PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU start the day??

rob16d
10-Mar-08, 07:20
What's everybody's morning routine? ;)

I get up at 6 am.
Then log on to the pc for about 20 mins.
Then run a bath.
Then have some food.
Then lounge around doing a bit of tidying.
Then get ready for school!

johnlc
10-Mar-08, 07:45
i get up at 6am

feed littleset child

turn on comp for bout an hr

eldest kid gets up so make his brekkie

go for shower

then back down and dress kids

take eldest to school

then dwn town for shopping or tidy house:)

rob16d
10-Mar-08, 07:52
i get up at 6am

feed littleset child

turn on comp for bout an hr

eldest kid gets up so make his brekkie

go for shower

then back down and dress kids

take eldest to school

then dwn town for shopping or tidy house:)

So it's phase out of 6? :)

Oooops forgot to add that I feed my cats!

Venture
10-Mar-08, 08:30
What's everybody's morning routine? ;)

I get up at 6 am.
Then run a bath.
Then have some food.

My Rob you are well organised in the mornings. Good for you, not many teenagers can get out of bed at 6 am.

chaz
10-Mar-08, 08:34
Im another 6 o clock riser,then have to have coffee,feed dogs and horses.Then its time to wake the rest of the mad house:)

Venture
10-Mar-08, 09:07
Im another 6 o clock riser,then have to have coffee,feed dogs and horses.Then its time to wake the rest of the mad house:)

I vary between 6 and 6.30 depending on how cold or dark it is. First on the list is dogs out, then large coffee and then turn on the org for a nosey. Then as you say Chaz time to get the mad house on the road.

PS Hope you're children are a bit better today.

Lolabelle
10-Mar-08, 09:09
I too get up around 6, clean teeth, make coffee, check emails and org etc, feed dogs and bird, read bible with another cuppa and have some breaky. Put on washing, vaccuum, get dog beds out of house. Clean up in general. Jesse, my nephew comes at 8am, take him to school at 8.30 -45am and then come back and into the office. Oh and I shower and get dressed somewhere in there.

ciderally
10-Mar-08, 09:41
me...
get up 8am...
coffee and fag..
throw dogs and their beds out...
clean and sort out pool..
coffee and brekki...
tidy house..check emails and org..
into town..
then its siesta time at 2pm...so ....

chaz
10-Mar-08, 12:34
I vary between 6 and 6.30 depending on how cold or dark it is. First on the list is dogs out, then large coffee and then turn on the org for a nosey. Then as you say Chaz time to get the mad house on the road.

PS Hope you're children are a bit better today.
Hi Venture,
They both seem about the same thanks,glands swollen but no rash:)
Another mad person with a mad house pleased to hear that i dont feel as mad now[lol]

karia
10-Mar-08, 12:43
Get up as late as I can get away with and wash face/brush teeth then settle down with a large mug of hot water and check my e-mails etc. then it's breakfast, bath, clothes, make-up and hair.:D

justine
10-Mar-08, 12:49
simple..By opening my eyes...............;)

Then all hell breaks lose...the kids are free

The noise level goes up and thats it the days has started....:eek:

Kevin Milkins
10-Mar-08, 12:56
I rise at 5-30 am
Down to Reiss beech and jog for about an hour.
Back home and wash the car
Do the house work and hoovering.
Clean out the fire and get the coal in.
Cook my wife her breakfast and take up to bedroom for her.
Spend about an hour gardening to give wife time to wake up properly.

THEN AT 8 AM THE ALARM GOES OFF AND I WAKE UP FOR REAL AND WIFE SAYS COME ON SLUG ITS TIME TO GET UP.LOL

ciderally
10-Mar-08, 13:00
I rise at 5-30 am
Down to Reiss beech and jog for about an hour.
Back home and wash the car
Do the house work and hoovering.
Clean out the fire and get the coal in.
Cook my wife her breakfast and take up to bedroom for her.
Spend about an hour gardening to give wife time to wake up properly.

THEN AT 8 AM THE ALARM GOES OFF AND I WAKE UP FOR REAL AND WIFE SAYS COME ON SLUG ITS TIME TO GET UP.LOL
:lol: happy dreaming :lol:

Julia
10-Mar-08, 13:31
Up at 8
put dogs out
get eldest up
coax eldest into school uniform
give brekkie to eldest
try and get eldest upstairs to brush teeth, hair and wash face
in between seeing to youngest
feed dogs breakfast
try to coax eldest back downstairs and into school coat
eldest leaves for school at 8.55am
and relax!

