laugh at us all!

Another one?

;)

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 19:26
Awwww thanks studmuffin! Everyone is very nice!

En francais:

Awwww merci studmuffin! Tout le monde sont tres gentile!

TBH
11-Mar-08, 21:38
where i am from all boys your age are dicks, out fighting,drinking, womanising
etc, it makes a pleasant change to watch you post with positive rather than negative input. i was brought up to respect others as you seem to do.Lybster is hardly the bronx.

dragonfly
11-Mar-08, 21:50
knowing Rob personally (well in as much as seeing him disappear up the stairs with my daughter on an occasion) I can vouch that he is who he says he is ;) and hats off to you Rob, you certainly seem to have your head screwed on and you are still in school, not an easy task managing to study for exams and having to keep house at the same time

Julia
11-Mar-08, 22:05
knowing Rob personally (well in as much as seeing him disappear up the stairs with my daughter on an occasion) snip

I hope he's only helping her with her homework ;)

dragonfly
11-Mar-08, 22:08
or helping her tidy her room ;)

balto
11-Mar-08, 22:08
oh I Think He Is Brill Just The Things He Says Brightens Up My Day Keep It Up Rob.

karia
11-Mar-08, 22:15
We have at least 4 sixteen year olds on the org and they disabuse the present bad press about 'teenagers' a hundredfold.

Good on you all and don't believe your detractors ..any of you.

You are all so much more mature, responsible and funny than we were at your age and we salute you.

Now go clean your room!;)

Kxx

weeboyagee
11-Mar-08, 22:17
I disappear for a few months and come back and find a 16yr old whippersnapper has stole my thunder.... who is this rob16d??? I wanna know more bout this guy.... ;)

WBG :cool:

sam
11-Mar-08, 22:17
And those 4 sixteen year olds are a lot more maturer than most of the supposed adults on the org;)

sam
11-Mar-08, 22:19
I disappear for a few months and come back and find a 16yr old whippersnapper has stole my thunder.... who is this rob16d??? I wanna know more bout this guy.... ;)

Jeez weeboyagee have you been in hibernation lol?

NLP
11-Mar-08, 22:29
Rob16d seems to have a good head on his shoulders and doing well for someone so young, a credit to his folks.

weeboyagee
11-Mar-08, 22:54
Jeez weeboyagee have you been in hibernation lol?

Hibernation? Nope - just away a lot,..... hopefully home for a while but off a bit still in the next few weeks! What's been happening?.... must not disappear for so long - letting these 16yr olds in heh-heh!

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 22:54
*BLUSH BIG STYLE* This is soooo embarassing! Dragonfly!!! You should be ashamed of yourself! You should know about my preferences regarding gender :P ! As for everyone else...thanks guys....you all brighten up my day...was feeling so bad this morn now i cant stop smiling!!!!

weeboyagee
11-Mar-08, 23:01
Awwww thanks studmuffin! Everyone is very nice!

En francais:

Awwww merci studmuffin! Tout le monde sont tres gentile!

Agus de tha sin anns a Ghaidhlig a bhalaich?..... tha sinn uile gle shnog!!!!

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 23:03
Sacre bleu! Je ne comprend pas car c'est tout étranger!!! D'accord, je suis un idiot!

karia
11-Mar-08, 23:05
Rob...no other Orger in living memory has been so welcomed..don't milk it!:D

And save it for the backlash years..may they be a long time a coming!;)

Kxxx

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 23:07
Thanks Karia...sorry can I ask about your avatar....it's SO nice!!!

Backlash years....sound sore .... lol

x

weeboyagee
11-Mar-08, 23:08
Chan e idiot a th'annads' idir! Direadh facal no dha anns a Ghaidhlig a charaid!

Trans....You're no idiot at all! Just a word or two in Gaelic my friend....balances up the linguistic skills in the county pal!

weeboyagee
11-Mar-08, 23:10
Erm,...... nice avatars?...... ahem,.... cough,......

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 23:10
Hehe! Well done! Why is everyone being so nice to me? (except madpict lol!)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 23:15
Erm,...... nice avatars?...... ahem,.... cough,......

