PDA

View Full Version : regression

trix
10-Mar-08, 14:08
i went til a regression session 'e ither nicht where a wifie tried til regress me intil a past life....

while 'under' i telt her that i wis a little black lascie in africa an it wis sometime in 'e 14 hundreds....

i wis getin kwite frustrated cos i couldna tell her much, no even what ma name wis. i didna ken ma age but by lookin doon at ma leigs i guessed i wis aboot 8 or 9.

then i telt her that i cana hear anything.....which wid explain why i didna ken ma name.

anyway i remember clearly seein an rubbin ma little lascie broon leigs an its somethin that will stay wi me forever, she then asked me til find somethin i could see ma reflection in. i went off til find some water an' sure enough, a little black lascie wis lookin back at me.

but......what do ye think?

wis ma imagination bein fuelled or wis i really a little deaf black lascie all 'at years ago?

am open til suggestion here - ever the sceptic :confused

unicorn
10-Mar-08, 14:16
I am not sure what to make of it, but do fancy trying it.

justine
10-Mar-08, 14:25
and this help how...:confused....I cant see why or how it would help anyone, but thats my opinion..................................:eek:

My experiences of reading about people who have been though this , seems to point to the fact they all seem to be a princeess, or indian chief,..I see how it works for the average person who has had an experience that they forgot and this can help, but those trying to find out if they were once someone else, well thats another subject...

porshiepoo
10-Mar-08, 14:36
I'm soooooooo jealous. If there's one thing I would love to experience it's a past life regression.
Where did you go? Does this person do this as a living?

Max
10-Mar-08, 14:38
Sounds really interesting - is there someone in Wick that does this commercially (I mean can anyone book a session!)? I am not into fortune tellers or spooky people because they scare me but I would love to try this regression. There is an inquisitive part of my brain that would like to try it!!

trix
10-Mar-08, 14:41
aye sure, il pm ye's both wi 'e details....;)

danc1ngwitch
10-Mar-08, 17:19
The mind is a powerful thing.
I have a very open mind, but dream like states can make you beleive things like this.
Next time what happens if the feelings you get are not good, please becareful.
If you go and you have a bad experience and you remember it, guess it will remain with you for the rest of your life.
But dana listen ta me im always away on different planes[lol];)

Tighsonas4
10-Mar-08, 18:17
MAYBE NOT THE SAME
i once asked the doctor about hypnonus. his reply no joe blog would be allowed to hypnotise methey could put you out and be unable to take you back it was regards SMOKING still smoking
would be more interested in where im going than where i came from lol
tony

Tighsonas4
10-Mar-08, 18:20
MAYBE NOT THE SAME
i once asked the doctor about hypnonus. his reply no joe blog would be allowed to hypnotise methey could put you out and be unable to take you back it was regards SMOKING still smoking
would be more interested in where im going than where i came from lol
tony
sorry missed the spelling check lol [lol]

Rheghead
10-Mar-08, 18:56
while 'under' i telt her that i wis a little black lascie in africa an it wis sometime in 'e 14 hundreds....

How would a wee lascie from Africa in the 15th century actually know how to label the continent correctly and give a date which is based on a religious system which I doubt she had any experience of?:confused

MadPict
10-Mar-08, 19:31
Translation please...

rob16d
10-Mar-08, 19:36
Trixie can you please send me the details too?

scorrie
10-Mar-08, 23:22
How would a wee lascie from Africa in the 15th century actually know how to label the continent correctly and give a date which is based on a religious system which I doubt she had any experience of?:confused

True. If you had been regressed to a previous life and were deaf, how would you be able to hear the person who had caused your regression? Would a deaf African girl understand English words, such as "reflection", when she did not even know what her own name was?

People are always looking for more mystery and excitement in their lives. Anything but accepting that this is who YOU are, this is YOUR life.

There is nothing wrong with being average, most of us are, we are in good company in that respect.

Dog-eared
11-Mar-08, 00:06
True. If you had been regressed to a previous life and were deaf, how would you be able to hear the person who had caused your regression? Would a deaf African girl understand English words, such as "reflection", when she did not even know what her own name was?

People are always looking for more mystery and excitement in their lives. Anything but accepting that this is who YOU are, this is YOUR life.

There is nothing wrong with being average, most of us are, we are in good company in that respect.

