PDA

View Full Version : Spiders

RandomHero
07-Nov-05, 12:36
Has anyone noticed the increase in giant spiders? I never used to see them here but over the last few weeks i've seen them. Small bodies and HUGE legs!

lassieinfife
11-Nov-05, 10:28
:eek: ekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk all spiders have huge legs ............... yuck

phoenix
11-Nov-05, 14:27
Yep Ive noticed them too...........maybe its an omen, they could be in for the big clean up! I love spiders!

lassieinfife
11-Nov-05, 19:47
:eek: yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenn
11-Nov-05, 23:38
I too am a great fan of spiders and quite happy to welcome them into my home for the winter where they stand a chance of surviving if I manage not to polish them too well! ( Yes I did commit murder when I failed to notice Henry lurking behind the book as I dusted the shelf.)
Have not seen the usual number of common garden spiders this year..those lovely cream and brown ones that hang their webs of gossamer where ever they can catch the morning dews that sparkle like a string of brilliant cut diamonds.When I think of all the effort that goes into making such a fragile thing I admire these much maligned creatures.
OK folks you can put me down as moon touched but honest they are n't the monsters that they are made out to be and I'd rather have spiders than a plague of flies.

porshiepoo
11-Nov-05, 23:43
Oh my god, there are people that actually like spiders?
I know they do alot of good and all that but don't they just make you poop your pants!
I mean why? Why would anything need so many legs? and why so many eyes? It's so they can chase you isn't it! And they do chase you you know. Oh yes! They'll chase you right out the room, with their legs and their arms and their eyes eek!

But if theres one creature that is almost as bad as spiders, it's frogs! :o

angela5
12-Nov-05, 00:10
Oh my god, there are people that actually like spiders?
I know they do alot of good and all that but don't they just make you poop your pants!
I mean why? Why would anything need so many legs? and why so many eyes? It's so they can chase you isn't it! And they do chase you you know. Oh yes! They'll chase you right out the room, with their legs and their arms and their eyes eek!

But if theres one creature that is almost as bad as spiders, it's frogs! :o
:rolleyes: i am not fond of spiders but so far i have been lucky not to spoil my underwear!!

phoenix
12-Nov-05, 00:11
What kind of spiders do you have in your house then porshiepoo:} Wouldnt like to run into one of them I dont think, they sound a bit strange with all these eyes and arms and legs.........scary! The ones in my house have only two eyes, eight legs I think, havent seen any arms on them...............but then again I havent looked that closely................

EDDIE
12-Nov-05, 00:29
Do you's know that everyone will eat a spider through out your life because when you sleep the spider goes in your mouth and that your never more than a metre away from spider in your home due to them being in the walls.thats a fact it was on aprogram on tv

phoenix
12-Nov-05, 00:45
I was only just thinking of going to bed.........Ill try and remember to keep my mouth shut ............not an easy task!

Naefearjustbeer
12-Nov-05, 08:22
maybe we come back in our next life as a spider, this may explain why there are so many around these days. We have a couple of big spiders that live in our bathroom. They pop out from where they hide every couple of days, maybe they were peeping toms in a previous life LOL!! I really don't understand why all these females are frightened of such a small harmless creatures(well in this country any way) Just watch out for them in the bananas at the supermarket some of our foreign visitors can have a wee bit more cause for worry

groatsgirl
12-Nov-05, 13:19
My house if full of those horrid spiders with the little body & long legs !! i do have a plan to release my tarantulas in hope they will help with spider control !!

twee dledum
12-Nov-05, 14:23
YUK!!!! i must remember to take ma teeth out tonight then

Moira
13-Nov-05, 01:01
My house if full of those horrid spiders with the little body & long legs !! i do have a plan to release my tarantulas in hope they will help with spider control !!

I realise some folk do keep tarantulas, snakes etc as pets - Yuck - anything like this makes me squirm. I take it you were joking about the tarantulas - but if you weren't - please set my mind at rest by confirming you still stay in Groats & not anywhere near Wick - lol! (They wouldn't be able to walk the 16 or so miles here - would they ???)

groatsgirl
13-Nov-05, 18:09
I realise some folk do keep tarantulas, snakes etc as pets - Yuck - anything like this makes me squirm. I take it you were joking about the tarantulas - but if you weren't - please set my mind at rest by confirming you still stay in Groats & not anywhere near Wick - lol! (They wouldn't be able to walk the 16 or so miles here - would they ???)
No im not joking !!! one of my spiders is as big as an adult hand , but a can assure u that they r much more friendly than those horrible little house spiders who like to dangle from the ceiling ,waiting to drop on your head !!!! they do make my skin crawl !!!!!

spiggie
13-Nov-05, 18:48
i have lots of spiders in my house also,infact there is one just waiting for all its eggs to hatch,cant wait to see em all.as for the spiders going in your mouth at night,im not sure thats true.i do know that cockroahes have a tendancy to enter sleeping peoples mouths to eat the gunge and old food trapped between your teeth.i too saw this on a telly programme.not just any programme,it was PANARAMA.:D

yep its true, spiders seek dark, warm and moist hollows - your mouth being perfect. When they then hit the back of ur throat your gag reflex makes you swallow them. vowalla :)

angela5
14-Nov-05, 01:01
yep its true, spiders seek dark, warm and moist hollows - your mouth being perfect. When they then hit the back of ur throat your gag reflex makes you swallow them. vowalla :)

i think i swallowed one last night!