PDA

View Full Version : The Archers...

percy toboggan
10-Mar-08, 20:31
On a lighter note...
how many of you listen to the great 'everyday tale of country folk?'

I'm an Archers addict - it's the only soap opera I have any time for...the pictures are so much better on the wireless.

Currently, premature birth is the issue of the day, all of which are sually handled infuriatingly well.......at 2-02pm and 7-02pm on BBC Radio Four.

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Penelope Pitstop
10-Mar-08, 20:38
No Percy can't say I've heard that programme.

Have you seen the C4 programme on Stephen Hawkin - Master of the Universe. I watched it last week....what an amazing gent he is. The next one in the series (not sure how long series runs for) is on tonight at 9.00 - 10.00.:)

percy toboggan
10-Mar-08, 20:41
No Percy can't say I've heard that programme.

Have you seen the C4 programme on Stephen Hawkin - Master of the Universe. I watched it last week....what an amazing gent he is. The next one in the series (not sure how long series runs for) is on tonight at 9.00 - 10.00.:)

I think he's a bit too mind-bogglin' for me Pen.I'm more at home with the country bumpkins.;)

Penelope Pitstop
10-Mar-08, 20:46
I think he's a bit too mind-bogglin' for me Pen.I'm more at home with the country bumpkins.;)
There's nothing wrong with country bumpkins ...heck I'm probably one of them:D

Rie
10-Mar-08, 21:24
I love the Archers, i used to make fun of my mother in law for listning to it but now as the years pass i find myself diong the same! omnibus on a sunday morning!! tea and toast (perfect)

scorrie
10-Mar-08, 22:35
The Archers make me Quiver. ;)

karia
10-Mar-08, 22:36
Da te da ..te da ..te da..da te da tee dadaa!

Brilliant stuff!

But then I like radio 4 as well!;)

JAWS
11-Mar-08, 00:22
Is old Walter Gabriel still going? Last I heard was that Grace Archer died in a terrible fire!

percy toboggan
11-Mar-08, 20:19
Is old Walter Gabriel still going? Last I heard was that Grace Archer died in a terrible fire!

Ho ho Jaws...you need to catch up a bit...
a lot of water's gone under the Am bridge since Walter went.

Errogie
14-Mar-08, 19:25
Always a good listen and I find you can drop back into it at any time and usually get onto the story line. Keeps me in touch with middle England and I just want to see Eddie Grundy come out on top for once!

percy toboggan
14-Mar-08, 19:27
Always a good listen and I find you can drop back into it at any time and usually get onto the story line. Keeps me in touch with middle England and I just want to see Eddie Grundy come out on top for once!

Good storyline developing with Nic, and her treatment of George...not to mention selfish kid-dult Brenda Tucker...what is she on??

badger
14-Mar-08, 20:13
Am listening right now - think Nick is about to be found out. I have listened to this programme ever since it started - and that's a long, long time. Just wish my family would remember that this is one 15 minutes in the day that I'm not allowed to be interrupted.

karia
14-Mar-08, 21:09

Walter Gabriel succumbed to an overindulgence of alchopops which didn't sit kindly with his ecstacy habit and Grace Archer..euch..the second tongue piercing went horribly wrong.:eek:;)

Nuff said!

percy toboggan
14-Mar-08, 22:14
Walter Gabriel succumbed to an overindulgence of alchopops which didn't sit kindly with his ecstacy habit and Grace Archer..euch..the second tongue piercing went horribly wrong.:eek:;)

Nuff said!

You've been listening to 'Alternative Archers' !

We can't get that down here.