I agree. How did either participant know it was " Africa " or know the Christian date, way back then !!
An interesting subject though. Some minds subconciously crave a more natural, earlier type of life. I can see why , these crazy days in the UK.

JAWS
11-Mar-08, 00:06
Only tried it once and am still suffering the after effects. One thing I can confirm is that Attila the Hun made a good role model!

Dog-eared
11-Mar-08, 00:09
Only tried it once and am still suffering the after effects. One thing I can confirm is that Attila the Hun made a good role model!

That horses heid sticki'n oot yer bathroom window - that'll be a Siberian Pony then !! :lol:

trix
11-Mar-08, 13:16
How would a wee lascie from Africa in the 15th century actually know how to label the continent correctly and give a date which is based on a religious system which I doubt she had any experience of?

ats 'e bit i da understand either, perhaps i made 'e whole thing up :lol:

ats really ma question, are ye so relaxed that yer more aware of, an are somehow able til voice a lucid dream that yer hevin?
both yer conscious mind workin 'at 'e same time as yer unconscious mind til result in a very colourful story.

wi 'e guidance o' a trained hynotherapist??

if someone is askin things lek 'what year is it' or 'where are ye'......are ye gona make up something....?

or is it really much, much more complex than 'at?

probly will always be a mystery til me :roll:

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 13:19
Even if it wasn't real...it sound slike it put you in a trance, and I love dreaming...so I think I would do it even if for the sake of having a lucid dream!

Boozeburglar
11-Mar-08, 13:45

Past life regression is about accessing memory. Knowledge of the current world is not removed; neither is the ability to describe the experience in accordance with such using your existing communication skills.

I do think that the majority of the 'correspondence course' practitioners are fakes though!

trix
11-Mar-08, 13:46
aye, a really cool thing happened too....

she took me back til when i wis 5 years auld an hed me stan'in at ma front door. i member lookin roon' 'e gairden an seein much detail that id forgotten all aboot. various toys an far 'e fence wis broken.

anyway, she telt me til open e door, an in ma mind 'iss little airmy came oot, stretched up an opened e door. it wis very strange but made me smile at 'e time.

so i wis stan'in then in ma auld sittin room, describin everythin til her, stuff i hed forgotten all aboot an she says, 'someone hes choost come intil 'e sittin room, fa is'ed?'

i turned roon', an ayre wis ma beeg brither stan'in in front o' me when he wis 7 years auld!!! :eek:

it wis so cool, i'd forgotten fit he looked lek at 'at aige. i immediatly hed 'iss overwhelmin feelin o' love an respect an admiration, so overwhelmin that i could feel a few tears slip doon ma cheeks :~( but they wis happy tears, lek id just seen ma best friend for 'e first time in years......
bearin in mind that when i wis 5 years auld, ma beeg brir wis ma hero, he wis 'e coolest person that i kent. it wis so nice til see him again.

it wis worth 'e cash choost til see ma beeg brir again, lek he's still alive an stuff an i see him 'e whole time, but it wis really nice til feel 'at closeness that we shared all 'at years ago.....that only bairns can tell ye aboot....

trix
11-Mar-08, 14:27
Even if it wasn't real...it sound slike it put you in a trance, and I love dreaming...so I think I would do it even if for the sake of having a lucid dream!

hi rob, it sounds lek ye da remember yer dreams??

hev a wee word wi yersel an tell yersel that ye want til remember yer dreams, i promise ye, ye will efter 'at ;)

i did 'iss masel, an i wis mindin all ma dreams....then they started til freak me oot abity, so i telt masel 'rite, i da want til mind ma dreams anymore'.

an' they choost stopt, lek 'at!!

so, then i mist no dreamin so i telt masel, 'rite, choost mind SOME o' yer dreams'

an now i choost mind some o' them :lol:

do let us ken how ye get on....

scorrie
11-Mar-08, 14:34
Past life regression is about accessing memory. Knowledge of the current world is not removed; neither is the ability to describe the experience in accordance with such using your existing communication skills.

I do think that the majority of the 'correspondence course' practitioners are fakes though!

So, how would the memories of a deaf African girl from 1400 manage to suddenly squeeze their way into Trix's brain whilst she was still in her Mother's womb?

There would be a stage of foetal development where it was impossible for the brain to be developed enough to retain memory of any sort. Once the brain develops further, do the memories jump out of the waiting ether and make themselves at home?