What's this supposed to mean young man??

x

TBH
11-Mar-08, 23:16
siamo tutti gli idioti

bobandag16
11-Mar-08, 23:16
*BLUSH BIG STYLE* This is soooo embarassing! Dragonfly!!! You should be ashamed of yourself! You should know about my preferences regarding gender :P ! As for everyone else...thanks guys....you all brighten up my day...was feeling so bad this morn now i cant stop smiling!!!!
could become a pain in the neck .clever deyond your age . as your teacher says could better.:D

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 23:24
could become a pain in the neck .clever deyond your age . as your teacher says could better.:D

R u saying im im too clever for my own good :Razz

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 23:26
siamo tutti gli idioti

We are all idiots :P

weeboyagee
11-Mar-08, 23:37
What's this supposed to mean young man??

x

Erm,...... maybe referring to another nice avatar! ;)

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 23:41
Is that YOUR car in the avatar!!!!

Thumper
11-Mar-08, 23:43
Nope...all men of older status want a car like that Rob ;) [lol]...err sorry WBG x

weeboyagee
11-Mar-08, 23:46
Is that YOUR car in the avatar!!!!

Erm,....maybe ;) Thumper......jealous?......

Thumper
11-Mar-08, 23:49
Erm,....maybe Thumper......jealous?......

WBG

sheesh WBG my car is way better ;) and if alice is telling the truth I have a few years til catch ye up :lol:x

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 23:55
WBG thats not your car!

weeboyagee
12-Mar-08, 00:02
Erm,.... ach,... I won't wind you up - am afraid it is. Back in the county this weekend after a winter break.

rob16d
12-Mar-08, 00:04
Can I have your car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liz
12-Mar-08, 00:23
Rob can you please clear your inbox of all your fan mail as I have tried to send you a pm and your inbox is full!

rob16d
12-Mar-08, 00:27
Haha said fan mail is now disposed of....I cried and cried....the evidence of my fame has been destoyed! *faints*

weeboyagee
12-Mar-08, 00:27
Can I have your car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me see - erm,... need to think about that one. About the 100th offer, but I'll think on it. :D

rob16d
12-Mar-08, 00:29
Let me see - erm,... need to think about that one. About the 100th offer, but I'll think on it. :D

YAY! I can't believe you're considering it! *whispers" loser! LOL

Liz
12-Mar-08, 00:29
Haha said fan mail is now disposed of....I cried and cried....the evidence of my fame has been destoyed! *faints*

Ah fame is such a fleeting thing! Still the memory lingers on...........

weeboyagee
12-Mar-08, 00:30

Don't let it go to your head pal! Who are the fans?... yawn.....zzzzzzz

rob16d
12-Mar-08, 00:39
HAHA! A secret club who follow my every move!!! must go to bed now bye xx

justine
12-Mar-08, 12:24
can i ask how all this posting affects your school work,

rob16d
12-Mar-08, 12:25
It's not :) !!!

justine
12-Mar-08, 12:27
only asking as you seem to do alot of posting and you must be tryng to balance your schoolwork around it....what subjects do you take....

angela5
12-Mar-08, 12:43
only asking as you seem to do alot of posting and you must be tryng to balance your schoolwork around it....what subjects do you take....

How someone juggles their school work around posting on the org is their own business. That's like someone asking you how you juggle your kids and housework around all the posting you do! You'd tell them to mind their own.

weeboyagee
12-Mar-08, 12:45
Yeah - leave the lad alone - it's his life - none of our business! Don't want him to think he is popular do we?

justine
12-Mar-08, 12:48
maybe your right...Just asked...I have nothing against rob and he knows that, maybe it the maternal side of me thinking he should be studying...Me i just post around doing my chores, and my kids are sat here with me, in fact my little one is on my knee as we speak.....i have been dong my studies on history, thats why i am not posting, so much..I have contacted college and seen about home placements for my studies, just waiting for a reply.....

rob16d
12-Mar-08, 13:06
Awwww thanks for caring justine! :) My shoulder is agony....*takes some diclofenac*

justine
12-Mar-08, 13:30
maybe you should try some heat gel for that sholder rob....gets right to the source of the pain....;)

rob16d
12-Mar-08, 13:36
Liz is VERY kindly sending me some aribica gel (sp?)! Thanks Liz! And thanks Justine for advising it! The weather is ghastly! I'm sitting here at home doing studying...even though my exams have been postponed untill next year! Grr!

