PDA

View Full Version : Father-In-Laws

mccaugm
09-Mar-08, 22:42
Along the same line as mother-in-laws...whats yours like.

My father-in-law has a wicked sense of humour although he does not keep terribly well. He adores his grandchildren which is a joy.

So whats yours like?

teddybear1873
09-Mar-08, 22:50

My father-in-law has a wicked sense of humour although he does not keep terribly well. He adores his grandchildren which is a joy.

So whats yours like?

Dont think i better say anything lol. It's not suitable for on the forum haha.

Julia
09-Mar-08, 23:21
The very opposite of the MIL ;)

Buttercup
09-Mar-08, 23:41
Sadly, no longer with us. But he was a great mannie who adored his children and grandchildren but rarely showed it.

BRIE
10-Mar-08, 11:05
Ive got nothing nice to say about mine!! horrible man, never bothered with his grandchildren or son & hasnt seen them for 11 years! he certainly isnt missed![evil]

Thumper
10-Mar-08, 11:35
My 1st FIL was a pain in the butt, the 2nd was lovely but unfortunately died before I married his son :( x

Bobinovich
10-Mar-08, 11:41
I have no complaints about mine - he's accepted me for who I am right from the start, despite what other family members thought. I get on great with him and his new wife and they are regular visitors to our house, always remember the kids birthdays and Christmas, and never make any bad comments about my coffee! :D

karia
10-Mar-08, 11:57
Mine died a year ago....

He was a Church of Scotland minister and I always thought he was a bit 'standoffish' but came to know and love him during the months of dreadful illness leading to his death.

When the death notice was posted I was listed as his daughter..not daughter in law..apparently he'd insisted on that.

I wish he was still here.:~(

At Lassagie
10-Mar-08, 14:08
Mine doesnt speak to us anymore and I cant say we miss him at all. My husbands father in law is a different story - he was fantastic as a father, father in law, grandfather and frienf to all his family! Sorely missed by all who knew him.

silverfox57
10-Mar-08, 14:45

So whats yours like?
sadly my father in law past away afew years ago,but had the very same wicked sence of humour, he was well know in thurso for his wicked sence of humour,but would help anyone,would put you away laughing:lol:

honey
10-Mar-08, 15:48
Both my FIL and MIL are fantastic... i really feel like part of the family, which is a big thing to a homesick teuchter!!

Cattach
11-Mar-08, 16:35

So whats yours like?

Do you mean fathers-in-law?

karia
11-Mar-08, 19:44
Do you mean fathers-in-law?

I wondered when someone was going to point that out. I'm glad it was you not me.;)

Cattach
12-Mar-08, 13:04
I wondered when someone was going to point that out. I'm glad it was you not me.;)

Why not you?