PDA

View Full Version : Psychics

TBH
10-Mar-08, 13:06
How many of you believe that such a capability exists?

justine
10-Mar-08, 13:19
To be honest i dont dispute that some think they have an ability, and some call it an insight but i would need alot of scientific proof before i could agree 100%.....

TBH
10-Mar-08, 13:38
To be honest i dont dispute that some think they have an ability, and some call it an insight but i would need alot of scientific proof before i could agree 100%.....That is my view on the matter also.

justine
10-Mar-08, 13:47
you may find this interesting reading.....

http://badpsychics.com/thefraudfiles/modules/news/

What is PSYCHIC?

http://www.psychics.co.uk/images/craigs_comment.jpgEveryone is psychic to some degree using the natural intuitive or sixth sense (http://www.psychics.co.uk/sixthsense.html#sixthsense) that is inherent in all of us. A psychic (http://www.psychics.co.uk/psychic.html#psychic) is sensitive to the electrical, magnetic and other energies emanating from the individual and known as the aura (http://www.psychics.co.uk/auras.html#aura). A psychic is able to access information from the emotional, physical and spiritual parts of the auric field. As the aura contains all the information about a person's life, psychic readings can be very accurate. A psychic also uses the natural ability to be aware of non-verbal communication i.e.. body language, facial expression, dress sense etc.
Great care and integrity is needed on behalf of the psychic during readings as some people seeking help can be vulnerable. A psychic can subconsciously calculate possible future events by an assessment of information available by the natural course of events and give probable forecasts. All psychics should adhere to a code of conduct of not predicting or frightening people with talk of falls or accidents or indeed deaths of loved ones.
It should also be noted that a psychic is able to "sense" on a purely material level and not able to "tune in" to the spirit world, except by accident. All mediums are psychics but not all psychics are mediums. Tarot cards, runes, palmistry etc. are all tools that can be used in conjunction with this natural ability. There are many exercises that can be done to increase the natural psychic ability of everyone.

Flair
10-Mar-08, 13:48
When somebody reads my mind and tells me exactly what I'm thinking or something about me they wouldn't normally know, or when somebody makes something levitate in front of me then and only then will I believe that psychics exist.

alfie
10-Mar-08, 13:51
You have to approach this with an open mind and take from it what you want. Watch Jonathan Edwards on living TV - he will make anyone believe, he is so good!

justine
10-Mar-08, 13:59
You have to approach this with an open mind and take from it what you want. Watch Jonathan Edwards on living TV - he will make anyone believe, he is so good!

I have watched him and yes he is good, but i am still sceptical..No body can do thiswithout some prior knowledge..But that is just my opinion....

porshiepoo
10-Mar-08, 14:24
Completely believe in it! Have seen it done many a time and yes there are bad psychics out there who unfortunately give the good ones a bad name and just add fuel to the fires of the disbelievers.
But, would it do the world any good if we did ALL believe? To believe in a psychic suggests a belief in some degree of spirit and I have no doubt that mankind would not benefit from a 100% belief or knowledge of an afterlife.

The problem is what could be classed as 'proof'? What would any of you need to see or hear that would change your minds?
If a person is a non believer then I wouldn't think any amount of hard evidence will sway their opinion. I have found that people who disbelieve or are skeptical spend more energy trying to prove that it can't exist - even in the face of proof - than they would if they just opened their minds to the possibility that it could exist.

Why does the world population feel the need to spend so much time trying to find the kinks or the one invalid piece of information that will prove psychic ability is just an illusion of the kooky minded?

TBH
10-Mar-08, 14:25
You have to approach this with an open mind and take from it what you want. Watch Jonathan Edwards on living TV - he will make anyone believe, he is so good!Is he a good psychic or is he a good manipulator?

trix
10-Mar-08, 14:34
aye o' course i believe'ed

but when ye'v read as much books aboot it as i hev an shared 'e same experiences that i hev hed, then ye wid too :eek:

each til there own eh? ;)

i cana believe that ignorance counts as 'evidence' towards it no bein true...

