PDA

View Full Version : Our Councillors.

cuddlepop
09-Mar-08, 21:11
What is your opinion of your councillors......dont get yourself banned.?;)

With a very tight budget and "saving " targets set for this coming financial year can our councillors be expected to delivery what we expect from them.

This council is suppose to be member lead with advice coming from Highland Council but I feel all to often the councilors start listening to the council and not its constituants.

If in all honesty the budget is insufficient isn't it about time our councillors started to tell HC
"No we're not voting through cuts and closeurs,think again".

I think secretly this is all about privatising the council by removing funding and thus making service delivery impossible.:(

justine
09-Mar-08, 21:17
simply put..I dont have one!

golach
09-Mar-08, 21:30
What is your opinion of your councillors

They, in my opinion are human beings trying to do an impossible task, they are damned if they do, and damned if they dont.
Cuddlepop, would you stand as councillor? I certainly would not.

Green_not_greed
09-Mar-08, 21:34
Without getting into details and getting banned, I think that the new (2007) councillors represent the people of Caithness far better than those they replaced.

There are still some in the "older mould" (sic) about - who tend to put party politics first - but I'm glad to say that they are in the minority.

GNG

cuddlepop
09-Mar-08, 21:39
They, in my opinion are human beings trying to do an impossible task, they are damned if they do, and damned if they dont.
Cuddlepop, would you stand as councillor? I certainly would not.

Golach if I was allowed to carry out my constituants wishes then I would but in my opinion our councillors are not allowed to.
Look at what happened to the councillor that spoke out about the new Inverness Eden court.......he was hounded out of his posistion as Head of ECS commitee.[disgust]

Julia
09-Mar-08, 21:41
Well I was very happy but now I am bitterly disappointed :(

Errogie
09-Mar-08, 23:24
There comes a point in the relentless round of cuts and savings when you have to ask whether the service is worth continueing or whether they shouldn't just give up.

The tragedy is that many of us wouldn't mind paying a bit more in Council tax to get a decent service instead of something which has been so cut to the bone that its barely worth having. And why, when they get to the end of the financial year are there always underspends and desperate last minute expenditures. The bean counters who run local government finance and the system they try and deliver needs to be completely simplified and overhauled as it has not been fit for purpose for years..

Venture
10-Mar-08, 00:13
Well I was very happy but now I am bitterly disappointed :(
Can you tell us why Julia?

BRIE
10-Mar-08, 12:27
what annoys me with the councillors is you write to them with a problem & the majority of them havent even got the decency to reply!
David Bremner is fantastic always there to help & nothing is to much trouble.

cuddlepop
10-Mar-08, 13:11
what annoys me with the councillors is you write to them with a problem & the majority of them havent even got the decency to reply!
David Bremner is fantastic always there to help & nothing is to much trouble.

I emailed every single councillor with our concerns about the removal of funding from the Community Care Forum and no one replyed.
The council have given the CCF a 6 month extension but thats it.

I find once a councillor does a second term they becomes elusive.[disgust]

justine
10-Mar-08, 13:21
although i have said i dont have an opinion i can say that MP, John Thurso replied to my email very quickly about the issue of over parking in wick, There is hope yet......

Penelope Pitstop
10-Mar-08, 13:33
although i have said i dont have an opinion i can say that MP, John Thurso replied to my email very quickly about the issue of over parking in wick, There is hope yet......
I like John Thurso, he always seems very efficient in his post.

blackcat
10-Mar-08, 13:34
[quote=cuddlepop;355283]What is your opinion of your councillors......dont get yourself banned.?;)

With a very tight budget and "saving " targets set for this coming financial year can our councillors be expected to delivery what we expect from them.

This council is suppose to be member lead with advice coming from Highland Council but I feel all to often the councilors start listening to the council and not its constituants.

If in all honesty the budget is insufficient isn't it about time our councillors started to tell HC
"No we're not voting through cuts and closeurs,think again".

I think secretly this is all about privatising the council by removing funding and thus making service delivery impossible.:([/quote

It is time that they look to their conscience. Stand up and be counted!!

cuddlepop
10-Mar-08, 14:03
I like John Thurso, he always seems very efficient in his post.

He's an Mp and like our Charlie does a wonderful job.

We find to get things done you bypass councillors and go straight to an MSP or MP.:roll:

BRIE
10-Mar-08, 14:40
I emailed every single councillor with our concerns about the removal of funding from the Community Care Forum and no one replyed.
The council have given the CCF a 6 month extension but thats it.

I find once a councillor does a second term they becomes elusive.[disgust]

its really frustrating isnt it. im sure theres a rule that they must reply to your letters but im not sure.

blackcat
10-Mar-08, 15:29
its really frustrating isnt it. im sure theres a rule that they must reply to your letters but im not sure.

Some are good at replying - other just don't bother.