As Edith Piaf sang "Non, Je ne Regressez Rein"

Sapphire2803
11-Mar-08, 15:31
As Edith Piaf sang "Non, Je ne Regressez Rein"

Eh??

I think this is just one of those things for people who believe in reincarnation. If you don't you just won't get it.
My Dad told me once that when I was only old enough to say a few words, my eyes glazed over and I announced to him that i had been killed in a motorbike accident on the freeway. I would've had no clue what a freeway was and that was the thing that really got him. My Dad was a strict catholic, so he wasn't looking for something to confirm a belief in reincarnation, it went against everything he believed.
You'll have to ask my Mum about it when you see her Trix, she'd be able to tell you better. I think it changed the way they both saw things. I'd love to be regressed, purely because I'd like to see if I could shed any light on that incident.

scorrie
11-Mar-08, 16:48
Eh??

I think this is just one of those things for people who believe in reincarnation. If you don't you just won't get it.
My Dad told me once that when I was only old enough to say a few words, my eyes glazed over and I announced to him that i had been killed in a motorbike accident on the freeway. I would've had no clue what a freeway was and that was the thing that really got him. My Dad was a strict catholic, so he wasn't looking for something to confirm a belief in reincarnation, it went against everything he believed.
You'll have to ask my Mum about it when you see her Trix, she'd be able to tell you better. I think it changed the way they both saw things. I'd love to be regressed, purely because I'd like to see if I could shed any light on that incident.

So, how is the memory stored after death, and how is it transferred to the embryo?

trix
11-Mar-08, 16:56
So, how is the memory stored after death, and how is it transferred to the embryo?

wele, surly that wid be thro yer spirit?

its locked intil yer sub conscious, which is where yer spirit lives, its programmed til stay ayre.

only thro hypnotherapy can it be released, an mebbe dream lek states...an possibly mind alterin drugs [lol]

Sapphire2803
11-Mar-08, 17:08
If you believe that people have a soul or spirit, then that could answer the question.
For a more scientific answer I suppose you'd have to look into genetic memory.

Julia
11-Mar-08, 17:31
I underwent regression a lot of years ago, it was very interesting, went through about four past lives, my personality and traits were apparent in each life although most of them ended in tragedy i.e. I was murdered in one, and husband in one was killed... cheery stuff! It's carried on into this life too so hopefully the next one will be extremely non-eventful.

Anyhoo I was quite sceptical but coming out of it I had the sensation of going head over heels over and over and felt quite sick

scorrie
11-Mar-08, 17:56
If you believe that people have a soul or spirit, then that could answer the question.
For a more scientific answer I suppose you'd have to look into genetic memory.

Surely, if we are talking genetic memory, it would be your parents' memories you were inheriting?

scorrie
11-Mar-08, 17:59
its locked intil yer sub conscious, which is where yer spirit lives, its programmed til stay ayre.

And where is the proof of this?

trix
11-Mar-08, 18:07
well, is it no true that everything ye'v iver experienced is in yer sub conscious?

we da hev access til 'at very complex part o' 'e brain.

we live day til day thro wur conscious part 'o 'e brain, any psychologist wil tell ye, hevin limited access til wur memories.

however, it is there...locked awie....

Sapphire2803
11-Mar-08, 18:59
Surely, if we are talking genetic memory, it would be your parents' memories you were inheriting?
I really don't think it's as simple or restricted as that.

A_Usher
11-Mar-08, 19:19
One of the areas i dont work as a clinical hypnotherapist, as their is too much subjective information in regard to it, it can be influenced by memories of the past, fantasy and much more.

I have never seen much in the way of proof as a therapist, and whilst i may use regression to go back to childhood thoughts etc, i never use past life. I wouldnt also personally pay for the service myself, and if i was i would want to make sure it was a qualified practitioner who had experience in the field in case of any abreactions or repressed trauma.

Andrew

Boozeburglar
11-Mar-08, 19:26
And where is the proof of this?

Where is the evidence it is not the case?

A_Usher
11-Mar-08, 19:35
There is something that we call the 7 +2 -2, where by it is thought that every second you absord 7 pieces of data, such as smell, sight etc.

Similarly the brain is still very much a field where we no little, neuroscience is still an infant, although we are gaining much more insight into brain activity, where data tends to be stored etc.

