PDA

View Full Version : Vatican is releasing new sins

justine
10-Mar-08, 14:58
these are two of the new sins released by the vatican...anyone add any more in......
......Now i know that the bible was made up as they went along as the VATICAN CITY has just prooved. So what other sins should we add...

- Thou shall not pollute the Earth. Thou shall beware genetic manipulation

Mine is
Thou shall not ridicule another orger........

scorrie
10-Mar-08, 15:19
The Vatican. Always making a "New Sins" of itself.

scotsboy
10-Mar-08, 16:01
The ones regarding amassing excessive wealth and paedophelia must have come from an internal audit!

scorrie
10-Mar-08, 16:49
The ones regarding amassing excessive wealth and paedophelia must have come from an internal audit!

Was that the same audit which led to the clarification that "Roger the Choirboy" was a name, rather than an intention? ;)

George Brims
10-Mar-08, 17:56
New sins? Good grief, I can't even keep up with the old list!

justine
10-Mar-08, 18:31
But the question is are they allowed to keep adding sins, but i suppose thats how the sins are brought forward..

Rheghead
10-Mar-08, 18:46
Apart from the sins, is the internet craze of posting on a message board a new form of confession?

bekisman
10-Mar-08, 18:54
I'm not too bothered as I understand I can pay money to the Vatican for an indulgence and not have to worry about hanging about in purgatory, do they still do that?

scotsboy
10-Mar-08, 18:59
I'm not too bothered as I understand I can pay money to the Vatican for an indulgence and not have to worry about hanging about in purgatory, do they still do that?

"They" can do what they like.........they are all going to HELL;)

George Brims
10-Mar-08, 19:09
As far as I can remember from history class, they stopped that centuries ago, as it was one of the issues that prompted that annoying wee thing called the Protestant Reformation.

rob16d
10-Mar-08, 19:24
Well I never! Sory but this is stupid....must have been made up!

northener
10-Mar-08, 20:22

Yup, bung us a tenner and you is absolved of all worldly sin.

Cheques payable to Father Northener c/o God Systems International plc

karia
10-Mar-08, 20:25
Yup, bung us a tenner and you is absolved of all worldly sin.

Cheques payable to Father Northener c/o God Systems International plc

Ah its yerself Father...would ye like a cup of tea?;)

Go on..go on..go on!:lol:

canuck
10-Mar-08, 20:30

Indulgences bit the dust at the Council of Trent in the mid-1500's.

Julia
10-Mar-08, 20:37

ROFLMAO!!! [lol]

northener
10-Mar-08, 20:46
Indulgences bit the dust at the Council of Trent in the mid-1500's.

You're queering my pitch Canuck. How's a honest Preist to make a quid if you throw historical facts in?

Sapphire2803
10-Mar-08, 21:01
Is there a full list of sins somewhere then? I could print it off and use it as a checklist ;)
After suffering a fairly strict catholic upbringing, I'm rather proud of the fact that I've broken all the commandments bar one. I feel I've truly achieved something worthwhile :lol:

Sapphire2803
10-Mar-08, 21:04
Ah its yerself Father...would ye like a cup of tea?

Go on..go on..go on!:lol:

Having lived in Ireland for many years, that just gives me the shivers....
If you decide to go visiting friends and relatives, you end up sloshing around like a cartoon character who's just had the garden hose shoved down their throat! :eek: There's a Mrs Doyle in every home!!

rob16d
10-Mar-08, 21:05
Is there a full list of sins somewhere then? I could print it off and use it as a checklist ;)
After suffering a fairly strict catholic upbringing, I'm rather proud of the fact that I've broken all the commandments bar one. I feel I've truly achieved something worthwhile :lol:

And what commandment havn't you broken? Do tell!

canuck
10-Mar-08, 21:13
You're queering my pitch Canuck. How's a honest Preist to make a quid if you throw historical facts in?

Easter's coming, you can try resurrecting said indulgences.

Sapphire2803
10-Mar-08, 21:14

What? Ruin the air of mystery? Never!!!!! ;)

karia
10-Mar-08, 22:50
Okay.... enough of yer levity sez Mrs Doyle...back to the original thread.

I'd say 'thou shalt not be a hypocrite'

:D:D

Julia
10-Mar-08, 22:57

You inspired me to google a list of sins, [lol] what a load of poo, now I remember why I'm an athiest

Sapphire2803
10-Mar-08, 23:10
Thou shalt not drive fast through a big puddle when I'm walking past!
Thou shalt not buy all the leather jackets in my size before I save up enough to buy one.
Thou shalt not drive past me without offering me a lift when I have to walk into Keiss to collect the kids, even though I do resemble a human puddle.

Hang on.... these are commandments rather than sins.

Can anyone remember what the seven deadly sins are?

JAWS
11-Mar-08, 00:26
Keep the new sins coming folks, I need something new to try because the old ones are getting a bit boring.

scorrie
11-Mar-08, 10:58
Keep the new sins coming folks, I need something new to try because the old ones are getting a bit boring.

Yes, particularly that sarcasm one.

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 11:09
Can anyone remember what the seven deadly sins are?

LOOK lol

"As the seven ancient wonders of the world were matched by seven modern wonders, the seven deadly sins have been given a modern version for a globalised world, announced by a Vatican official yesterday.
Polluting, genetic engineering, obscene riches, taking drugs, abortion, pedophilia and causing social injustice join the original seven deadly sins defined by Pope Gregory the Great in the sixth century: pride, envy, gluttony, greed, lust, wrath and sloth."

Saveman
11-Mar-08, 15:24
Ah.....the Vatican........always good for putting a smile on your face.....

cos if you don't laugh.....you'd cry....

Sapphire2803
11-Mar-08, 15:49
LOOK lol

"As the seven ancient wonders of the world were matched by seven modern wonders, the seven deadly sins have been given a modern version for a globalised world, announced by a Vatican official yesterday.
Polluting, genetic engineering, obscene riches, taking drugs, abortion, pedophilia and causing social injustice join the original seven deadly sins defined by Pope Gregory the Great in the sixth century: pride, envy, gluttony, greed, lust, wrath and sloth."

I couldn't look for it myself as I was practicing the fine art of sloth :)
I'm gutted now, I had all the old ones down to a fine art and now they've raised the bar.
I either couldn't or wouldn't achieve all the new ones. :(

Shabbychic
11-Mar-08, 16:12
LOOK lol

Obscene riches? Pedophilia? Methinks the Vatican has been breaking these ones for years.

bekisman
11-Mar-08, 16:29
Quite agree; obscene riches; any of you been in the Vatican? Gold, silver, it's all there.. Visited it a few years ago, not exactly brings to mind some bloke 2000 years ago - in robes and sandals walking across the desert does it?

horseman
11-Mar-08, 16:47
I was going to slag off rob's27th'!!!!
Then I had a re read of it !!!!

catnip
11-Mar-08, 19:53
Here is a new one

THOU SALL NOT LEAVE EMPTY MILK CARTONS IN THE FRIDGE

northener
11-Mar-08, 23:29
Why is being a Sloth a sin?

All they do is hang around in trees not bothering anyone?

Maybe they wouldn't convert to Catholicism (or tell the Conquistadors where the gold was)?

Some of my best friends are Sloths.

Thumper
11-Mar-08, 23:32
Why is being a Sloth a sin?

All they do is hang around in trees not bothering anyone?

Maybe they wouldn't convert to Catholicism (or tell the Conquistadors where the gold was)?

Some of my best friends are Sloths.

They are quite cute too....ok not as cute as us rabbits but still cute ;):lol:x