PDA

View Full Version : Bad day...... :(

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 07:59
Morning folks....

I don't know what happened but I have some kind of burn in my throat....
My cat bit my lip....
My latop keyboard is broken.....
My sore shoulder is acting up again...
The imersion tank never came on last night so I can't have a bath...

HELP!!! :~(

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 08:19
Obviously nobody sypathises.... :(

Lavenderblue2
11-Mar-08, 08:29
Aah, there, there, Rob - people do care but they are all rushing around getting ready for work etc.

Can you not switch on the imersion heater for half an hour so as you can get a bath? That may help your sore shoulder too.

Keep your lip clean - cat bites can be dangerous - be careful. Have you had your cats vaccinated?

I can't advise about the keyboard I'm afraid.

Have a good day.

LB :)

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 08:32
Thanks LB!

That's cheered me up already!

Imersion is on now, gonna take some painkillers.

I think my kitties are vaccinated....I hope...

Getting a replacement keyboard.....for £40! :(

What's on yourself today LB? :)

lassieinfife
11-Mar-08, 09:55
40 quid ........ is it gold plated?;);)

Thumper
11-Mar-08, 10:10
On the brightside Rob....the day can only get better! ;) x

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 10:19
Lassieinfife, its a laptop keyboard, they have more work put in them.

Thumper...I doubt it can :(

Ash
11-Mar-08, 10:21
i know how u feel rob... ive woken up today with yet another cold, and sore throat, and when being mummy you cant just stay in bed... wee one had to be taken to nursery, i feel crap!!!!:~(

Thumper
11-Mar-08, 10:23
We all get bad days Rob....the trick is not to let it get to you....keep smiling Hun x

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 10:25
Ash you should go back to bed? Or have some strong coffee?

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 10:27
We all get bad days Rob....the trick is not to let it get to you....keep smiling Hun x

I can't smile today, I feel reayy yuckky! Well Thumper how's your day? Thanks for trying to cheer me up!

Ash
11-Mar-08, 10:34
Ash you should go back to bed? Or have some strong coffee?

it will be the coffee as pick the wee one up at 11.30, thank you.... hope u feel better :D

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 10:35
it will be the coffee as pick the wee one up at 11.30, thank you.... hope u feel better :D

Well I'm sure the wee one will want a nap? You coukd have on at the same time? Thanks :)

Ash
11-Mar-08, 10:37
Well I'm sure the wee one will want a nap? You coukd have on at the same time? Thanks :)

haha if only, she never sleeps through the day, we have an open day today for a different nursery so busy day ahead

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 10:43
Well ash hope it goes well! I'm so hungry but got no food, what's the best way to get rid of hunger pains? lol :(

bekisman
11-Mar-08, 10:47
Keyboard £40!?
get a temp one; couple of quid; http://direct.tesco.com/q/N.1998633/No.20/Nr.99.aspx

Always handy for a standby..

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 10:50
Keyboard £40!?
get a temp one; couple of quid; http://direct.tesco.com/q/N.1998633/No.20/Nr.99.aspx (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://direct.tesco.com/q/N.1998633/No.20/Nr.99.aspx)

Always handy for a standby..

It's a laptop keyboard which is specific... Thanks for the link though :)

sweetpea
11-Mar-08, 12:02
Well ash hope it goes well! I'm so hungry but got no food, what's the best way to get rid of hunger pains? lol :(

Can you go and raid your Mum's cupboards? That's what I used to do. Like you I was in my own place at 16 and sometimes I lived on spaghetti hoops for weeks or cereal:(

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 12:21
Mum is at work just now and she took my keys off me for their house.

MadPict
11-Mar-08, 12:23
Quick girls, rustle him up a plate o mince and tatties...

sweetpea
11-Mar-08, 12:27
Aw believe me if I was in Thurso I would take you a food parcel. Nothing worse than being hungry. :(

golach
11-Mar-08, 12:27
Mum is at work just now and she took my keys off me for their house.
Well your Mum is not daft is she? [lol]

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 12:30
No she's not daft. and dont worry, i wouldnt accept a food parcel anwyay. but thanks :)

MadPict
11-Mar-08, 12:41
Seems like you have got your priorities all wrong.
You spend your money on 'luxury goods' yet you have no food in your house?
You don't need to have a vacuum cleaner. A pan and brush and dusters from Tesco would probably set you back a fiver.
You don't need a washing machine - wash your clothes in the sink and dry them outside. Caithness is a grand place to dry your laundry.
You can afford to pay for a phoneline, maybe even broadband, but you have no food in your cupboards?
You have a cat? You feed the cat?