Thumper
10-Mar-08, 13:37
Up at 6.30
let dog and cat out
coffee and a wake up time
drag eldest out of shower so i can get in it
have shower,do hair and make up
get other 2 up and feed them
shout at said other 2 to get showered,dressed,stop fighting, until 8.35 when they leave to go to school...if they are actually ready by then :roll:

Sapphire2803
10-Mar-08, 13:56
Alarm goes off at 7am... I press snooze.
Alarm goes off at 7.05am.... I press snooze.
Alarm goes off at 7.10am... I press snooze and then I pick up my phone and ring my eldest to wake him up.
Alarm goes off at 7.15... I mean to press snooze, but press the wrong button and switch the alarm off.

Emergency second alarm goes off at 7.45am... I jump out of bed, trip over something on the floor, swear a blue streak and then run upstairs to wake my eldest who has gone back to sleep, wake my daughters while I'm there.

Head for the kitchen to get a coffee, then go outside for a cigarette, that gets me out of the way while my son runs around like a whirlwind getting ready for school, then I wave him off as he cycles down the road to catch the bus.

Go back upstairs to see where the girls have got to, find them slumped in a heap on the floor half asleep (apparently they're getting dressed)

Make my second coffee of the day and clean out the fire.

Call the girls again because it's now 8.10am

8.15am: The girls appear downstairs dressed, but no socks on. They have breakfast
8.20am: Break up a row between the girls which will have started with either... "Mum, she's looking at me" or "Mum she's breathing near me" or something similar.
8.25am: Tell girls to brush their hair, wash faces and clean teeth.
8.27am: Tell girls to put socks on.
8.28am: Tell older girl to put socks on, tell younger girl to brush hair
8.30am: Remember packed lunches haven't been made and make them.
8.35am: Brush younger daughter's hair ("I've brushed it Mum"... "Yeah, right!")
8.36am: Taxi arrives. Give younger daughter a kiss as she goes out the door and then go searching for older daughter.
8.38am: Tell older daughter to put socks on..... again!
8.39am: Older daughter puts her coat on, gets to the door and stops.
Me: "What's wrong?"
Her: "I need my hair straightened!".
Me: "What... Now?"
Her: "Yeah, I can't be seen like this"

I then throw a pair of socks at her (that's right folks, she never did put any on), shove her out the door to the taxi, shut the door and sigh...

Make another cuppa, have another cigarette and I'm just about to go back to bed for an hour when I spot their packed lunches still sat on the kitchen worktop......

I am not and never have been a morning person! :roll:

karia
10-Mar-08, 14:02
Alarm goes off at 7am... I press snooze.
Alarm goes off at 7.05am.... I press snooze.
Alarm goes off at 7.10am... I press snooze and then I pick up my phone and ring my eldest to wake him up.
Alarm goes off at 7.15... I mean to press snooze, but press the wrong button and switch the alarm off.

Emergency second alarm goes off at 7.45am... I jump out of bed, trip over something on the floor, swear a blue streak and then run upstairs to wake my eldest who has gone back to sleep, wake my daughters while I'm there.

Head for the kitchen to get a coffee, then go outside for a cigarette, that gets me out of the way while my son runs around like a whirlwind getting ready for school, then I wave him off as he cycles down the road to catch the bus.

Go back upstairs to see where the girls have got to, find them slumped in a heap on the floor half asleep (apparently they're getting dressed)

Make my second coffee of the day and clean out the fire.

Call the girls again because it's now 8.10am

8.15am: The girls appear downstairs dressed, but no socks on. They have breakfast
8.20am: Break up a row between the girls which will have started with either... "Mum, she's looking at me" or "Mum she's breathing near me" or something similar.
8.25am: Tell girls to brush their hair, wash faces and clean teeth.
8.27am: Tell girls to put socks on.
8.28am: Tell older girl to put socks on, tell younger girl to brush hair
8.30am: Remember packed lunches haven't been made and make them.
8.35am: Brush younger daughter's hair ("I've brushed it Mum"... "Yeah, right!")
8.36am: Taxi arrives. Give younger daughter a kiss as she goes out the door and then go searching for older daughter.
8.38am: Tell older daughter to put socks on..... again!
8.39am: Older daughter puts her coat on, gets to the door and stops.
Me: "What's wrong?"
Her: "I need my hair straightened!".
Me: "What... Now?"
Her: "Yeah, I can't be seen like this"

I then throw a pair of socks at her (that's right folks, she never did put any on), shove her out the door to the taxi, shut the door and sigh...

Make another cuppa, have another cigarette and I'm just about to go back to bed for an hour when I spot their packed lunches still sat on the kitchen worktop......

