already priced one place & they are wanting £850
we think that is just a bit expensive especially with
all the other things that we have to buy & are wanting
something a bit cheaper, if anyone could help that would
be brilliant.
Thanx

alanatkie
10-Mar-08, 19:46
Have you tried Colin from video viewpoint. He did our wedding & it was great.

http://www.videoviewpoint.com/index2.htm (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.videoviewpoint.com/index2.htm)

John Baikie
10-Mar-08, 21:06
Hi could anyone recommend someone for vidoeing my
wedding, im getting married in october, we have
be brilliant.
Thanx

That isn't expensive for a professional videographer, in fact that's very reasonable. Depends who it is and what you are getting of course, but I wouldn't imagine you'd get a good professional one for less than that.

Ash
10-Mar-08, 22:18
Hi could anyone recommend someone for vidoeing my
wedding, im getting married in october, we have
be brilliant.

Thanx

i totally agree that is overpriced, and after the quotes i got for photographers think i will be asking a family friend, we live in caithness for goodness sakes, soo overpriced! everything is

mums angels
10-Mar-08, 22:37
don't know if he still does it but if he does i'd stay away from stephen rollinson he's cheaper than the rest but he didn't do a good job on ours ( Admit it was 4 years ago) and we still havn't been able to watch it start to finish using the one DVD he ended up providing us with several all bad at different parts ... i intend to send them away and get it put together properly and also he cut out bits that i wanted to keep ..like my son calling a halt to the vows by announcing his need for the toilet LOL

As for prices Ash if you were getting married south you'd be paying so much more we booked venue etc for south and qoutes etc brought wedding cost to way over £18,000 we decided to go up here instead and it cost not much over £7,000 for the lot ..i know of people who have managed it cheaper but wouldn't recommend scrimping on photographers or videographers as they (should) provide wonderful memories ...plenty of other places to save money ..invites, dress, favours etc ..have fun with it though :D

davem
10-Mar-08, 22:48
The video thing is expensive, I have seen the amount of time and effort that goes into working out shots, crowd control then editing everything together. you only get one go at it so you do need someone to get it right.
As for things being cheaper up here, I hadn't noticed it being less expensive to live up here, if someone is good they get the rate for the job. There may well be people cheaper, get refs. but a job you can only make money on Saturday generally needs to be a good earner.

loneranger
11-Mar-08, 00:59
i would certainly recomend guy from elgin i think he's from he is cheaper than video viewpoint his e-mail is WJMatheson@aol.com and we thought he made better video as well after seeing our friends video from viewpoint, and is a really nice chap and will do what ever you want. cant remember price but he did our wedding last year and was great. he even recorded the whole dance for us. hope this helps

henry20
12-Mar-08, 11:52
When it comes to a wedding video, I personally feel you have to pay a decent amount for it if its important to you - I decided it wasn't that important and spent extra on my wedding photos instead. (which wasn't such a bad move as I did make a bit of a tit of myself and thankfully it wasn't caught on video ;))

Wedding and or Video are the most important part of the day and worth every penny if its what you want. My sisters both got videos done - they were both by video viewpoint and are really good. We watched them before our wedding to help us decide if it was an expense we wanted to have. It was lovely to see people that were no longer here, but we still decided against it.

I would never have scrimped on my wedding photos though - I found a photographer I was comfortable with and happy with their previous work and it was the one area I didn't mind spending a lot on. I made all my own invitations, order of service, menus and placecards. I was going to make my own favours, but found what I wanted on ebay and it worked out really cheap to have them made. I'd already bought organza bags for favours, so I bought orkney fudge and had favours for the gents too. A member of the family did my bouquet for me as a wedding present.

The biggest saving you can make is by inviting less guests ;) although my wedding went from having 10 guests to over 100!!!