Thumper
10-Mar-08, 14:35
IMO any one on tv has the ablity to use the situation to their benefit,whereas if you meet them directly its much easier to know whether or not they are genuine x

sweetpea
10-Mar-08, 14:36
I've been to see a lot of different psychics since I was about 8 years old when I started going with my granny. Some of them are way off the mark and just good at reading body language etc.
Have to say the only 2 that have been totally accurate with me and everything they said has materialised is Christine from Groats and Gordon Smith, the psychic barber who I was lucky enough to have a private consultation with. In fact right now I'm going through some of the things Christine said to me. And for some of that I thought no way is that going to happen but it has. And although I've been several times she has only read for me once, even then I pushed her into it as she was not wanting to do it that day.
It really depends on what you want out of it but on the other hand I've had some real crap said to me in the past from qualified professionals such as doctors and therapists.
I don't think we will ever get total scientific proof as they never say anything is 100%, personally I think if it helps you cope with life and it's doing no harm then go for it. Try not to read things into what your told and defiantely don't become obssessed, that would be my advice.

cd1977
10-Mar-08, 15:24
In my experience it seems to be only particularly vulnerable people who "believe". And so called psychics are merely good at picking up on this lack of emotional stability.

honey
10-Mar-08, 16:27
I used to believe in it 100%, to the point of being gullable. I am a huge fan of Derren Brown, and his "seance" show along with his book and trick of the mind shows.. has challenged so many of the things i beleived in, but id say im still a sceptical believer..;)

trix
10-Mar-08, 16:39
iv met a few psychics includin david wells, 'ruth the truth' (fie 'e daily star) an also cassandra eason, whom i hev read alot o' her stuff too.

i see no reason to make stuff lek 'iss up, an then write a book aboot it...

ye can develop yer own psychic abilities, i reckon....but then, thats my opinion...............:Razz

im readin alot o' sylvia browne ifanow, she's great wi' montel williams, kwite often on his show (no that i watch 'at crap) :lol:

Sketch
10-Mar-08, 16:58
Strangly enough, I have had periods of times, over the last few years, when I've been able to conciously and subconciously, predict and feel both forthcoming event and the presence of others in some form or another. I concider this as a normal bacause it's happend so many times over the years and I concider my skills as very slight. So to imagine some people to have a much hightened level of phychic ability isn't that difficult. Although I don't concider to have any special ability at all, I do believe we all have pshychic abilities, at one extent of another. However, not many have such a hightend sence to such an ability, but those who have are able to achive such fantastic abilities in comunication, vision and knowledge.

cd1977
10-Mar-08, 17:11

A good reason being monetary motivation?

trix
10-Mar-08, 17:19

well, obviously i did think aboot at :lol:

.............but ye choost couldna make it up....ken, they go on aboot science an' psycological stuff.

what they'r sayin dis make sense, is backed up by science i mean...

well, ats what i think anyway....:cool:

danc1ngwitch
10-Mar-08, 17:23
iv met a few psychics includin david wells, 'ruth the truth' (fie 'e daily star) an also cassandra eason, whom i hev read alot o' her stuff too.

ye can develop yer own psychic abilities, i reckon....but then, thats my opinion...............

im readin alot o' sylvia browne ifanow, she's great wi' montel williams, kwite often on his show (no that i watch 'at crap) :lol:

If i truely beleived i could develop my own ability to do the most wonderful things, then i am damned if i would pay a fake ta lead me wrongly:eek: ( hmmm not sayin all are fakes o coarse )

sweetpea
10-Mar-08, 17:24

Hmm I wonder about that? If you go into Waterstones et all, the shelves aren't excactly bulging with psychic writes compared to non fiction say, so I'm not convinced

ExoticQueen
10-Mar-08, 17:30
i believe in the phychic world a lot everyone can have there say in what they believe,so as long as everyone has there views the world will be a interesting world,peace to everyone xx:Razzxx:)

sadam
10-Mar-08, 18:15
I can certainly say I believe in it as from what I have seen I have no reason to doubt any of it. Everyone any of the clairvoyants went to could relate to what she was saying to them. The one I went to in the Weigh Inn had over 200 people there and everyone was fine with it. I cant see how she would have memorised everyones details of who was there and how would she know who was going to be there?

linkside
10-Mar-08, 18:44
I also believe whole heartedly that there are mediums that do and can pass messages from spirit, I have been told by a medium certain things that they would and could NEVER have known about and also the medium passed on information to a relative of mine something that the person had told ANYONE about at all.
Yes of course there are the charlatans that prey on people and do it for monetary gain but, they are usually found out!

dragonfly
10-Mar-08, 21:28
I voted yes but think its more intuition than psychic abilities.