Boozeburglar
11-Mar-08, 20:04
too much subjective information in regard to it, it can be influenced by memories of the past, fantasy and much more.

Regression therapy has always attracted these criticisms. (Though it is hoped it would be influenced by memories of the past, as long as they come from the right place!)

I have never seen much in the way of proof as a therapist, and whilst i may use regression to go back to childhood thoughts etc, i never use past life.

Were you working in that area that would move me, but it is rather like a chap who has lobster pots telling me he hasn't caught any skate.

I wouldnt also personally pay for the service myself, and if i was i would want to make sure it was a qualified practitioner who had experience in the field in case of any abreactions or repressed trauma.

I am sure were you to start to have memories of something relevant to possible past life experiences you would explore them, being open minded as you seem.

Totally agree get someone who is qualified, and recommended by an approved body.

:)

A_Usher
11-Mar-08, 20:25
Regression therapy has always attracted these criticisms. (Though it is hoped it would be influenced by memories of the past, as long as they come from the right place!)

Were you working in that area that would move me, but it is rather like a chap who has lobster pots telling me he hasn't caught any skate.

I am sure were you to start to have memories of something relevant to possible past life experiences you would explore them, being open minded as you seem.

Totally agree get someone who is qualified, and recommended by an approved body.

I should quantify that a little, i have looked at past life regression, and i have conducted sessions, then followed up historical information etc, and it has been very subjective. From a therapy point of view i have never used past life regression nor experienced spontaneous PLR that other therapists have witnessed, but as for PLR i have no real need, and there are a lot of reasons for that, but one is that from a therapist point of view you have to appreciate your clients spiritual and theological values and for some it would not be appropriate.

i have studied many transcripts of sessions, and out of the hundreds i looked at many had no evidence base other than a couple, one was with a women from Ireland that when she had her session recalled family members etc, which where followed up on and their was some real supporting evidence. There are some cases with interesting finding, but i would personally say on the whole most have no real basis, but thats not to say there isnt, and i would be open to look at that.

One thing i would caution against, is that in many regression sessions abreactions can occur, and this is where you want an experienced practitioner, as you need someone who can adequately cope with it, and also someone with objective reasoning, however one thing is for sure, in that its a very interesting area.

I tell you what, if people are interested, and from a research point of view i would maybe be interested in conducting some of these sessions for free, as long as the parties involved are happy for it to be written up for a paper (professional hypnosis journal) and i could record the session onto mp3, and recorded brain wave activity etc.

Andrew

scorrie
11-Mar-08, 20:25
Where is the evidence it is not the case?

Not that tired old response again. That sort of methodology belongs in primary School debating. Very poor.

danc1ngwitch
11-Mar-08, 20:27
aye, a really cool thing happened too....

i turned roon', an ayre wis ma beeg brither stan'in in front o' me when he wis 7 years auld!!! :eek:

it wis so cool, i'd forgotten fit he looked lek at 'at aige. i immediatly hed 'iss overwhelmin feelin o' love an respect an admiration, so overwhelmin that i could feel a few tears slip doon ma cheeks :~( but they wis happy tears, lek id just seen ma best friend for 'e first time in years......
bearin in mind that when i wis 5 years auld, ma beeg brir wis ma hero, he wis 'e coolest person that i kent. it wis so nice til see him again.

it wis worth 'e cash choost til see ma beeg brir again, lek he's still alive an stuff an i see him 'e whole time, but it wis really nice til feel 'at closeness that we shared all 'at years ago.....that only bairns can tell ye aboot....

If you sit back relax and just remember you can have this same effect wea out paying cash for it.
You experienced happiness. x

A_Usher
11-Mar-08, 20:29
Given the interest in this and as above, im open to conducting some free sessions on this, even a group induction, record it onto mp3, measure brain activity etc. Ill see who in my weekly workgroup is interested in this also, and do the session, perhaps under a group envoironment so people can see induction method etc.

Andrew

Boozeburglar
11-Mar-08, 20:29
Not that tired old response again. That sort of methodology belongs in primary School debating. Very poor.

Along with the conceit that everything can be 'proved'.

Boozeburglar
11-Mar-08, 20:32
Given the interest in this and as above, im open to conducting some free sessions on this, even a group induction, record it onto mp3, measure brain activity etc. Ill see who in my weekly workgroup is interested in this also, and do the session, perhaps under a group envoironment so people can see induction method etc.