justine
12-Mar-08, 13:42
god, bet thats annoying..remember i could not wait to get my exams over with, cant imagine what it be like to be told you will have to wait......Well atleast you will have moe time to put in your studies....
Hope the gel works......i know i use it for my knee when that starts..I had it removed when i was 25 after falling down 27 concrete steps and ripping it open...Did a neat job with it but in the winter it hurts like mad....

rob16d
12-Mar-08, 14:39
Ouch sounds sore justine! :'(

dessie
12-Mar-08, 15:12
god loves you rod16..sorry about the rest of us ...lol...only..joking bro....[lol]

trix
12-Mar-08, 15:16
stay cool rob ;)

garble
12-Mar-08, 15:54
How come your exams have been postponed a year?

rob16d
12-Mar-08, 16:02
Beacuse I've moved out and loads of personal personal stuff has happened.

sweetpea
12-Mar-08, 16:15
Beacuse I've moved out and loads of personal personal stuff has happened.

Rob, please don't let any of that get in the way of your future. It would be easy to give up but what's a year at your age? Nothing! Don't let it get you down. Are your teachers sympathetic to your situation?

rob16d
12-Mar-08, 16:25
Ok thanks! Some of the teachers are helpful...some aren't...!

Highland Laddie
12-Mar-08, 16:46

By you are a treasure !!!!

do you mean he should be buried somewhere ???:D

rob16d
12-Mar-08, 16:47
OMG dont be so nasty! :'( LOL i know you're kidding!

Highland Laddie
12-Mar-08, 16:51
OMG dont be so nasty! :'( LOL i know you're kidding!

Yes, i am kidding Rob :lol:

rob16d
12-Mar-08, 17:29
LOL! >< Good! Otherwise I would cyber-cry!

ExoticQueen
15-Mar-08, 00:20
good for you rob i think am going to have to adopt you as well keep up the good work ur an inspiration to us all that u young ones very few really know how to survive without older people being around feel free to ask me any advice when you want will always try to help you if i can keep smiling :D

rob16d
15-Mar-08, 09:20
Thanks queen and everyone! You are ALL too nice to me!

rob16d
15-Mar-08, 15:10
Ermmmmm so...to conclude....NO! ROB16D ISN'T A TREASURE!

weeboyagee
15-Mar-08, 16:28
Eh? What you sayin that for Rob lad? :D

rob16d
15-Mar-08, 18:40
Because it's true!

sweetpea
15-Mar-08, 19:34
Don't put yourself down Rob lad, plenty others in queue waiting to do that!

DeHaviLand
15-Mar-08, 19:56
Its ok, he's just trying to keep this thread open. Oops :)

ExoticQueen
15-Mar-08, 21:11
Thanks queen and everyone! You are ALL too nice to me!
you deserve it ur a lovely lad keep smiling and your doing a grand job off your life,good things are yet too come.:lol:

karia
15-Mar-08, 23:01
you deserve it ur a lovely lad keep smiling and your doing a grand job off your life,good things are yet too come.:lol:

Time to fly from this Welcome Thread now though rob,..ye are loved!

Avanti! ;)

rob16d
16-Mar-08, 09:49
Its ok, he's just trying to keep this thread open. Oops :)

No I'm not! :~(

ywindythesecond
16-Mar-08, 22:42
No I'm not! :~(
I see from your profile that you are a student. What are you studying, and when do you find the time to do it?
ywy2

rob16d
17-Mar-08, 09:10
I'm studying maths, english, french, chemistry and biology...all at higher level. I don't have time....that's why I'm resittign next year. :(

Venture
17-Mar-08, 09:44
I'm studying maths, english, french, chemistry and biology...all at higher level. I don't have time....that's why I'm resittign next year. :(

These are hard subjects Rob. I thought the highers were May this year. If you're resitting does that mean you sat them last year at 15. You must be brainy:eek:. You'll have to get yourself a study plan and cut down on the gossiping here. Mind you if I were you I know which Id find more interesting and it definitely wouldn't be chemistry. Keep studying it will pay off in the end.

rob16d
17-Mar-08, 09:47
Thanks venture! :) I am resitting next year...so not actually sitting 'em this year....almost doesn't seem worth studying for the rest of this year!