Sounds like you should be reconsidering your abilitity to live independently...

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 12:51
The vacuum was free! The washing machine was cheap! and i have sensitive skin and all detergents that come into contact with me in solution give me rashes! I ahve 2 kittens, I feed them. I do have enough money for food it's just I put it in the bank!! Yoiu don't know the full situation so I suggest you don't say stuff like that.

MadPict
11-Mar-08, 12:56
The vacuum was free! The washing machine was cheap!
•and i have sensitive skin and all detergents that come into contact with me in solution give me rashes!
•I ahve 2 kittens, I feed them.
•I do have enough money for food it's just I put it in the bank!!
•Yoiu don't know the full situation so I suggest you don't say stuff like that.

You still need to pay for the electricity to run them.
Buy some rubber gloves.
2 cats? Double expense.
Money in the bank yet you starve?
I don't, but you come here asking for advice on everything else - I'm offering some advice on survival.

sweetpea
11-Mar-08, 12:57
Rob, everyone has to start somewhere and I commend you on your ability to look after yourself, from what you say on here I think your doing very well. It's not easy to start from nothing and at 16 yrs old. Some of us don't have the choice either. At least your not kipping on mates couches and scrounging of them as some do.
Keep up the good work, it will be worth it in the end.

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 12:58
MadPict....Why are you even saying that? I have the washing machine and vacuum now........what do you want me to do......get over it.

Sweetpea, thanks at least some people are being nice to me instead of criticsing and moaning about things I can't change.

MadPict
11-Mar-08, 13:11
rob,
Just stating facts. You move into your own place (full credit to you for doing that) but you have your priorities wrong.
You need to pay rent? First priority, unless you want to be living rough.
Second priority is food and water.

Everything else like Dysons, Hotpoints, TV, computer, kittens are luxury items. You can get by without these things. Sure they make life easier but they are not necessary to enable you to life independently.

If you cannot feed yourself for five pounds a week then there is something wrong. There are people who can feed a family of four for that.

Try here -
http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/40dollarmenu.htm

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 13:15
The dyson was free, I don't have a tv! I don't pay rent, council tax or water charges!

Anyway, all I meant in the first place was that I was hungry as I'd put my savings in the bank (need to save for uni to study dentistry).

Sapphire2803
11-Mar-08, 13:26
rob,
Just stating facts. You move into your own place (full credit to you for doing that) but you have your priorities wrong.
You need to pay rent? First priority, unless you want to be living rough.
Second priority is food and water.

Everything else like Dysons, Hotpoints, TV, computer, kittens are luxury items. You can get by without these things. Sure they make life easier but they are not necessary to enable you to life independently.

If you cannot feed yourself for five pounds a week then there is something wrong. There are people who can feed a family of four for that.

Try here -
http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/40dollarmenu.htm

£5 a week? In an emergency maybe... for one or two weeks then everyone would get very sick of cheap beans on toast and toast or bread and butter for every other meal.
8 years ago I was feeding a family of 5 on £15 a week (believe me, it was necessity not choice) and even from netto, the menu was pretty grim, everyone knew what would be for dinner on any given day.
I think for a 16 year old, Rob is doing amazingly well, I know 40 year olds who can't manage to keep a roof over their heads and pay the bills and some of them are on darn good money. I think the problem is more that he doesn't have food in the house right now and doesn't feel up to going out... although I could be way off.
Anyway... Rob, whenever things feel crap and you're walking around feeling miserable and sorry for yourself. Stop by a mirror, take a good long look at the long, pouty face looking back at you and then laugh! It's got me through life this far and believe me, at times in my life people who know me have wondered how I've survived. When all else fails, poke fun of yourself and have a good long laugh. It won't change anything, but it'll make you feel better. :D Keep it up kid, you're doing fine