Andrew

Cool, perhaps I can channel Elvis and we can go to number one with a bullet.

danc1ngwitch
11-Mar-08, 20:35

Andrew
If it works for people and creates the feeling of happiness then go for it.
I for one likes to be in control of my own mind.
I for another will leave other folks minds alone afore it backfires and they suck ma brain out. ( well who knows one might have been a zombie ):roll:

scorrie
11-Mar-08, 20:36
well, is it no true that everything ye'v iver experienced is in yer sub conscious?

we da hev access til 'at very complex part o' 'e brain.

we live day til day thro wur conscious part 'o 'e brain, any psychologist wil tell ye, hevin limited access til wur memories.

however, it is there...locked awie....

There is a world of difference between what we have actually experienced in life, yet may be unable to recall in totality compare to the notion that we can carry memories from a previous brain, in a previous body, via some invisible conduit and plant them in a new brain. No Psychologist on this planet could prove that such a process is possible, nor explain adequately how it worked.

scorrie
11-Mar-08, 20:44
Along with the conceit that everything can be 'proved'.

It seems reasonable to assume that if someone is going to believe in something then it should have a logical background behind it. A limited number of souls being born over and over into different shells is not logical to me. Where did these souls reside before the human race came along? Were they all rushing, as one, to enter Adam when he was created? Is there a waiting list?

Highland Laddie
11-Mar-08, 20:45
i went til a regression session 'e ither nicht where a wifie tried til regress me intil a past life....

i wis getin kwite frustrated cos i couldna tell her much, no even what ma name wis. i didna ken ma age but by lookin doon at ma leigs i guessed i wis aboot 8 or 9.

then i telt her that i cana hear anything.....which wid explain why i didna ken ma name.

anyway i remember clearly seein an rubbin ma little lascie broon leigs an its somethin that will stay wi me forever, she then asked me til find somethin i could see ma reflection in. i went off til find some water an' sure enough, a little black lascie wis lookin back at me.

but......what do ye think?

wis ma imagination bein fuelled or wis i really a little deaf black lascie all 'at years ago?

am open til suggestion here - ever the sceptic :confused

Shouldn't this be under your favourite dram thread,
because whatever you had i want a pint as well.

A_Usher
11-Mar-08, 20:46
If it works for people and creates the feeling of happiness then go for it.
I for one likes to be in control of my own mind.
I for another will leave other folks minds alone afore it backfires and they suck ma brain out. ( well who knows one might have been a zombie ):roll:

Well given hypnosis, is merely a state of altered consciousness, and one you have to wish to engage you are indeed in control of your own mind. I think the participants of my workgroup last night got a chance to see that, as they all got hands on experience of this last night.

Your wrote:
"If you sit back relax and just remember you can have this same effect wea out paying cash for it.
You experienced happiness. x"

This is in fact no different to many forms of self hypnosis and meditation.

Andrew.

A_Usher
11-Mar-08, 20:49
Cool, perhaps I can channel Elvis and we can go to number one with a bullet.

I for one wont be channeling Elvis :) not my musical taste...... Begs the question if you could channel someone, who would it be and why?

Boozeburglar
11-Mar-08, 20:49
It seems reasonable to assume that if someone is going to believe in something then it should have a logical background behind it. A limited number of souls being born over and over into different shells is not logical to me. Where did these souls reside before the human race came along? Were they all rushing, as one, to enter Adam when he was created? Is there a waiting list?

That is why I say I believe, rather than know.

Logic is okay for the young folk. Nobody writes great novels about logic.

There is nothing more fanciful than the average belief in God or similar.

Logic is a prison for some.

scorrie
11-Mar-08, 23:47
That is why I say I believe, rather than know.

Logic is okay for the young folk. Nobody writes great novels about logic.

There is nothing more fanciful than the average belief in God or similar.

Logic is a prison for some.

Fantasy is fine in its place/context. I enjoy a good story or film on those lines as much as anyone. I simply feel that belief in alternative lives/personalities CAN be dangerous. How many people in the world suffer total loss of reality and get absorbed by an alternative that exists only in their own head?

For some people, fantasy can be an escape from this world. Perhaps it brings them comfort. This does not mean that what they immerse themselves in is real however. You can sometimes prove that something exists, sometimes you cannot prove it. Accepting that something exists simply because it has not been proven otherwise is highly illogical though.