I am not and never have been a morning person! :roll:

Love it sapphire..especially you phoning your son upstairs!:D

Sapphire2803
10-Mar-08, 14:13
Love it sapphire..especially you phoning your son upstairs!:D

If you look up the word lazy in the dictionary, there is a nice colour picture of me beside it...

I do get better as the day goes on though... honest guv :lol:

trix
10-Mar-08, 14:24
alarm set for 8 - snooze half a dizin times, curse that i never went til beid sooner :mad:

jump oot o' bied at 20 til 9, put ma eyes in an straightners on....

wash masel, brush ma teeth....get dressed, mmh...what wil i wear on ma feet aday? boots or shoes....boots or shoes....chienge ma top, then chienge it back again.....dis ma bum look beeg in is?? getin panicy now....

straighten ma hair as best i can, make up on (takes 2 menids) - fag burnin in 'e ashtray.

then next ma auld cheil is in 'e van ootside, cana keep him waitin or he'l be off - disna wait for no-one.....

then when i step intil ma work at half 9, all ma troubles melt awie - such a happy place.....

on holiday iss week tho....use them or lose them ;)

Margaret M.
10-Mar-08, 15:10
Kevin, you had me thinking that you were one in a million -- I should have known. :)

I get up around 7 and like Trix I curse myself for not going to bed earlier. I feed the doggies and let them out. Weigh myself before I eat or drink anything. Have a big glass of lemon water and check emails, etc. Then it's a work out DVD either before breakfast or after. After that it varies depending on if I have a meeting or if I'm working in the yard, today it's the yard. I just had 15 yds of mulch delivered and I had them dump it in front of the garage door so if I want to drive my car again it will have to be spread. The shower, hair, makeup and clothes will have to wait today.

karia
10-Mar-08, 15:18
a
then when i step intil ma work at half 9, all ma troubles melt awie - such a happy place.....

on holiday iss week tho....use them or lose them ;)

I think it is really fantastic that you enjoy your work so much that holidays are almost a hardship to be endured.

I know for sure that you make your colleagues and the folks you care for very happy to know you.:D

herenow
10-Mar-08, 16:00
Get up when the kids waken, Have a shower, Dry and straighten my hair n put make up on, tidy house, feed wash and dress kids. tidy again. then im ready to face the day ahead!! :D

rob16d
10-Mar-08, 16:58
Love hearing all the replies!

trix
10-Mar-08, 17:13
iv no really started ma day YET!!

still in ma goony :eek:

....delited wi masel :Razz

rob16d
10-Mar-08, 17:18
iv no really started ma day YET!!

still in ma goony

....delited wi masel :Razz

You should be ashamed of yourself!!! :lol:

Ash
10-Mar-08, 17:22
get woken by my 4year old telling me its breakfast time and she is hungry..... everyday lol

breakfast, wash, iron clothes, do hair(mine and wee one) take her to nursery then come home and do college work well and on the org

mccaugm
10-Mar-08, 17:25
Wakened at 6.50 when alarm goes up...annoy hubby till he puts it on snooze
6.55 remind eldest to get out of bed for his shower
7am alarm goes of again, youngest climbs into bed for a few minutes
7.05 get youngest dressed and he gives me a wee cuddle till
7.15 race eldest out of shower and yell middle one to get into the shower asap -ask eldest to take youngest downstairs for his breakfast
7.30 if middle child is actually out of shower I get in
7.45 get dressed and if enough time dry hair, spend next 15 - 20 minutes nagging hubby to get out of bed with little success....grr it makes me soooo mad
8am go downstairs make hubby and youngest their lunches, nag elder two to get organised, stop watching rubbish TV, make their beds etc
8.10 send youngest upstairs to get his teeth done (and get his dad out of bed if he isn't already)
8.15 eldest leaves to catch his bus minus correct uniform usually and always minus his jacket...rain obviously does not touch him!!!
8.20 finally get breakfast - just in time for the childminder to arrive for youngest who is casually wandering down stairs..shouting..."I on my way mummy"
8.30 middle child leaves for school..this I find odd as he catches the same bus as the eldest one...???
8:40 Hubby wanders down stairs and fixes the fire...he sometimes has brekkie but hes usually too late
8.45 Hopefully in the car en route to college....
9.00...college and hubby heads for work.....

danc1ngwitch
10-Mar-08, 17:28
I awake, and smile.

rob16d
10-Mar-08, 17:33
I awake, and smile.

awwww! Wish I could do that!

mccaugm
10-Mar-08, 21:40
awwww! Wish I could do that!
I don't have time to smile...too many kids...and a hubby that prefers to stay in bed.