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 13:30
Sapphire.....you've REALLY made my day!! Thank you so much! I'm going off to find a mirror! Got a mate coming over tonight so I think he'll nip for food (I'll pay!) and then we can have a feast and a laugh! I'm trying as hard as I can. The kittens keep me company, I'm not used to being alone. Anyway, thanks so much! :D

MadPict
11-Mar-08, 16:05
I think for a 16 year old, Rob is doing amazingly well, I know 40 year olds who can't manage to keep a roof over their heads and pay the bills and some of them are on darn good money.

Aye, but he isn't paying rent, rates, utilities (water) by his own admission so it sounds like he SHOULD have money to pay for food.
And believe me when you are hungry a plate of beans is a feast.

horseman
11-Mar-08, 17:09
Rob-!! you are up an about a'fore 7am---an looking for a bath!!!
Necking with the cat---
Burn in throat---ref the cat;)
Shoulder-- stop being Atlas--:D

Sapphire2803
11-Mar-08, 17:12
Aye, but he isn't paying rent, rates, utilities (water) by his own admission so it sounds like he SHOULD have money to pay for food.
And believe me when you are hungry a plate of beans is a feast.

Like I said, I think he does have the money, just doesn't feel up to going out.
And believe me, I know all about being hungry and yes you're right about beans being a feast.... until you're having them for the 200th time in a row...

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 17:58
lol funny horseman! :D Madpict....is there anyhting else you can do except criticise? Thanks sapphire :D

MadPict
11-Mar-08, 18:13
Juggle knives?

Julia
11-Mar-08, 18:28
I left home at the age of 16, not my decision, I've looked after myself ever since and I'm now 38.

It took me months to get a washing machine, I was eventually given a very old twin-tub that my Grandad got me from a thrift, it worked ok, needed ear defenders when it was on, it used to pump water out while washing so I had to stick the waste hose back in the lid so it did not empty itself, prior to that I washed all my clothes in the bath.

Just like Rob I got myself a kitten.

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 18:52
Sounds familiar julia!

Liz
11-Mar-08, 20:52
Sorry Rob I just read your post and hope you are feeling a wee bit better now and have managed to get some food to fill your bowg?!

Don't mean to nosey but what is the matter with your shoulder? If you pm me your address (I will have it somewhere I am sure though)I could send you some Arnica Gel which might help?

You are doing great and have lots of support so don't worry. We all go through crap times but it's how you deal with it that matters.

Take good care xxx

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 22:48
Thanks :) did my shoulder in carrying a cooker, carpet, fridge, freezer and washing machine! Thanks :) xxx

balto
11-Mar-08, 22:56
hi rob just looking through your post hope you are feeling well, you should be proud of yourself that you can stand up for yourself like this, i did it when i was 16 also, but it got to hard and went home about 6 months later only to move up to the wonerful town of thurso, so chin up it will get better in the end.

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 22:59
Ok, thanks..... I will keep my chin up...sometimes it falls though! :(

Moi x
15-Mar-08, 03:17
The dyson was free, I don't have a tv! I don't pay rent, council tax or water charges!

Anyway, all I meant in the first place was that I was hungry as I'd put my savings in the bank (need to save for uni to study dentistry).Gosh rob, I underestimated you, for which I apologise.

Are you doing your highers this year? If so, I wish you the best of luck in attaining the grades you need to get into dentistry. Where are you planning to study? One of my pals was at Glasgow and he loved it there, not least because he's already a higher earner than most folks will ever be.

Which highers are you taking?

Moi x

rob16d
15-Mar-08, 09:26
Thanks moi!

I was doing my highers this year but I'm resitting next year as I'm falling behind. :(

I got eight 1s for my standard grades! :)

I'm sitting Math, English, French, Chemistry, Biology - all at higher.

x

Moi x
15-Mar-08, 14:24
Congratulations on your eight grade ones, and good luck with your Highers!

Moi x

rob16d
15-Mar-08, 15:05
Thanks!

:D:Dxx