I do believe I am intuitive to a degree; things like knowing the phone is going to ring before it does, knowing I am going to win a competition when I enter it (but that could be just wishful thinking), I often freak out my hubby by saying things he is thinking but that could be because we know each other too well or because we have little else to say to each other :lol:

Oddquine
11-Mar-08, 03:13
I haven't voted, because while I am open minded, I don't need scientific proof, because all that would prove is that the people tested had or didn't have some psychic abilities...........not that they were clairvoyants/mediums.

I have heard a tape my sister received of the first private reading she attended (with someone who lives about thirty five miles away in another town) and was gobsmacked at the accuracy of what she said about her situation at the time..and all without asking leading questions that I noticed. And I was totally amazed when all the predictions she made came true within the next year.

So I'm open minded.

Boozeburglar
11-Mar-08, 11:33
In my experience it seems to be only particularly vulnerable people who "believe". And so called psychics are merely good at picking up on this lack of emotional stability.

In your experience, rather than just in your opinion?

We can assume your experience is extremely limited, as this is the 'only' type of person you have encountered who 'believe'.

cd1977
11-Mar-08, 11:41
Feel free to "assume" whatever you wish about my experience :roll:

However if you can prove to me that psychic powers do actually exist, I am open to be persuaded otherwise.

Until then, I won't hold my breath.

Boozeburglar
11-Mar-08, 11:56
Get back to me when you are unstable or vulnerable, like the rest of us.

honey
11-Mar-08, 12:00
The one I went to in the Weigh Inn had over 200 people there and everyone was fine with it. I cant see how she would have memorised everyones details of who was there and how would she know who was going to be there?

again, this brings me back to something Derren Brown did... he did it with groups of people in different countries...f i remember right, he basically tried to "read a person" from envelopes they had been given .. he then took the envelopes away and put in a description of each persons personalitys. Cut to each individual reading their induvidual pages (by themsleves) and being shocked at how correct their readings were

we are then shown the group coming back together, and slowly realising they have all been given the exact same sheet!!

each person has read what they relate to from the sheet, and disregarded anything else, so to them it is an exact likeness.. whereas its just a piece that could have (and was) written about anyone..

fake psychics can use the same technique, be vague enough to cover a lot of people, but make it sound very personal to the person wanting to beleive.

Saying that, just because there are fakes, it doesnt mean psychic power doesnt exist. How many of us have woke up with a bad/good feeling and have had something happen the same day to prove that "hunch" right"

or ones that i always get... you think of a song you havent heard in years, then it comes on the radio/music channels!! or think of a person you havent been speaking to in a while, then you get an email/text/call from them :eek:

cd1977
11-Mar-08, 12:16
And what practical use does any of this psychic power have in the real world?

Give me next week's lottery numbers and I may just start to believe.

The deliberate deceit of vulnerable people is a serious money spinner. It's the only reason the whole industry exists.

But I don't know how these "psychics" can sleep at night. Making money by fraudulent means from half-baked speculation.

honey
11-Mar-08, 12:36
The deliberate deceit of vulnerable people is a serious money spinner. It's the only reason the whole industry exists.

i dont agree with this.. yes, there are some dodgy people out there preying on people, but that can be said of a lot of "industrys". If someone goes to a psychic and hears some comforting words to help them in a time of grief (for example, what makes that any different to getting the same from their chuurch, or even a councellor.?

just becuase its not something you beleive in, it doesnt make it any less valid for those that do beleive..

trix
11-Mar-08, 12:39
And what practical use does any of this psychic power have in the real world?

Give me next week's lottery numbers and I may just start to believe.

it seems e'd mite be ye thats obsessed wi money rether than 'e psychic :Razz :lol:

cd1977
11-Mar-08, 12:43
Aye well even the winner of the 3.30 at Haydock would do!