Venture
17-Mar-08, 10:18
Thanks venture! :) I am resitting next year...so not actually sitting 'em this year....almost doesn't seem worth studying for the rest of this year!
You just have to span it out over the year and try and resist the org and any other distractions. Hope you dont have an account on bebo or facebook as well.:lol:

justine
17-Mar-08, 10:22

Its alwys worth studying Rob...You will get nowhere without qualifications, but even these days you can be over educated..........:eek:Hope you will le us know when you do sit them so we can wish you luck......Thats what i keep telling my teens anyway......

rob16d
17-Mar-08, 10:25
Thanks Justine and Venture! I will be sitting them May 2009.....So work starts for those exams after summer. So there isn't really much point studying this year...

Flair
17-Mar-08, 16:21
I suppose we all have our own definition of the word "treasure".

I think my definition is different to yours! ;)

Have to side with that. I don't think having a mouth on you is always a good thing. Spend more time working than slevering on here and you wouldn't need to resit.

weeboyagee
17-Mar-08, 16:29
Have to side with that. I don't think having a mouth on you is always a good thing. Spend more time working than slevering on here and you wouldn't need to resit.
Hmm,.. thoughtless comment. Maybe there's more to it than you have concluded Flair. It's his life - let him make of it as he sees fit and not as how you see fit. A lot on here see him as contributing well beyond his young years - you see him as "slevering"? I can point you in the direction of a whole load of others well beyond HIS years and making a damn site better job of slevering than his contributions.

Flair
17-Mar-08, 16:35
It's his life - let him make of it as he sees fit and not as how you see fit.

I not saying he has to do anything, he can do whatever he wants, doesn't affect me. Still, nothing wrong with a bit of harmless experienced advice. You don't want to be resitting things when it can be avoided. Believe me, I know. I learned that one the hard way.

There's a fine line between "contribution" and "posting for the sake of it". And when you've got nearly 1000 posts in about a month I think you've slightly overstepped the contribution stage. :Razz

Boozeburglar
17-Mar-08, 16:57
If you sat Highers at 15 in Thurso you must be featured in the news somewhere. I am sure I would have read about it.

I have a pal teaching there; I shall ask if such a hot housing route to the Highers is made available to 'special' kids. I wonder why it was not in my day; I would surely have benefitted from it.

rob16d
17-Mar-08, 17:04
If you sat Highers at 15.

No I didn't sit highers at 15...I'm sitting them next year because I'm resitting from this year.

You don't want to be resitting things when it can be avoided. I think you've slightly overstepped the contribution stage. :Razz

Resitting cannot be avoided in my circumstances. I think you've overstepped being polite.

Spend more time working than slevering on here and you wouldn't need to resit.

Yes I would need to resit, the decision to resit was taken before I even joined caithness.org so I suggest you keep your ideas to yourself.

rob16d
17-Mar-08, 17:06
Weeboyagee, at least you aren't a rude, thoughtless, unsociable keyboard warrior.

mums angels
17-Mar-08, 17:11
If you sat Highers at 15 in Thurso you must be featured in the news somewhere. I am sure I would have read about it.

I have a pal teaching there; I shall ask if such a hot housing route to the Highers is made available to 'special' kids. I wonder why it was not in my day; I would surely have benefitted from it.

I may be wrong but i think that what rob meant is that he would have been sitting them this year (age 16) but for some reason has decided to leave it until next year .. My brother in-laws girlfriend was 15 while studying for highers but turned 16 before the prelims .

rob16d
17-Mar-08, 17:13
I may be wrong but i think that what rob meant is that he would have been sitting them this year (age 16) but for some reason has decided to leave it until next year .. My brother in-laws girlfriend was 15 while studying for highers but turned 16 before the prelims .

You're correct mums angels, thanks :)

Boozeburglar
17-Mar-08, 17:37
OK I understand.

For the sake of clarity you should perhaps not say 'resitting' as it suggests you have already sat.

For the purposes of entry to some of the more demanding university courses it is taken into account whether you pass or achieve your final grade at first sitting.

It is wise in light of this to delay sitting such important exams rather than leave yourself a mountain to climb.

You are very fortunate to have a year to catch up, use it well.

:)

cd1977
17-Mar-08, 17:44
"Slevering" - what a classic word that is. We should be using that a lot more often to describe public figures.

e.g. Alec Salmond = slever. Tom Cruise = slever. You get the drift.

This deserves a thread to itself :cool:

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 00:18
Yeah, VERY classy!