PDA

View Full Version : chinese food

bobandag16
10-Mar-08, 16:43
was taken out for lunch. midday and was amazed that on offer was 3 course for least than 6 pounds. charlie chans sinclair street. yet no customers. good menu well cooked . will be going back .takes a lot of beating.

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 08:29
Wow! What did you have to eat?

poppett
11-Mar-08, 11:59
Have been at Charlie Chan`s for lunch a few times now.

Choice of about five starters, eight main courses and three sweets, coffee or tea.

Prawn cocktail has been a great favourite, spicy beef in chili sauce with rice, banana fritter has been my best meal so far. Main course just served on the plate, not in individual dishes as it is at night, but excellent value for money

bobandag16
11-Mar-08, 16:45
Wow! What did you have to eat?
sweet and sour soup. strip beef with peking sauce chips pine apple fritter with syrup.all excellent. willbe going again.

Ash
11-Mar-08, 16:47
ive been but it was years ago, went by today and the menu looks ace, if i can get rid of this cold i will go by on saturday.... yummy

poppett
11-Mar-08, 17:01
May see you there on Friday Bobandag16...........It could be the venue for the next Orger`s convention.

bobandag16
11-Mar-08, 23:24
May see you there on Friday Bobandag16...........It could be the venue for the next Orger`s convention.
look forward to seeing you. my minder will be with me .she is hard act to beat. who is paying?:D

ett23
14-Mar-08, 14:53
Myself and hubby had a romantic evening meal there a couple of months ago and loved it. We went for the Special Set Meal for Two and were so stuffed at the end we felt we didn't need to eat for a week! The food was delicious and I got to try so many different things I've never had before. Would love to try the lunch menu. Maybe give it a shot the next time my mum or sister come up for a visit! :cool:

plumber
14-Mar-08, 14:59
Hope you didn't have to pay Bobandag16. We will never hear the end of it. Glad you had a nice time

bobandag16
14-Mar-08, 22:22
Hope you didn't have to pay Bobandag16. We will never hear the end of it. Glad you had a nice time
yes i did have to pay. could be short on my school dinners next week. no chance of fiddling the till . at play school.

POUNDIT
15-Mar-08, 15:43
I love the food at eighty eight in thurso.I am a big fast food fan and i have to admit i have tried all the chinese places up here and eighty eight is the best for me.Always quick service and good food what more do you need.:)

Ash
15-Mar-08, 17:02
went for lunch this afternoon til charlie chan, the food was lovely, service was wonderful to, was suprised by how quiet it was