TBH
11-Mar-08, 13:33
again, this brings me back to something Derren Brown did... he did it with groups of people in different countries...f i remember right, he basically tried to "read a person" from envelopes they had been given .. he then took the envelopes away and put in a description of each persons personalitys. Cut to each individual reading their induvidual pages (by themsleves) and being shocked at how correct their readings were

we are then shown the group coming back together, and slowly realising they have all been given the exact same sheet!!

each person has read what they relate to from the sheet, and disregarded anything else, so to them it is an exact likeness.. whereas its just a piece that could have (and was) written about anyone..
That is a technique known as the Barnum effect, used by astrologists and such-like.

nannydip
11-Mar-08, 20:25
I have voted no, I do not believe.Many years ago a very close friend comitted suicide. As with a lot of suicides many people are left with a feeling of guilt, could they have helped that person more, could they perhaps even have prevented that person from taking their life?
I felt I had let my friend down and I suppose looking for some kind of answers I started to visit psychics/clairvoyants ,always on a one to one basis.
I left each and every session feeling I had been duped, and I really wanted to believe. It actually made what I was going through worse, but I kept trying.
For me the help was the passage of time and the realisation I could not have prevented their suicide.

TBH
11-Mar-08, 21:31
I have voted no, I do not believe.Many years ago a very close friend comitted suicide. As with a lot of suicides many people are left with a feeling of guilt, could they have helped that person more, could they perhaps even have prevented that person from taking their life?
I felt I had let my friend down and I suppose looking for some kind of answers I started to visit psychics/clairvoyants ,always on a one to one basis.
I left each and every session feeling I had been duped, and I really wanted to believe. It actually made what I was going through worse, but I kept trying.
For me the help was the passage of time and the realisation I could not have prevented their suicide.I am no expert but I believe that if someone is willing to commit suicide successfully they will do it and absolutely nothing you can say will make them feel any better nor will it prevent them from ending their life. Someone once said that mediums don't claim to be there to help the bereaved but yet they supposedly talk to the spirit form of the deceased so what else do they pertain to do. As I have said, some people feel themselves to blame or have un-answered questions for the person they lost and they will seek "help" from a medium. Your chances of getting any answers are usually proportional to the amount of time the "medium" has spent with you before the show or during a break gleaning what information they can from you.

honey
12-Mar-08, 16:38
That is a technique known as the Barnum effect, used by astrologists and such-like.

i was to busy drooling over Mr Brown to listen to the technical stuff!! ;):lol:

trix
12-Mar-08, 17:42
i was to busy drooling over Mr Brown to listen to the technical stuff!! :lol:

eughhh....he choost so....strange lookin :mad:

Blazing Sporrans
12-Mar-08, 18:56
I think a significant part of the 'industry' is shown to be a sham by those parasites, the self-christened 'psychic detectives'. Why is everything so cryptic with them? It's worse than The Times crossword puzzle!

If these 'detectives' are in direct communication with the departed or are communicating through their spirit guides (or even by mystic Blackberry), why don't they come up with direct answers rather than shady and devious innuendos?

honey
12-Mar-08, 19:01
eughhh....he choost so....strange lookin :mad:

ive seen him in the flesh.. and believe me, he isnt..... and if he can do that to your mind, just imagine what else he can do!!! ;)

quiteone
13-Mar-08, 00:38
iv been to 2 and both were exactly correct on things noone else could know. theres goto be somethin in it!! very spooky both occasions.

ExoticQueen
13-Mar-08, 12:30
am a believer have spoken to quite a few psychics over the years and i spoke to one personnaly and she has been correct to the point its spooky that was 14 years ago and everything she said would happen has and other things are happening as we speak so in some way she was able to see what i couldnt,i myself have heard and felt things or people noone can explain and its spooky to start with but then you get used to it,there is another plane just above ours and that is why there is sightings my dog passed awy 5yrs ago and i still feel him in the room at night if am upset he was always there for me when he was alive and he still is in spirt am not saying anyone has too believe but the ones that dont are entitled to there say so lets just be nice to each other and get on lifes too short and u never know when our time is up.peace to you all and god bless you all:)

trix
13-Mar-08, 19:32
an peace be wi ye exotic queen ;)