I am away for a couple of days with the college so he will have to do my chores etc...hes been warned on pain of death to remember the little ones packed lunch and to do the ironing. Heres hoping...

Ricco
10-Mar-08, 21:44
What's everybody's morning routine?

I get up at 6 am.
Then run a bath.
Then have some food.

Ah.... a late riser!

I am up at 5.00/5.10. Quick shower, dress, breakfast and then off to school (its only 21 miles away but I do like to get there early. I have all the facilities to myself and have avoided the traffic. Bliss! ;)

rob16d
10-Mar-08, 21:57
Ricco... you're the only one at school?

scorrie
10-Mar-08, 22:32
Some time ago The Press and Journal had a slogan "Start the day with the P and J"

One of my colleagues at Dounreay told me that, for him, this meant a Piss and a Joint!!

He was sacked not long afterwards.

canuck
10-Mar-08, 22:36

What does 6 am look like? I'm not sure that I have ever seen it.

karia
10-Mar-08, 22:41
What does 6 am look like? I'm not sure that I have ever seen it.

It's not all it's cracked up to be!:roll:

I prefer its other title..'The middle of the night';)

Thumper
10-Mar-08, 22:41
How come no men have answered....wake up,prise slevery cheek from pillow,rollover,scratch,fart and then get up?;) [lol] x

karia
10-Mar-08, 22:43
How come no men have answered....wake up,prise slevery cheek from pillow,rollover,scratch,fart and then get up? [lol] x

That's your love life ruined then!;)

Thumper
10-Mar-08, 22:47
Sheesh Karia....why do you think I am happy being single...big bed,no drool etc [lol] x

scorrie
10-Mar-08, 22:58
Sheesh Karia....why do you think I am happy being single...big bed,no drool etc [lol] x

You can work a lot of things out using a Sly Drool.

Thumper
10-Mar-08, 23:03

:eek: dare I ask what? [lol]x

karia
10-Mar-08, 23:06

You are on form tonight Scorrie!:)

weestraw
10-Mar-08, 23:29
Alarm @ 6-45 up usually for 7. Shower, coffee then scan internet and radio for the news and sport etc. breakkie and more coffee by 8-15 get books organised for classes and then 8-45 another coffee... out the door by 9 and off to uni!

quiteone
10-Mar-08, 23:33
i was up half of last nite with nitemares so ended up sleeping in for work!!! plus iv just stopped smoking and the tablets im on for it r making me feel really sick all the time sooo not a good morning for me..........i need a new routine :roll:

r.rackstraw
10-Mar-08, 23:55
First, porridge, then:
- feed coos
- feed stirks
- feed more coos
- tea break

mccaugm
11-Mar-08, 10:45
How come no men have answered....wake up,prise slevery cheek from pillow,rollover,scratch,fart and then get up?;) [lol] x

Yup....thats about it...and if you actually deign to ask them to get out of bed...the sequence goes, gurn, scratch, open eyes, walk to shower, pee, fart, shower and then they begin to look marginally like humans.

My hubby reckons that lying in bed with his eyes opens equals being "up" out of bed. ?????

weeboyagee
11-Mar-08, 10:53
How do I start the day....simple.... I don't. I am like an old car that needs cranking for a good while before my engine starts - and you can take that any way you like... heh-heh!

WBG :cool:

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 10:55
Yup....thats about it...and if you actually deign to ask them to get out of bed...the sequence goes, gurn, scratch, open eyes, walk to shower, pee, fart, shower and then they begin to look marginally like humans.

My hubby reckons that lying in bed with his eyes opens equals being "up" out of bed. ?????

Ewwww yuckky descriptiom mccaugm!!!!!!! And your husband is a man whos hares my beliefs!

Boozeburglar
11-Mar-08, 11:36
I start the day by thinking of what I could possibly do to boost my post count to 30-a-day.

;)

golach
11-Mar-08, 11:46
I start the day by thinking of what I could possibly do to boost my post count to 30-a-day.

;)
Got to agree, quantity does not make quality :confused

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 11:48
Haha! Whats better, quantity or quality?

Boozeburglar
11-Mar-08, 11:54
Haha! Whats better, quantity or quality?

Perhaps that question deserves its own thread.

changilass
11-Mar-08, 11:58
It would have to be quality every time :lol:

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 12:06
I cant post a new poll...why not

golach
11-Mar-08, 12:09
I cant post a new poll...why not
I would suggest you read the rules and you may learn why :confused