Moi x
15-Mar-08, 03:00
am a believer have spoken to quite a few psychics over the years and i spoke to one personnaly and she has been correct to the point its spooky that was 14 years ago and everything she said would happen has and other things are happening as we speak so in some way she was able to see what i couldnt,i myself have heard and felt things or people noone can explain and its spooky to start with but then you get used to it,there is another plane just above ours and that is why there is sightings my dog passed awy 5yrs ago and i still feel him in the room at night if am upset he was always there for me when he was alive and he still is in spirt am not saying anyone has too believe but the ones that dont are entitled to there say so lets just be nice to each other and get on lifes too short and u never know when our time is up.peace to you all and god bless you all:)Where is this plane that's just above ours? Can I see it when it's raining or is it only there when you've been out in the sun for too long?

groatsgirl
15-Mar-08, 18:12
Your such an inspiration to us all with your posts ! we can't wait for the next one. It must be so hard being such a well balanced person in a world of people who have there own opinions are completely mad and can't spell.How many more insults are you going to throw at people ? If i was a moderator you would be band from this forum for lack of respect for people opinions , this is a very sensative issue for some people and your just trying to make a complete fool of them so you can get a few laughs. Oh well done you !!

Where is this plane that's just above ours? Can I see it when it's raining or is it only there when you've been out in the sun for too long?

Metalattakk
15-Mar-08, 18:33
Your such an inspiration to us all with your posts ! we can't wait for the next one. It must be so hard being such a well balanced person in a world of people who have there own opinions are completely mad and can't spell.How many more insults are you going to throw at people ? If i was a moderator you would be band from this forum for lack of respect for people opinions , this is a very sensative issue for some people and your just trying to make a complete fool of them so you can get a few laughs. Oh well done you !!

If you can't stand the heat, step out of the kitchen. ;)

DeHaviLand
15-Mar-08, 18:43

Pot, kettle, black methinks, as far as peoples opinions are concerned:(. Is Moi x not entitled to express her opinion because its different to yours?

groatsgirl
15-Mar-08, 20:11
She is not entitled to slag off peoples spelling ability or anything else for that matter ! Which i see in quite a few posts she is very fond of doing. Does that have anything to do with psychics or did i miss the point ?

Pot, kettle, black methinks, as far as peoples opinions are concerned:(. Is Moi x not entitled to express her opinion because its different to yours?

DeHaviLand
15-Mar-08, 20:42
She is not entitled to slag off peoples spelling ability or anything else for that matter ! Which i see in quite a few posts she is very fond of doing. Does that have anything to do with psychics or did i miss the point ?

Maybe it has. Cant a psychic just look up some meta-physical dictionary as they're typing? Et voila, no spelling mistakes ;):lol:

ExoticQueen
15-Mar-08, 21:00
Maybe it has. Cant a psychic just look up some meta-physical dictionary as they're typing? Et voila, no spelling mistakes ;):lol:
the wee group strikes again well done you have a knack off being so off putting to other people hope you aint like that in real life i wouldnt want to mix with you at all

groatsgirl
15-Mar-08, 21:53

Is that it ? I think you & Moi x are on the same mental level ! You are both very disappointing. Maybe we should start a thread on Dyslexia ?
People should stick to the original thread ! ( Well Said ExoticQueen ) It's always the same people !

DeHaviLand
16-Mar-08, 02:27
the wee group strikes again well done you have a knack off being so off putting to other people hope you aint like that in real life i wouldnt want to mix with you at all

Trust me on this one, you really wouldn't;):lol:

DeHaviLand
16-Mar-08, 02:31
Is that it ? I think you & Moi x are on the same mental level ! You are both very disappointing. Maybe we should start a thread on Dyslexia ?
People should stick to the original thread ! ( Well Said ExoticQueen ) It's always the same people !

No, I would never claim to have attained the same level of education that Moi x so obviously has. Next spurious argument please!:roll:

As for being disappointing, well, you wouldn't be the first woman I've disappointed;)

trix
16-Mar-08, 02:38
really LMAO ifanow.....[lol][lol]

Moi x
21-Mar-08, 02:05
Trust me on this one, you really wouldn'tDHL is right, he's mine. ;)

No, I would never claim to have attained the same level of education that Moi x so obviously has. Next spurious argument please!

As for being disappointing, well, you wouldn't be the first woman I've disappointedOn second thoughts, perhaps we can share ...

I don't need to say any more, they can read my mind. Or so they might think ...

I've been informed that the plane just above ours is the Astral plane, so I've learned something this week. I was aware that my BF's souped up Astra could fly across the Causewaymire but I didn't know it had wings. :cool:

Moi x

Ricco
21-Mar-08, 08:27
Nope - don't believe it. I often see signs for psychic fairs. Why on earth would they need a sign? Surely possessing such an ability means that you would know that it was on and exactly where it was?;)

DeHaviLand
21-Mar-08, 19:40
DHL is right, he's mine.

On second thoughts, perhaps we can share ...

I don't need to say any more, they can read my mind. Or so they might think ...

I've been informed that the plane just above ours is the Astral plane, so I've learned something this week. I was aware that my BF's souped up Astra could fly across the Causewaymire but I didn't know it had wings.

Moi x

Looks like we're already sharing:(

trix
21-Mar-08, 20:35
If i truely beleived i could develop my own ability to do the most wonderful things, then i am damned if i would pay a fake ta lead me wrongly:eek: ( hmmm not sayin all are fakes o coarse )

sorry danc1ngwitch...i think ye misunderstood me, i didna pay any o' mentioned psychics money til do a readin for me...i choost met them, (back stage if ye lek) at a witchfest in glesgow.

i actually won one o' cassandra easons books for bein 'e best dressed witch...

i wisna dressed as a witch....an i didna even enter 'e competition [lol]

Moi x
22-Mar-08, 00:03
Looks like we're already sharing:(I think my poetic licence has expired, he's an ex, and he's not even my most recent ex. ;)

But that's a story for another year ...

Can any of the believers explain what this astral plane thing is?

Moi x

ExoticQueen
22-Mar-08, 20:42
the astral plane is the one where the spirit one is just about 3 foot above ours that is why people get sightings because they can overlap if your interested why dont you go to the library and look up astal plane you would get too know a little about what we believe in good luck in finding out what you need to know;)

ExoticQueen
22-Mar-08, 20:44
it is i have noticed that well if they were that interested they only had to ask nicely and we would tell them well said groatsgirl it seems we have 2 stick together on this one:roll:

Moi x
29-Mar-08, 00:56
the astral plane is the one where the spirit one is just about 3 foot above ours that is why people get sightings because they can overlap if your interested why dont you go to the library and look up astal plane you would get too know a little about what we believe in good luck in finding out what you need to know;)I should have been more precise. I have read up on the Astral Plane but I would like to know what you think it is. Can you explain what it is and how we communicate through it, preferably in your own words?

jodyfos
29-Mar-08, 23:15
I am anything but vulnerable and I BELIEVE and have had personal experiences. There is an afterlife. Believe and you will be able to experience and see and feel. Keep an open mind and dont dismiss

trix
30-Mar-08, 01:14
I should have been more precise. I have read up on the Astral Plane but I would like to know what you think it is. Can you explain what it is and how we communicate through it, preferably in your own words?

hi moi x,

i too hev read up on 'e astral plane. i guess its lek anither dimension or many dimensions rether, ones that our human brain choost cana tune in til or adhere til.

i da suppose ye can communicate through it at will. ye wid hev til study conscious thought at great length. meditation an practicin visualisation wid be required til bring ye til 'at higher level....an even then, efter a life changin, body rockin, mind shatterin, shockin revelation....ye might still no be convinced :roll::lol:

rockchick
30-Mar-08, 11:19
Saying that, just because there are fakes, it doesnt mean psychic power doesnt exist. How many of us have woke up with a bad/good feeling and have had something happen the same day to prove that "hunch" right"

or ones that i always get... you think of a song you havent heard in years, then it comes on the radio/music channels!! or think of a person you havent been speaking to in a while, then you get an email/text/call from them :eek:

This is just coincidence...think about how many times do you think of someone, and then NOT get an email/call/text from them? Probably lots; the only instances that stand out in your memory are the times when the two events coincide. It might only happen once in a thousand times, but you remember it when it does. Statistically it's bound to happen once in a while. Same with the song on the radio.

I'm open-minded... I've never been to a clairvoyant, but I've had my cards read by a self-professed white Wiccan. It was the weirdest experience I've had that I can think of, and astonishingly accurate.